You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-10-29] Eintracht Frankfurt vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:24 am

Eintracht Frankfurt will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
8%
Bayern Munich will win
92%

Total votes : 12

[2008-10-29] Eintracht Frankfurt vs Bayern Munich

Postby shwas55 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:38 am

This match is Tomorrow i guess people forgot about Mid week action.

This is a very important week for us in the BL 3 wins in a week could go along way towards us getting in the top 3, i think Klinsi will have to rotate the players to keep them fresh but he has to do it smartly.

We shouldnt have a problem winning this game and the Sat game, and get back to the top
Last edited by MUTU on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Edited the post to follow our standard - http://www.bayernforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1839#p21382
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Eintracht Frankfurt v Bayern Munich

Postby walter » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:05 am

This one should be easy since Frankfurt are really struggling; however, the way this season is going don't take anything for granted. Maybe will see some rotation tomorrow. Hopefully Kroos and Sosa will get some playing time.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2008-10-29] Eintracht Frankfurt vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:34 am

Thanks for starting the thread, shwas55! =D> Indeed I had almost forgotten about it because I was too busy. I've edited it a bit to follow our standards.

About the match, it's a good thing it happened in mid-week, because it means that our opponents didn't have a whole week preparing specifically for our match whilst we were busy playing a Champions League match. The players had Sunday off as a break, which should help the players recover. None of the injured players have recovered yet, so we should expect Lahm, Sagnol, Altintop and Toni not to feature.

On paper, especially given our current form, this shouldn't be a very difficult match. I would like to see Kroos or Breno playing in matches like this, especially given that our opponents will be giving their 100% which always helps to give them experience.

My prediction: Eintracht Frankfurt 1-3 Bayern Munich
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Eritina » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:34 pm

It must be win without any suprises :) I hope for Poldi show :D
Eritina
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby vxg7826 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:22 pm

I hope to see e new formation for bayern tomorrow. First of all, rotation should start from goalkeeper -> meaning that Butt should start. The defence, should be composed of three: Breno, Demichelis, and Lucio. I would start the miedfield with 5 players: Kross, Borowski, Van Bommel, Ze Roberto, and Ribery; finally, our forward line should not be changed: Podolski, Klose.
vxg7826
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby shwas55 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:32 pm

MUTU wrote:Thanks for starting the thread, shwas55! =D> Indeed I had almost forgotten about it because I was too busy. I've edited it a bit to follow our standards.

u welcom. Thanks for putting the poll i totally forgot about it

I really would love to see breno starting this match and give lucio the day off he looked exhausted last week.

I would love to see us play 4-2-2-1-1 with (Borowski/VB)-ZE as central midfielders, and poldi playing behind Klose, although im certain Klinsi wont go for it but i can only hope, cuz i really think we have the players to do some serious damage with this formation, it doesnt have to be defensive cuz Ze can always push forward while (Borowski/Vb) stay back. and with this formation we can play Poldi to his strength (large area to move, run, create and penetrate defenses).
But it looks like klinsi is settling on the 4-4-2 which is not a bad thing
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby MrLinky » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:56 pm

I dont think we're gonna return to 3-5-2 in this match , as Klinsi seems to have finally gotten that you dont change a system that
has proven to be very successful , in the free month during the winter break he can try out some new formations like 3-5-2 in order
to make us more flexible in important matches , just to irritate the opponent a bit , but until then we should stick to this 4-2-2-2.
On paper this shoud be an easy away win for us , as Frankfurt hasnt been doing too good this year so far , but thats what everybody thought
before the Hannover match as well. I hope the players have learned that you're not gonna get anywhere unless you give your best in
every single match , with the name of the opponent and the size of the stadium fading into the background.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:06 am

Watch this video of Bayern players training ahead of the match! :)

http://www.eyep.tv/1.-bundesliga/fc-bay ... em-42.html
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:38 am

Eintracht Frankfurt have dragged themselves off the bottom of the table with two successive wins, but their injury ravaged side now face a resurgent Bayern Munich, who themselves have now won two on the trot. A fine game awaits at the Commerzbank Arena.

Bare Bones

Six points from two games has seen a sunnier atmosphere hanging over the Commerzbank Arena as Frankfurt have clawed their way out of the bottom three for the first time this season. However, perhaps their toughest opponents arrive on Wednesday with the team decimated by injuries.

Defeat to Leverkusen at home had the club at their lowest ebb and some sections of the home support demanding Funkel’s head. The board released a statement backing their under-fire trainer and the squad set off for an impromptu training camp.

That three-day break had the desired effect and the Adler responded with two successive wins over Karlsruhe and Cottbus. The arrival of Bayern Munich however provides a different class of opposition. Funkel however is remaining positive and wants to take something from the game.

“You always have a chance, but a lot will depend how the game pans out and how we cope with the weight of Bayern’s attack. We have to keep the game as open for as long as possible and every one of our players has to perform above himself.”

Funkel is also of the opinion that Bayern are on the up now following their successive Bundesliga victories. “Their on the up, and it will be a blitz quick rise to the top. I have and had no doubts whatsoever that Bayern wouldn’t finish this season as champions.

“They had their problems at the start, but that’s the same for all teams with players returning from the European Championships. It affected us too. But now their international players are finding their rhythm.”

Winter Champions?

If there is a new mood of optimism at the Commerzbank Arena, then the atmosphere surrounding Bayern has changed ten-fold. Within the space of three matches, the headlines have changed from it being Bayern’s worst start to a season in over 30 years to claims that they will be top of the table by Christmas.

A somewhat fortunate 1-0 win away to Karlsruhe was followed up with a top performance against Fiorentina in the Champions League. On Saturday it looked like another bad day at the office for Jürgen Klinsmann as his side went 2-0 down to Wolfsburg, but he showed clever tactical decision making as Bayern fought back with a superb second half display to win 4-2.

“A huge compliment goes to the team for turning the match around and exploiting their quality to get the result. That wasn’t a match for the faint-hearted” Klinsmann said afterwards.

That quality will need to be on show again on Wednesday as the Bavarians travel to the banking capital of Germany looking to profit from the injury crisis that Frankfurt are currently suffering.

“We’re expecting a very, very tough match in a seething cauldron. I can imagine Frankfurt focusing mainly on defence, so we’ll be asked to take the initiative in any case” Klinsmann explained.

“We need to move the ball at speed and look for gaps in their defence. We have to go there with the right mental attitude, and be prepared to go to the limit. It won’t be a walkover, it’ll be a really tricky encounter.

“But we’re there or thereabouts now, and we have to keep it up to get to where we want to be in the table” he added.

FORM GUIDE

Eintracht Frankfurt

25/10/08 v Energie Cottbus (a) WON 2-3 (Bundesliga)

22/10/08 v Karlsruhe (h) WON 2-1 (Bundesliga)

18/10/08 v Bayer Leverkusen (h) LOST 0-2 (Bundesliga)

04/10/08 v 1899 Hoffenheim (a) LOST 2-1 (Bundesliga)

28/09/08 v Arminia Bielefeld (h) DREW 1-1 (Bundesliga)

23/09/08 v Hansa Rostock (h) LOST 1-2 (DFB Pokal)

Bayern Munich

25/10/08 v Wolfsburg (h) WON 4-2 (Bundesliga)

21/10/08 v Fiorentina (h) WON 3-0 (Champions League)

18/10/08 v Karlsruhe (a) WON 0-1 (Bundesliga)

04/10/08 v Bochum (h) DREW 3-3 (Bundesliga)

30/09/08 v Olympique Lyonnais (h) DREW 1-1 (Champions League)

27/09/08 v Hannover (a) LOST 1-0 (Bundesliga)

Head To Head Record in Frankfurt:

16/04/08 Eintracht Frankfurt 1 Bayern Munich 3 (Bundesliga)

17/03/07 Eintracht Frankfurt 1 Bayern Munich 0 (Bundesliga)

29/04/06 Eintracht Frankfurt 0 Bayern Munich 1 (DFB Pokal)

20/09/05 Eintracht Frankfurt 0 Bayern Munich 1 (Bundesliga)

31/01/04 Eintracht Frankfurt 1 Bayern Munich 1 (Bundesliga)

TEAM NEWS

Eintracht Frankfurt

Injuries continue to plague trainer Friedhelm Funkel and it seems likely that he will only have enough players to name a 17-man squad to face Bayern with an U-19 and a U-23 player included.

Midfielder Junichi Inamoto is the latest to go down injured after suffering a torn muscle in the last minute of the weekend win over Cottbus. He joins Mehdi Mahdavikia, Benny Köhler, Chris, Ioannis Amanatidis, Bellaid, Alex Meier, Christophe Preuß, and Zlatan Bajramovic on the treatment table.

Probable Starting XI: Nikolov, Ochs, Russ, Galindo, Spycher, Fink, Steinhöfer, Fenin, Korkmaz, Toski, Liberopoulos.

Bayern Munich

There are no new injury concerns for Jürgen Klinsmann meaning that he has the same four absentees. Luca Toni will miss out on the trip to the Commerzbank Arena as his looks to recover from his rib injury. Philipp Lahm, Hamit Altintop and Willy Sagnol are the others unavailable to Bayern at the moment.

Probable Starting XI: Rensing, Oddo, Lucio, Demichelis, Lell, van Bommel, Zé Roberto, Schweinsteiger, Ribéry, Klose, Podolski

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Eintracht Frankfurt-Nikos Liberopoulos

The Greek striker has perhaps his finest game for Frankfurt at the weekend and will be the target man against Bayern on Wednesday. He will face a tough task against Lucio and Martin Demichelis, but with Bayern looking far from the solid defensive unit they were last season, Liberopoulos will fancy his chances of adding to the 15 goals Michael Rensing has conceded already this season.

Bayern Munich-Lukas Podolski

Podolski has been complaining again this season about his lack of opportunities, but with Luca Toni out with a rib injury, the German international will get a run of games in the side. He didn’t look overly impressed when Klinsmann took him off against Wolfsburg, but then he hadn’t found the net. If he is justify a place in the team, then he will have to start scoring and will want to prove himself against Frankfurt.

PREDICTION

With the injury crisis affecting Frankfurt, it would be a miracle if they were to get anything from Wednesday’s game. Friedhelm Funkel has 11 first team players unavailable, while Bayern seem to be coming into form. It should be a third successive win for Bayern and their recovery and charge up the table will be well in motion.

Eintracht Frankfurt 0-3 Bayern Munich

Mathew Burt
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:42 am

Goal.com wrote:Injuries continue to plague trainer Friedhelm Funkel and it seems likely that he will only have enough players to name a 17-man squad to face Bayern with an U-19 and a U-23 player included.

Goal.com wrote:Friedhelm Funkel has 11 first team players unavailable

If we don't win this match, all our newly-found confidence will vanish.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby reiniksrobis » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:36 am

We should give some playing time for Sosa, Kroos, Breno... I hope, that we will win comfortably... 3:0 for example... :lol:

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:35 pm

Bayern will be missing Brazilian Breno in Frankfurt as the defender has been given compassionate leave for the birth of his first child. He really shouldn't be having kids at his age, unless Real Madrid was right about requesting tests on his teeth to verify his real age.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby reiniksrobis » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:43 pm

OMG, He just turned 19. :shock: Anyway, congrats.. Bayern need to win!!!

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MrLinky » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:02 pm

MUTU wrote:He really shouldn't be having kids at his age, unless Real Madrid was right about requesting tests on his teeth to verify his real age.

It was tests on his bones and yea it makes me kind of suspicious as well.Anyway lets hope for a good game and the 3rd win in a row that should hopefully get us back in the top 3.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby shwas55 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:02 pm

That was uninspiring i dont think we deserved the win today, but we'll take it.
Its the same problems again and again, the winter transfer window cant open soon enough for us.

on a good note Klose is on fire a goal and an assist, i think in the last 4 matches he was the biggest factor in our wins. =D>
Ribery had a shocker till he was involved in the 2 goals.
Ze is doing very good as more of DM role, however we are missing him at times going forward.
Demi should never go forward, every time he did we lost the ball so easily.

all in all i think we should be happy with the three points but we have to thank our luck for it
shwas55
I post all the time

Next

Return to Bundesliga