You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-10-29] Eintracht Frankfurt vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:24 am

Eintracht Frankfurt will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
8%
Bayern Munich will win
92%

Total votes : 12

Re: [2008-10-29] Eintracht Frankfurt vs Bayern Munich

Postby MrLinky » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:15 pm

Again Klose and Ribery our saviour , as shwas mentioned its the same problems over and over again , still its the win thats important espacially since Hoffenheim and HSV also won.Hoffenheim keep surprising me every week , if they continue playing like this they'll have to be taken seriously even as contenders for a CL place.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Raphael Sanzio » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:19 pm

LOL! Minutes before the match I was complaining about MVB always getting yellow cards. Funny though, it seems he's the only one who didn't get yellow-carded in this match :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The win was very unconvincing though, Frankfurt, not only a lowly team, but a lowly team with 11 injured players! If we struggle to win against a team like this, and 6 of our players getting yellow cards, then we're in for a lot of trouble! I can't wait for the winter break. Klinsi is sticking to the 4-4-2 or the 4-2-2-2 just to pass time till the winter break, in which Bayern should seriously consider a good #6, namely Cana!

Another thing, this season is way different than last season. Last season I was laying in the couch, drinking beer, having my time, Bayern wins the match, and sometimes I sleep before the match ends! NOW, IT'S ALL ADRENALINE, BABY!! The adrenaline level in my body is rising, we concede an own-goal, the match before we concede 2 goals, and we fight back and win, WOW!!

All I want is a smooth comfortable win, is that too much to ask [-o<
Raphael Sanzio
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:34 am

Raphael Sanzio wrote:LOL! Minutes before the match I was complaining about MVB always getting yellow cards. Funny though, it seems he's the only one who didn't get yellow-carded in this match

I never/very rarely complain about a referee because I can never judge his performance from an objective point of view in a Bayern match , but in this one some of the yellow cards the Bayern players were shown were a joke , when on the other hand Ochs deserved getting red carded at least twice for almost breaking Ribery's leg with those crazy late challenges on him.Players like Ribery have to be protected a bit by the referee as it is them who make the league attractive and not those "I'm gonna slide-tackle-you-badly cause I cant get to the ball otherwise" players like Ochs.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby MrLinky » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:46 am

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/5374953/1_2_Eintracht_Frankfurt_vs_Bayern_Munich_Goals

Here are the goals of this match.Weird own goal that by Micho.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby Raphael Sanzio » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:46 pm

If I hadn't known any better, I'd thought Micho was a Frankfurt player. Damn, he put the ball in the net a way only a striker can! :lol: Good news guys, we don't have waste money on a fourth striker :lol:
Raphael Sanzio
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby FCBinNYC » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:48 pm

That own goal was completely out of the blue. It just wasn't the touch Micho was looking for, this happens sometimes. I liked seeing Rensing and Van Bommel getting him pumped up again, he looked pretty distraught. Other than that I thought he made some great challenges, as did Lucio, who has apparently decided no-nonsense is the way to go rather than always trying to control the ball and dribble out of the back. Well done!

I was never in doubt that we would win this game though, we had some great chances and should've won by more. The last 5-10 minutes were a bit nerve-wracking since we didn't score more, but we did what we had to do. Klose is the man, this is why when everyone was saying we should sell him I kept my mouth shut. Obviously since rediscovering his form he's stepped up to being a real leader. Ribery could've been better, but it's still essentially preseason for him so it's forgivable, especially since 2 important (and nicely taken) goals in two games is nothing to scoff at. He'll be back to his best soon. On the other hand, things are not looking so good for Poldi. Just when you thought he couldn't do any less than he did against Wolfsburg, he does even less. Did he touch the ball at all yesterday? Toni can't get back soon enough at this point.

Not the greatest performance, but we're keeping the pace so no complaining. The question is: can we afford to rest some legs this weekend for Fiorentina and still keep the momentum going?
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:58 pm

FCBinNYC wrote:That own goal was completely out of the blue. It just wasn't the touch Micho was looking for, this happens sometimes. I liked seeing Rensing and Van Bommel getting him pumped up again, he looked pretty distraught. Other than that I thought he made some great challenges, as did Lucio, who has apparently decided no-nonsense is the way to go rather than always trying to control the ball and dribble out of the back. Well done!

The defense in general looked very confident and superior yesterday , a big improvement compared to the previous matches. Oddo not bringing in the crosses sharply on the offense but really good on the defense , Korkmaz never looked like he could beat him in a duel , Lucio and Micho in the heart of the defense with a solid performance and Ze is Ze , gettin better and better with age , with the energy of a 20 year old and the experience of a 34 year old.Still I have to say it was "only" Frankfurt , lets see if they can keep up the good work defensively against Fiorentina in mid-week.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby BayernRtheBest » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:11 am

Hey Mr linky , ahaha i guess i was right. Demi does score a good amount of own goals. Lets switch him up for Podolski, its not like there will be a big difference in the striking force any way lol. Just laying, I'm starting to finally be convinced by Demi defensive talent lately[ excluding that own goal].
BayernRtheBest

Previous

Return to Bundesliga