You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-04-16] Eintracht Frankfurt vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:18 pm

Eintracht Frankfurt win
No votes
Draw
No votes
Bayern Munich win
100%

Total votes : 4

[2008-04-16] Eintracht Frankfurt vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:18 pm

Bayern have a number of injuries going into this match, and may be resting a few other players ahead of the German Cup final 3 days later, given their 10 point lead in the Bundesliga.

Kahn, Klose and Jansen are doubtful, while Ribery may not play the full match as a precautionary measure.
Last edited by MUTU on Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:56 pm

Click here for channels broadcasting the match live.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:48 pm

We're losing 1-0 but I'm happy because it could have been worse.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:00 pm

FT Score: Eintracht Frankfurt 1-3 Bayern Munich

Scorers: Kohler 29', Van Buyten 60', Toni 74', 85'

Hitzfeld must have said or done something to the team at half time because it was a totally different Bayern in the second half similar to that against Dortmund. Today, Toni managed to attain his 20th goal of the season and with 5 games to go he could well get another 5 !! :lol: I was surprised that Hitzfeld gave Schlaudraff 22 minutes on the pitch. Well he has done a marvelous job with his super acceleration by providing an assist to Toni.
I was wondering why Sagnol wasn't assigned the captaincy. And I'm getting worried over him, injuring himself almost every match.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby FCBinNYC » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:04 pm

Lucky Bayern strikes again! I don't know how we got through that first hour with only 1 goal against...but then our boys showed once again that you only need half an hour to do the business. The good: Toni, Schweini's 2 assists, Schlaudraff's pace. The bad: Lell and Lucio. Lell's been improving recently for sure, but today showed why I'm much more confident with Lahm, Jansen, and/or Willy. (I hope Willy isn't in injury trouble being that they changed what sub they were going to make to take him off.) The Ugly: Ottl's decision making and Frankfurt's tackling. We weren't saints either, but I thought there was some cases where the ref was a little too lenient.
Maybe my expectations were too high after this past weekend, but damn that was rough. We've got to improve on that before the final, but honestly I'm not worried. Hitzfeld might have banned talking about the cup until now, but you can't ban thinking about it and I'm sure that played a factor, at least in the first half. It is strange how this team seems to turn it on when they have to almost at the flick of a switch, but there's no complaining about silverware, right? Oh and Dortmund lost at home to Hannover today 1-3...I'm sure they'll be in great spirits this weekend, ha!
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBinNYC » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:08 pm

Oh yeah one more thing: when is Sosa gonna step up and be nasty like he was at Estudiantes? He was ok today, don't get me wrong, but that's the thing he's always just ok. I thought with 90 we might see something special out of him but not to be...I'll give him another season since I'm sure Munchen is vastly different from Argentina (in football and otherwise) but I want to see more from him.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:25 am

Watch the highlights for this game.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby chori123 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:16 am

We cant expect to play beautiful football all the games..

We changed almost all the team, the important thing is that we got 3 points away from home and we are almost Deutsche Meister !!!!
chori123
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Bundesliga