You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-11-15] Borussia Monchengladbach vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:00 am

Borussia Monchengladbach will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
18%
Bayern Munich will win
82%

Total votes : 11

[2008-11-15] Borussia Monchengladbach vs Bayern Munich

Postby shwas55 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:00 am

This is a critical match for us to win mainly because the top teams (except us) are playing each other this week.(Bayer VS Schalke..... Hoffenheim VS Wolfsburg), if any of Bayer or Hoffenheim drop points we will over take them in the standings.

Lahm and Schweini are expected to play while Poldi is still in doubt.

I hope we can continue our winning form of late and bring the 3 points home.
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: [2008-11-15] Borussia Monchengladbach VS Bayern Munich

Postby FCBinNYC » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:24 pm

There's been a lot of comparisons of Beckenbauer vs Netzer to Ribery vs Marin in the build up to this game. Let's hope it lives up to those standards! Lahm and Schweini are back, I've been thinking it might not be a bad idea to keep Ze at left back and put Lahm on the right. This way Borowski can start as well, which is crucial. We can always bring on Lell or Oddo later and move Ze into midfield if we need more attacking verve. I'm optimistic for this game, they've got a few injuries including Neuville I believe. I'm interested to see how Mike Bradley can handle the Bayern attack, I hope he has a good game but the rest of his team just completely blows it!
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:35 pm

Bayern Munich have a good shot at taking top spot in the Bundesliga four weeks ahead of schedule when they rekindle one of football's great rivalries away to Borussia Moenchengladbach on Saturday.

Franck Ribery has been so good of late that few would bet against Bayern stretching their winning run to six but the home side have a match-winner of their own in Marko Marin, who has recaptured his form just in time for this classic fixture.

Back in the 1970s, Bayern and Borussia were engaged in an epic struggle for Bundesliga supremacy.

Bayern responded to back-to-back Gladbach titles by winning three in a row from 1972-74, only for 'the Foals' to match that feat in the next three seasons.

Now, of course, Bayern are the only remaining Bundesliga superpower, while their old rivals are striving to avoid a third relegation to the second division.

Ribery versus Marin does not have quite the ring of Franz Beckenbauer against Guenter Netzer but it should be a good tussle nevertheless.

----------
A nice view on Monchengladbach vs Bayern in the past and the current situation of the 2 clubs.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/worldFootballNews/idUKLC17057420081113?pageNumber=1&virtualBrandChannel=10174
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:52 pm

Podolski isnt gonna travel to Monchengladbach as he hasnt fully recovered from injury and Klinsmann hasnt picked him for the squad that will travel to this away match , while on the other hand Lahm and Schweini are both ready to make their comeback in this one.Finally Ze can go back to his position in midfield which probably means that Borowski will be taking place on the bench again , something he wont be too enthusiastic about.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby Jorge » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:54 pm

FCBinNYC wrote: I'm interested to see how Mike Bradley can handle the Bayern attack, I hope he has a good game but the rest of his team just completely blows it!

I am waiting for this game to see that too, specially if Ze runs through the center of the field Bradley will have to deal with him throughout the match while containing the overflow from the flanks as well (Ribery and Scheini) For sure this will be a lot of work for Bradley.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby reiniksrobis » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:13 pm

Boro is better as a sub, than a starter... We should win this comfortably. Marin is one of my favorite players. Thought match. Ribery, Toni and Ze to score.

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MrLinky » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:19 pm

Klinsmann Expecting Fierce Resistance From Gladbach

Bayern Munich coach Jürgen Klinsmann insists his team will not have it all their own way when they travel to face struggling Borussia Monchengladbach on Saturday.
Bayern’s so-called 'crisis' seems to be over now that they have stormed up the table to third and a point behind the leaders Hoffenheim and Leverkusen. Uli Hoeness’ prediction that they will finish as winter champions suddenly doesn’t seem like such an idle prediction.

Nevertheless, Klinsmann is refusing to get carried away by their upswing in form by counting points before they're earned.

“We’re expecting a very difficult game,” he insisted on the club's official website. “Gladbach have their backs to the wall, so they’ll fight and go to the limit, just like every other team when they face Bayern.

"We need total concentration and plenty of energy. It’ll be a battle.

“We want to win in Gladbach, and then take over as league leaders sometime in the next few weeks,” he added, though stressed that it is pointless to waste any thoughts on the results of joint leaders Hoffenheim and Bayer Leverkusen, who are also in action on Saturday.

“We have our own job to do first, and that’ll be tough enough,“ Klinsmann concluded.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby fuenf33 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:26 pm

Why...oh why it did again. Bayern draw agains gladbach. :(
fuenf33
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby shwas55 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:30 pm

We had the game all but won till the 75th min.......then we let it slip.
We got too cozy as early as we scored the first goal and thats what killed us at the end we just gave them the chance to keep coming at us, and this has been our problem all season we have no good DM to control the match and hold the midfield when we need it.

We need to secure a DM in january we just cant wait till the summer transfer period to do that.

The only good thing we got out of this match is Lahm's first half performance an assist, a penalty that wasnt given, and some very good tackles.

Bayer and Hoffenheim won so we are 3 points behind now.

On a different subject how about Marco Marin, this guy got it all dribbling, speed, amazing passes, pressure, tackling...... i cant wait till he becomes a Bayern player
Last edited by shwas55 on Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby MaCk0y » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:46 pm

The difference in Bayern between last weekend and this weekend was the efficiency. Bayern had another 4 goal scoring chances + a penalty that wasn't given. You miss to take your chances, you might end up with 1 point or no points. Tha'ts what happened today. But seriously, there is something wrong with the defence. And don't tell me that's because of Klinsi's attacking minded football, it's not an excuse to concede two goals in 3 minutes. :P
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby shwas55 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:34 pm

mackoy wrote:The difference in Bayern between last weekend and this weekend was the efficiency. Bayern had another 4 goal scoring chances + a penalty that wasn't given. You miss to take your chances, you might end up with 1 point or no points. Tha'ts what happened today. But seriously, there is something wrong with the defence. And don't tell me that's because of Klinsi's attacking minded football, it's not an excuse to concede two goals in 3 minutes. :P

I think two problems are very obvious with our defense
Our central defenders are too slow , if they over commit and don't pull off the tackle we are in trouble. and thats the reason why Breno should get a start ahead of Demi or Lucio because he has some speed , i know they have more experience but he will fix a weakness.

The second is the one we have been talking about since the summer No DM to come back and help the defense when they get stretched..........................
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby MrLinky » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:01 pm

A copy of the Bochum match , the last ten minutes were a nightmare defensively , before that I have to say they didnt cause us any problems , but thats what happens when u get over confident at 2-0 , you get a goal back and then the crowd goes crazy on an away match which makes the task to hold on to the 1 goal margin harder , even if its against a team like Monchengladbach.Its now Klinsmann's job to find out why concentration is lost just like that from a second to the other and find a solution to that because obviously something like this is unacceptable not just for Bayern , for any team if you have half a dozen great chances and you're leading by 2 goals 10 minutes before the end of the game , you have to hold on to that.In my opinion Klinsi made a bit of a mistake substituting Kroos in for Klose right after the first goal we conceded , a player like Ottl should have come in to cool the match down and grab the 3 points , but we gotta look opitmistically towards the future , nothing is lost yet , Hoffenheim and Leverkusen still have to play us , the difference to the top is just 3 points.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby MrLinky » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:13 pm

shwas55 wrote:Our central defenders are too slow , if they over commit and don't pull off the tackle we are in trouble. and thats the reason why Breno should get a start ahead of Demi or Lucio because he has some speed , i know they have more experience but he will fix a weakness.

I dont think CB's have to necessarily be very quick , the best CB in the world - in my opinion - John Terry isnt the fastest guy , neither is Cannavaro.
Obviously we didnt have this speed problem you're claiming we have last season , and I dont think Breno would be a solution to this "problem" cause he isnt very quick either.The defense is just very insecure right now and personally I think its because of Klinsmann experimenting a lot at the beginning of the season with the formation , espacially defensively and the big commitment of the midfielders on offense , Ze for example now plays slightly in front of van Bommel most of the time as a CM/OM , during Hitzfeld's time he used to play next to MvB as a normal DM.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby shwas55 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:46 am

MrLinky wrote:
shwas55 wrote:Our central defenders are too slow , if they over commit and don't pull off the tackle we are in trouble. and thats the reason why Breno should get a start ahead of Demi or Lucio because he has some speed , i know they have more experience but he will fix a weakness.

I dont think CB's have to necessarily be very quick , the best CB in the world - in my opinion - John Terry isnt the fastest guy , neither is Cannavaro.
Obviously we didnt have this speed problem you're claiming we have last season , and I dont think Breno would be a solution to this "problem" cause he isnt very quick either.The defense is just very insecure right now and personally I think its because of Klinsmann experimenting a lot at the beginning of the season with the formation , espacially defensively and the big commitment of the midfielders on offense , Ze for example now plays slightly in front of van Bommel most of the time as a CM/OM , during Hitzfeld's time he used to play next to MvB as a normal DM.

Their lack of speed is just one of the problems that our CBs are having, how about not being able to deal with High balls, and over committing at times, but i though that breno could fix the first problem cuz he is much quicker than Demi.

I totally agree with u about Klinsi's mistake is substituting Klose with Kroos that was stupid, that move didnt make any sense after we conceded the first goal, as much as Klinsi has improved, his ability to read the match and make subs still not the best.
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby vxg7826 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:57 am

I really feel that this match can influence in our title race. We really had to win this match (If we do not beat teams like Gladbach out, how we expect to beat Hoffenheim or Leverkusen???) Now, I am really angry with Klinsman substitutions - he made some ugly substitutions yesterday that even my grandmother would not do. Immediately we scored the second goal, he substituted LAHM and SHWEINI, both of whom were at the right level, with Borowski and SOSA. This was a really mistake and changed the direction of the match in contrast to Bayern.

Bad thought substitutions!!!

P.S. I think that Bayern played the best first half of the season, but was seemingly the trainer's fault the match was transformed on the bad of FC Bayern due to substitutions...
vxg7826
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Next

Return to Bundesliga