You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-11-15] Borussia Monchengladbach vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:00 am

Borussia Monchengladbach will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
18%
Bayern Munich will win
82%

Total votes : 11

Re: [2008-11-15] Borussia Monchengladbach VS Bayern Munich

Postby MrLinky » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:28 pm

Bayern Captain: We Threw Away Two Points

Bayern Munich captain Mark van Bommel was caught in two minds while commenting on his side's 2-2 draw against Borussia Mönchengladbach.
The Dutchman claimed that Bayern did not collapse, while at the same time admitting that they had "stupidly thrown away two points" after surrendering a two-goal lead.

"I don't think we caved in," he insisted after the match. "We played very well until conceding the first. I don't think we lost concentration. If you analyse the game as a whole, we were much the better team, and we've stupidly thrown away two points."

Philipp Lahm was decidedly more critical of the team's display. "You can't be 2-1 up and then suddenly find yourselves outnumbered in your own penalty area, that's not on," he fumed.

"Perhaps we thought we were home and dry and didn't concentrate hard enough. We had the match under control and we made chances, but we didn't kill the game there and then.

"Then you let in a goal, and it's always going to be hard here after that. I think Jürgen Klinsmann will find the right words. We had a huge opportunity to take all three points here, but instead it's a case of dropping two."
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby shwas55 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:39 pm

vxg7826 wrote:I really feel that this match can influence in our title race. We really had to win this match (If we do not beat teams like Gladbach out, how we expect to beat Hoffenheim or Leverkusen???) Now, I am really angry with Klinsman substitutions - he made some ugly substitutions yesterday that even my grandmother would not do. Immediately we scored the second goal, he substituted LAHM and SHWEINI, both of whom were at the right level, with Borowski and SOSA. This was a really mistake and changed the direction of the match in contrast to Bayern.

Bad thought substitutions!!!

P.S. I think that Bayern played the best first half of the season, but was seemingly the trainer's fault the match was transformed on the bad of FC Bayern due to substitutions...

Lahm and Schweini just got back from injury so you could understand why he would subbed them when we were 2-0 up, but the mistake he made was putting Kroos on for Klose after conceding the first goal, ottl should have been put on as an extra body in our back half
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBinNYC » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:09 pm

Yes, the subs killed us. We were fine until then. Yes, letting in two goals in two minutes is inexcusable. As Rumenigge said, if it weren't for four stupid goals in a total of four minutes or so of football (yesterday and vs Bochum) we'd have four more points and already be top. So frustrating! The fact that we played brilliantly up until then makes it that much harder to take. I feel my face turning red like Uli's just thinking about it. The only salvation is that when you look at the table it's still not bad at all, as long as we're in the CL spots (and are making progress in the CL as well) I'm satisfied. But damn, that was stupid. At least we've got Cottbus at home next week, we've got to win that since Leverkusen's next. (With Steaua in between.) THIS IS WHERE IT GETS SERIOUS!
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby reiniksrobis » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:26 pm

We didn`t take seriously our opponent, it was psychical problem, i think. Toni should have scored hat trick, referee was BAD. Sometimes I just wanted to break both his legs and hands! :twisted: :twisted:

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Previous

Return to Bundesliga