You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2007-05-05] Borussia Mönchengladbach vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

Borussia Mönchengladbach vs FC Bayern Munich...predictions?

Gladbach will win
8%
Bayern will make it up to the fans
38%
Draw
8%
LOL..i dont care anymore
No votes
We should field our youngsters
46%

Total votes : 13

Postby Mirage » Thu May 03, 2007 11:37 am

bayern1301 wrote:
fcelber87 wrote:Micho is solid, he should stay.

he's by no means anything special though. he is quite inconsistant and if i recall correctly no teams have ever desired his services and i don't think ever will... unless he goes on a free lol.

How many times has he been capped for Argentina? I doubt many :(

By the way, some guys called Stefano and Louis from the reserves have been training with the senior squad. Maybe they will get starts, or substituted in. And there's Hummels.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bayern1301 » Thu May 03, 2007 11:50 am

Mirage wrote:
bayern1301 wrote:

he's by no means anything special though. he is quite inconsistant and if i recall correctly no teams have ever desired his services and i don't think ever will... unless he goes on a free lol.

By the way, some guys called Stefano and Louis from the reserves have been training with the senior squad. Maybe they will get starts, or substituted in. And there's Hummels.

yeah i doubt if demi has played much more than 100 minutes with argentina if that much at all.

stephano?... do you mean stephan fuerstner? if so then i wouldnt mind seeing him, for the first time might i add since becoming professional with the first team.
and hummels... i also havnt seen much of him but he played against barcelona in our last match against him and he didnt have the best time there on the pitch.
bayern1301
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Mirage » Thu May 03, 2007 11:59 am

No not that guy. These guys Stefano Celozzi and Louis Ngwat-Mahop. I haven't heared of them before, but they're from the reserves. Celozzi is a defender and Ngwat-Mahop a striker.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby bayern1301 » Thu May 03, 2007 12:02 pm

lol wow, well it goes to show, i have absolutely no knowledge about our current reserve players :oops: .
bayern1301
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MUTU » Thu May 03, 2007 1:11 pm

If I'm not mistaken, I think Celozzi is a guy with dual German and Italian citizenship and plays as a left back. Louis Clément Ngwat-Mahop has been playing for the reserve team since the start of the season, and hails from Cameroon. He's scored 6 goals in 28 matches.

Celozzi scored 1 goal in 13 matches this season, but he's a defender.

More info here:
http://www.fussballdaten.de/vereine/bayernmuenchena/2007/kader/

Please note that Maierhofer is no longer playing for the reserves since he moved to Koblenz in January.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby SweetLeisha » Thu May 03, 2007 2:06 pm

I have to remember these new players' name.
SweetLeisha
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby SweetLeisha » Thu May 03, 2007 2:41 pm

SportBlid said Hitzfeld have decided Kahn would stay home, Rensing would play.
SweetLeisha
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby fcelber87 » Thu May 03, 2007 3:57 pm

bayern1301 wrote:
Mirage wrote:
bayern1301 wrote:

yeah i doubt if demi has played much more than 100 minutes with argentina if that much at all.

stephano?... do you mean stephan fuerstner? if so then i wouldnt mind seeing him, for the first time might i add since becoming professional with the first team.
and hummels... i also havnt seen much of him but he played against barcelona in our last match against him and he didnt have the best time there on the pitch.

Micho played in one Match or Argentina against
England a year or so ago. England won 3-2.

Also that Barca match was last year! THe whole team sucked more then than they do now. MVB wasn't Bayern player then either.

Anyway, Demichelis scored a wonderful goal against Hannover. And he scored the only Bayern goal against Monchengladbach, and the equalizer against Bayer Lev. back in the fall. He is not up to speed because he hasn't played enough. You can thank Magath for that.
fcelber87
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby bayern1301 » Thu May 03, 2007 4:27 pm

fcelber87 wrote:...He is not up to speed because he hasn't played enough. You can thank Magath for that.

actually, demi got most of his playing time with magath! he played DM remember in the favoured diamond formation back then. he didnt play much earlier this season due to injury that he sustained prior to the WC, which is the main reason why he did not play much in the first half and since then he hasnt been able to work his way back into the team. especially now in the second half of the season that we bought a new regular first team midfielder- van bommel (the great)- theres simply been no room for him. ultimately there are better players than he is in our current line up despite the many burdensome deficiencies we have, which will HOPEFULLY all be dealt with by the beginning of next season.

EDIT:

[quote="fcelber87"...Also that Barca match was last year! THe whole team sucked more then than they do now. MVB wasn't Bayern player then either. [/quote]

i was talking about hummels not the whole team.
Last edited by bayern1301 on Thu May 03, 2007 4:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
bayern1301
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MUTU » Thu May 03, 2007 4:28 pm

SweetLeisha wrote:SportBlid said Hitzfeld have decided Kahn would stay home, Rensing would play.

I am really angry at this. Why is it that when Rensing plays, Kahn is never on the bench? I have a feeling that Kahn is so full of himself that he refuses to sit on the Bayern bench, and that's why he made such a big fuss out of sitting on the Germany bench at the World Cup.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bayern1301 » Thu May 03, 2007 4:41 pm

MUTU wrote:
SweetLeisha wrote:SportBlid said Hitzfeld have decided Kahn would stay home, Rensing would play.

I am really angry at this. Why is it that when Rensing plays, Kahn is never on the bench? I have a feeling that Kahn is so full of himself that he refuses to sit on the Bayern bench, and that's why he made such a big fuss out of sitting on the Germany bench at the World Cup.

i didnt know he made a fuss about sitting on the bench. i just thought he was disappointed at the decision since his long-time 'rival' took over his position as no1 keeper. or is that what u meant?
bayern1301
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby SweetLeisha » Thu May 03, 2007 4:53 pm

I didnt think too much about why. Now, I kinda agree with MUTU. Maybe he is so pride. Bayern needs new leader.You think who will be?
SweetLeisha
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby bayern1301 » Thu May 03, 2007 5:05 pm

SweetLeisha wrote:I didnt think too much about why. Now, I kinda agree with MUTU. Maybe he is so pride. Bayern needs new leader.You think who will be?

as i found out by MUTU in another thread, sagnol, the current vice-captain, is promised the captains armband when kahn leaves. personally though i want van bommel to lead. he is experienced in leadership (psv) and gives his all for the team. hitzfeld has acknowledged his place as the leading figure within the line-up, naming him our 'aggressive leader' so perhaps theres a good chance that he maybe wearing the arm band instead of sagnol, just maybe.
bayern1301
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MUTU » Thu May 03, 2007 5:34 pm

bayern1301 wrote:i didnt know he made a fuss about sitting on the bench. i just thought he was disappointed at the decision since his long-time 'rival' took over his position as no1 keeper. or is that what u meant?

Well, yes. Just compare him to Kuranyi who was a first team player and wasn't even chosen to play in the World Cup, and he didn't make any fuss about it. As far as I know, Kahn never started a match on the bench, whilst playing for Bayern, at least definitely not whilst Rensing was the 2nd keeper.

When Rensing was played in the cup, they said they were resting Kahn and he didn't even go to the stadium. I've said this before and I'll keep on saying it, it would be really helpful for Rensing and the rest of the team to have a great figure like Kahn spurring them on from the bench. But it seems that Kahn expects to play each match, or else he just won't sit on the bench.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bayern1301 » Thu May 03, 2007 6:09 pm

MUTU wrote:
bayern1301 wrote:i didnt know he made a fuss about sitting on the bench. i just thought he was disappointed at the decision since his long-time 'rival' took over his position as no1 keeper. or is that what u meant?

Well, yes. Just compare him to Kuranyi who was a first team player and wasn't even chosen to play in the World Cup, and he didn't make any fuss about it. As far as I know, Kahn never started a match on the bench, whilst playing for Bayern, at least definitely not whilst Rensing was the 2nd keeper.

When Rensing was played in the cup, they said they were resting Kahn and he didn't even go to the stadium. I've said this before and I'll keep on saying it, it would be really helpful for Rensing and the rest of the team to have a great figure like Kahn spurring them on from the bench. But it seems that Kahn expects to play each match, or else he just won't sit on the bench.

i see what ur saying but surely kahn isnt that uptight? i can understand if he was peeved during the world cup but surely not for a minor stint like this at bayern. i cant imagine him being so misunderstanding particularly for bayern. and anyway, im sure i remember him being on the bench for at least some of the matches during the WC for example when germany (heroically) beat argentina through penalties, where kahn whispered some words of wisdom into lehman's ears in preparation.

though there doesnt seem to be a plausible reason as to why he is staying home for the match, as a fan of the all-inspiring kahn, there has simply got to be :). perhaps he really is being rested and giving an opportunity (or practice) for the team to be without his encouragement etc as they will be without him as their captain entirely very soon. i dont mean to contradict you but surely our kahn is better than that.
bayern1301
Yeah, now I'm talking!

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga