You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-08-13] Borussia M'gladbach vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll runs till Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:30 pm

Borussia Mönchengladbach will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
100%

Total votes : 3

Re: [2021-08-13] Borussia M'gladbach vs Bayern Munich

Postby longeleven » Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:57 am

America USA wrote:Who cares? If Bayern win the BL and finish up semifinalists in the UCL it won't hamper Bayern's market brand in any significant way.

However I do agree that Bayern must eliminate a big European club this season over two legs in KO matchup, that would give the club more credibility and add legitimacy to our BL domination.

Now what is a Big Club?
I include the following:
- Real Madrid
- Barcelona
- PSG
- Liverpool
- Manchester United
- Chelsea
- Manchester City
- Juventus
- The Milan Clubs

Anyways back on topic with both Lucas and Davies out injured, God knows who's gonna play LB for Bayern. Sarr maybe? :lol:

omah richard, the new free LB from England :mrgreen:
he is quick, strong with good technique but brain still small for playing high level tactical football :roll:
longeleven
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:56 am

#12 wrote:
America USA wrote:Another year without UCL won't bother me that much. 10 league titles in a row is something legendary and as long as we win the BL and KO a big team in the UCL (preferably Real Madrid or Inter/Juve) I'll consider it a satisfactory first season under JN.
Well, this priority is something you full well can set… I just see it differently… While I want it, too, the difference between a tenth title and a second CL in three years is LIGHT YEARS… Actually the 10 probably has a negative prestigious effect…
I think you're spot on with that last sentence... Indeed, a 10th BuLi at this point has a negative prestige effect. And deservedly so too...
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:52 pm

America USA wrote:
Ottomeister87 wrote:Hell i dont give a shit if we dont win or reach a semi final every year in the CL.. For me it can be once every 10 years, that makes that shit special. As long as they gave it their all atleast..

Nah One European Cup per decade is too low a bar for a club of Bayern's status. 2-3 per decade is a more realistic ambition and what the club needs to strive for.

You call that a realistic goal?

Is there any team that has been consistently winning 2-3 CL trophies every decade ????????????
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby America USA » Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:52 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:
America USA wrote:
Ottomeister87 wrote:Hell i dont give a shit if we dont win or reach a semi final every year in the CL.. For me it can be once every 10 years, that makes that shit special. As long as they gave it their all atleast..

Nah One European Cup per decade is too low a bar for a club of Bayern's status. 2-3 per decade is a more realistic ambition and what the club needs to strive for.

You call that a realistic goal?

Is there any team that has been consistently winning 2-3 CL trophies every decade ????????????

Yes it is realistic because it has been done in the last couple of decades. Milan, Barcelona and Real Madrid have all won at least two in a decade recently.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:57 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
#12 wrote:
America USA wrote:Another year without UCL won't bother me that much. 10 league titles in a row is something legendary and as long as we win the BL and KO a big team in the UCL (preferably Real Madrid or Inter/Juve) I'll consider it a satisfactory first season under JN.
Well, this priority is something you full well can set… I just see it differently… While I want it, too, the difference between a tenth title and a second CL in three years is LIGHT YEARS… Actually the 10 probably has a negative prestigious effect…
I think you're spot on with that last sentence... Indeed, a 10th BuLi at this point has a negative prestige effect. And deservedly so too...

So you want Bayern to lose because the internet trolls and media pundits will mock us?

I don't care if Bayern win the DFB Pokal because we're so far ahead of the rest. Next year I'll probably have the same attitude towards the BL but not this season because this season Bayern have a date with destiny. 10 in a row would be a remarkable achievement and I'm not sure it's going to be overtaken anytime soon. This Bayern Munich team's legacy will be eternal in German football if they manage to win 10 successive BL titles. Even 200 years from now they will probably still be in the history books throughout European football as the only team that managed to do so in a Big European league
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:23 pm

America USA wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
#12 wrote:[quote="America USA"]Another year without UCL won't bother me that much. 10 league titles in a row is something legendary and as long as we win the BL and KO a big team in the UCL (preferably Real Madrid or Inter/Juve) I'll consider it a satisfactory first season under JN.

So you want Bayern to lose because the internet trolls and media pundits will mock us?

I don't care if Bayern win the DFB Pokal because we're so far ahead of the rest. Next year I'll probably have the same attitude towards the BL but not this season because this season Bayern have a date with destiny. 10 in a row would be a remarkable achievement and I'm not sure it's going to be overtaken anytime soon. This Bayern Munich team's legacy will be eternal in German football if they manage to win 10 successive BL titles. Even 200 years from now they will probably still be in the history books throughout European football as the only team that managed to do so in a Big European league[/quote]Of course not. I also enjoy watching Bayern win, and even more when it's a goal fest and we get to see 2-3 goals by Lewy + Müller + a couple of other guys (as was often the case with Jupp and Pep). But we should also be cognizant that the club can only win 10 straight leagues because the BuLi is in complete decadence and no team is even able to compete. At time they don't even try to compete, which is extra pathetic. In the long term that can only lead to BuLi shrinking and shrinking until it becomes the Dutch league and Bayern becomes Ajax. So, we shouldn't congratulate ourselves so much for the 10th title and instead should realize the threat it implies.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Previous

Return to Bundesliga