You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2019-12-07] Borussia M'gladbach vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:30 pm

Borussia Mönchengladbach will win
33%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
67%

Total votes : 3

Re: [2019-12-07] Borussia M'gladbach vs Bayern Munich

Postby #12 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:01 pm

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:Oh and I'd rather win in the dying minutes than lose...

Great insight!

Is it as good as the 6 points you were so sure the last two games would bring us while I stuck to 0?
FC **** LOSERS München!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:02 pm

ramsej84 wrote:I remember the comments on Kovac when we squandered leads

Yeah, 5 games -all of which better than every single one under Kovac- 80 games, where's the difference right?
FC **** LOSERS München!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:03 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
#12 wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:There are problems in the squad but it is good enough on paper to reach the SF, considering most teams have their own problems at the moment. I still think so.

Doesn’t mean we will and we aren’t performing well enough, but then the coaching has to take part of the responsibility for that. Yes, the board too, because they didn’t present him with a complete squad, but ultimately we are performing way below the quality we do have.

Nope... The games reflect our quality... Since Flick... We've always needed an abundance of opportunities and the players we sign don’t make it better... I see at least 6 teams better than us which would make a semifinal, yes, luck...
No, your exagerating. We definitely are the best squad in Germany so, at the very least on the BuLi we're way below potential.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk

Are we? We have a few quality players but no cohesion... I see Leipzig stronger...
FC **** LOSERS München!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

[2019-12-07] Borussia M'gladbach vs Bayern Munich

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:14 pm

But if we did that as regularly as Juve you’d say we are being very lucky at the moment! and I’d agree, and do think the same about Juve.

I completely disagree that we can’t beat the likes of Juve and Atletico. It will depend on the day because all teams are currently inconsistent.

Btw, I take it we should exclude the Kovac era and therefore the Frankfurt game. I was the first to say Flick should be judged solely on the CL and the big BL games after the early hype and so far he’s failed on that front, but let’s see what he and the squad can do together and forget about the Kovac disaster. I don’t want to judge our squad quality too much on Kovac’s results.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:36 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:

But if we did that as regularly as Juve you’d say we are being very lucky at the moment! and I’d agree, and do think the same about Juve.

I completely disagree that we can’t beat the likes of Juve and Atletico. It will depend on the day because all teams are currently inconsistent.

Btw, I take it we should exclude the Kovac era and therefore the Frankfurt game. I was the first to say Flick should be judged solely on the CL and the big BL games after the early hype and so far he’s failed on that front, but let’s see what he and the squad can do together and forget about the Kovac disaster. I don’t want to judge our squad quality too much on Kovac’s results.

Well, I'm raging mad at them either way, for all I care 8-10 of them can go to hell!
FC **** LOSERS München!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:11 pm

There are certainly a lot of issues that'll need fixed to get a good result this season. OF course we were 9 points behind last year, but level on points with Gladbach and only had BVB ahead of us. So we pretty much had to just do our job and hope for some help from BVB, which of course we got.

This year, while we're not as far back - only 7 ("only) - we have 6 more teams that we need help from, too. So it's a very different situation to go from needing BVB to slip up to needing BVB, Leipzig, Gladbach, Freiburg, Leverkusen, and Schalke to slip up.

But with that in mind - the gap from 7th (where we currently sit) to 3rd is only two points. Without Javi's last minute nightmare we'd be in 4th and just 1 point out of 3rd and that looks a lot nicer than 7th, on appearance. By measure of xG, we're still the league leaders and we've got the second-lowest xG coming against us. On goal differential (actual) we'd be second in the table, so it does speak to some measure of simply bad luck. It's true that the honeymoon period has probably worn off for Flick, but we're still playing better on the whole than before and should expect things to improve. Catching Gladbach and Leipzig will still be tough, but realistically we should expect 3rd place at worst. Most the bettors and analysts will still tip us to be league winners when all is said and done. No guarantees, but with a closer look things aren't as dire as they may seem.

As far as the UCL, who knows. Plenty of teams have been able to play like relative crap domestically and turn up in UCL nights. We are not playing great, but to our benefit, nobody else really is, either. City have been dreadful domestically and unconvincing in Europe. Liverpool have been great in league play, but looked remarkably mediocre in UCL. Madrid have been a mess all around, Barca are up-and-down and look just average, PSG have eternal loser-mentality, Atleti have looked poor in UCL, and even Juve with Ronaldo have looked okay at best this season. As crazy as it may sound, you could probably make an argument that we've been the best team in the UCL this season so far, which is kinda ridiculous, hahah. I wouldn't call us favorites by any means but at the same time I don't really think there *is* any favorite at the moment - just nobody is really looking much ahead of anyone else.
Operation ten Hag 2k20: Commence!
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:30 pm

aterford wrote:There are certainly a lot of issues that'll need fixed to get a good result this season. OF course we were 9 points behind last year, but level on points with Gladbach and only had BVB ahead of us. So we pretty much had to just do our job and hope for some help from BVB, which of course we got.

This year, while we're not as far back - only 7 ("only) - we have 6 more teams that we need help from, too. So it's a very different situation to go from needing BVB to slip up to needing BVB, Leipzig, Gladbach, Freiburg, Leverkusen, and Schalke to slip up.

But with that in mind - the gap from 7th (where we currently sit) to 3rd is only two points. Without Javi's last minute nightmare we'd be in 4th and just 1 point out of 3rd and that looks a lot nicer than 7th, on appearance. By measure of xG, we're still the league leaders and we've got the second-lowest xG coming against us. On goal differential (actual) we'd be second in the table, so it does speak to some measure of simply bad luck. It's true that the honeymoon period has probably worn off for Flick, but we're still playing better on the whole than before and should expect things to improve. Catching Gladbach and Leipzig will still be tough, but realistically we should expect 3rd place at worst. Most the bettors and analysts will still tip us to be league winners when all is said and done. No guarantees, but with a closer look things aren't as dire as they may seem.

As far as the UCL, who knows. Plenty of teams have been able to play like relative crap domestically and turn up in UCL nights. We are not playing great, but to our benefit, nobody else really is, either. City have been dreadful domestically and unconvincing in Europe. Liverpool have been great in league play, but looked remarkably mediocre in UCL. Madrid have been a mess all around, Barca are up-and-down and look just average, PSG have eternal loser-mentality, Atleti have looked poor in UCL, and even Juve with Ronaldo have looked okay at best this season. As crazy as it may sound, you could probably make an argument that we've been the best team in the UCL this season so far, which is kinda ridiculous, hahah. I wouldn't call us favorites by any means but at the same time I don't really think there *is* any favorite at the moment - just nobody is really looking much ahead of anyone else.

I don’t exactly know how PSG have loser mentality and we don’t...
FC **** LOSERS München!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:38 pm

#12 wrote:I don’t exactly know how PSG have loser mentality and we don’t...

Have you watched PSG for the last few seasons? They make us look like absolute cold-blooded killers by comparison!
I know there's a lot to criticize right now but they've arguably a better squad than us and have choked in every way far more frequently...of all the things to go after Bayern for at the moment, this ain't it...
Operation ten Hag 2k20: Commence!
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:48 pm

Seriously? Even I doubt that...

We have a bunch of wannabe crybabies who are nothing but **** ups... At least PSG win their own shitty league easily without being scored on more often than a dead hooker at a necrophiliacs meeting...
FC **** LOSERS München!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Previous

Return to Bundesliga