You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-12-04] Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:30 pm

Borussia Dortmund will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
25%
Bayern Munich will win
75%

Total votes : 4

Re: [2021-12-04] Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:57 pm

Alexander wrote:
MUTU wrote:
Alexander wrote:Remember Sane’, perhaps we can have some patience with Sabitzer?

What about Sane`, rated 358 out of 359 Bundesliga players in terms of discrepancy between his xG and the actual goals?

In my opinion he is a lot better this season than last and maybe that can happen with Sabitzer?

He's still rated 358 out of 359. He took 43 shots (3rd highest in the Bundesliga) and scored a measly 4 goals.
MUTU
Site Admin & Euro 2016, 2017/18, World Cup 2018 and Euro 2020 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & Euro 2016, 2017/18, World Cup 2018 and Euro 2020 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Alexander » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:08 pm

Judging by that statistic he is bad but I think he has shown what he is capable of. He decided the match against Bielefeld and is doing great in the CL. Atleast in my opinion.
Alexander
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:10 pm

Alexander wrote:Judging by that statistic he is bad but I think he has shown what he is capable of. He decided the match against Bielefeld and is doing great in the CL. Atleast in my opinion.

Yes, given he shoots almost as frequently as Lewandowski, he's bound to score some by the laws of probability. The problem for him I feel is that he tends to try and place the ball with power and much more often than not he shoots high, wide or both.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Alexander » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:28 pm

I agree that Sane’s efficiency has been poor but I think he gives the team something that few others can do.
Alexander
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ottomeister87 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:53 pm

Tbh.. The fase with Sabitzer to acclimate is over. He joined us with a minor injury, nothing that kept him sidelined for 6 to 9+ months..

What he has shown, especially vs Augsburg was just retarded. Not even able to handle a ball without pressure from an opponent. I think that even if he wasnt injured now, he wouldnt have much playtime. He has a lot of work to do in the winterbreak to get up to Bayern level or his time could be over rather quick. He is nowhere near the RB level.

Lol @ those kicker ratings of some, Reus a 3 and Tolisso a 4? Reus was only seen after his crying for a penalty.
Ottomeister87
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:04 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:Lol @ those kicker ratings of some

And what exactly did Neuer do to warrant a 3? The only good save he did was ruled out for offside, so it shouldn't count.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ottomeister87 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:12 pm

MUTU wrote:

And what exactly did Neuer do to warrant a 3? The only good save he did was ruled out for offside, so it shouldn't count.

Ah well that what matters is what the table shows anyway, 3 points added, 4 points ahead ;)
Ottomeister87
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:17 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:
MUTU wrote:

Ah well that what matters is what the table shows anyway, 3 points added, 4 points ahead ;)

And 5mm of teardrops collected.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:10 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:Tbh.. The fase with Sabitzer to acclimate is over. He joined us with a minor injury, nothing that kept him sidelined for 6 to 9+ months..

What he has shown, especially vs Augsburg was just retarded. Not even able to handle a ball without pressure from an opponent. I think that even if he wasnt injured now, he wouldnt have much playtime. He has a lot of work to do in the winterbreak to get up to Bayern level or his time could be over rather quick. He is nowhere near the RB level.

Lol @ those kicker ratings of some, Reus a 3 and Tolisso a 4? Reus was only seen after his crying for a penalty.
Thing is a rough start can sometimes throw off your entire season. I’m not giving up on him yet.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bastos80 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:37 pm

MUTU wrote:
Alexander wrote:
MUTU wrote:What about Sane`, rated 358 out of 359 Bundesliga players in terms of discrepancy between his xG and the actual goals?

In my opinion he is a lot better this season than last and maybe that can happen with Sabitzer?

He's still rated 358 out of 359. He took 43 shots (3rd highest in the Bundesliga) and scored a measly 4 goals.

I would rather have a player that constantly gets himself into good positions, causing trouble for the opponents, and is too inefficient relative to that, but still grabs a goal or assist every 79 minutes in all competitions, than a player who hardly takes part in the game, but has a very high conversion rate.

"What about Sané?" Seriously? If you're not joking, then your Sané agenda has reached weirdo-levels I've only ever seen in Facebook comments before. The difference between Sané this season and Sané last season is already like the difference between night and day. There's a reason he's one of the first names on the teamsheet since months, and all this shows is that there's still lots of room for improvementfor him, which is more something to get excited about, than to take as your killer argument to discredit his performance so far this season.
---------------Lewandowski
------------Sané - Müller - Gnabry
------------Goretzka - Kimmich
Davies - Hernández - Upamecano - Süle
--------------------Neuer
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby GBoiker » Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:02 pm

Jude Bellingham was not happy after the match. big words for little kid. I hope he could afford the fine.
https://www.sportsbetting3.com/soccer/g ... sliga-odds
Dortmund could challenge but Leverkusen seem most stable. new manager boost for leipzig will help. knew american would not do well!
Last edited by GBoiker on Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GBoiker
Getting the hang of it

Years of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:13 pm

Your use of that statistic doesn't look right @MUTU

Afaik, divergences between actual goals and expected goals are expected to be mean-reverting to zero. It's not a gauge of "efficiency" or anything like that. It's statistical noise.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:26 pm

MUTU wrote:

Were you drunk?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:39 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Your use of that statistic doesn't look right @MUTU

Afaik, divergences between actual goals and expected goals are expected to be mean-reverting to zero. It's not a gauge of "efficiency" or anything like that. It's statistical noise.

Well, complain to Bundesliga. The 2nd stat they show in the app is exactly that and they titled it "Shot Efficiency".
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ottomeister87 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:16 pm

In my book, you go to much off about stats.. Dont you actually see whats happening on the pitch? Sane working like a horse in offense and defense? He causes trouble, not always ending in succes, but he goes and goes and goes. And comparing him this to last season is indeed night and day. Only his Goals/Assist stats are already better as last season, and that happened a couple of matches ago already..

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Ottomeister87 wrote:Tbh.. The fase with Sabitzer to acclimate is over. He joined us with a minor injury, nothing that kept him sidelined for 6 to 9+ months..

Thing is a rough start can sometimes throw off your entire season. I’m not giving up on him yet.

I am not giving up on him either, wouldnt be fair, but the fact is, he showed bad stuff so far. And the question is how many chances he is going to get, especially if Kimmich is back soon and Tolisso is staying fit.. And even Musiala gets his time there.
Ottomeister87
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga