You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-12-04] Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:30 pm

Borussia Dortmund will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
25%
Bayern Munich will win
75%

Total votes : 4

Re: [2021-12-04] Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:50 am

Ottomeister87 wrote:True..

I would play it Neuer, Davies, Lucas, Upa, Sule, Gore, Tolisso, Sane, Muller, Coman, Lewa.. And somewhere second half Gnabry and Musiala guaranteed playing time to keep BVB occupied. But make sure you keep that back 4 and not push up Davies all the time where he cant fall back in time if Dortmund counters.
Davies is never caught too up. There are no situations in which he doesn't recover. He can push up as much as he wants.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:52 am

MUTU
Site Admin & Euro 2016, 2017/18, World Cup 2018 and Euro 2020 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & Euro 2016, 2017/18, World Cup 2018 and Euro 2020 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:43 am

YlonenXabi wrote:
#12 wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:Ok so you think BVB are having a better season than us?
They‘re still in it for three titles… When they win, they will be, yes…

OK so you'd rather win Pokal than the Champions League I guess?

You'd rather be thrashed in the CL group stage by Sporting Lisbon and Ajax than in Pokal by Gladbach. Not to mention we already beat Dortmund in the Supercup

:roll:

Sorry, but I'm not buying your BS this time :coffee:
No, I‘d rather win Pokal than nothing…

And no one really cares about the SuperCup, but it was nice to beat them
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:44 am

And THIS is also a factor btw…
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Alexander » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:37 am

I repeat what I have said many times, ten titles in a row is a fantastic achievement. Beating Dortmund would be a big step towards that but it will be very difficult. We need a better performance than what we have seen in the last matches.
Alexander
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:07 am

I honestly think the level of play we showed against Bielefeld is more than enough to beat BVB.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ben Gardner » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:23 am

Alexander wrote:I repeat what I have said many times, ten titles in a row is a fantastic achievement. Beating Dortmund would be a big step towards that but it will be very difficult. We need a better performance than what we have seen in the last matches.

The same goes for Dortmund, if we want to avoid being humiliated, but still lose with some dignity, we need to step up big time, simple as that.
Ben Gardner
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby Alexander » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:36 am

MUTU wrote:I honestly think the level of play we showed against Bielefeld is more than enough to beat BVB.

Hmm, maybe I am overestimating Dortmund? I think they have huge potential on their day...
Alexander
I post all the time

Postby Alexander » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:37 am

Ben Gardner wrote:
Alexander wrote:I repeat what I have said many times, ten titles in a row is a fantastic achievement. Beating Dortmund would be a big step towards that but it will be very difficult. We need a better performance than what we have seen in the last matches.

The same goes for Dortmund, if we want to avoid being humiliated, but still lose with some dignity, we need to step up big time, simple as that.

I f you say so, you know more about your team :) .
Alexander
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:09 am

Alexander wrote:
MUTU wrote:I honestly think the level of play we showed against Bielefeld is more than enough to beat BVB.

Hmm, maybe I am overestimating Dortmund? I think they have huge potential on their day...

Maybe instead you are underestimating Bayern's performance against Bielefeld. Imagine Ortega didn't have the best performance of his career to date and instead had an average performance. We would have easily won 4-0 or more. Would you, then, have considered us to have played better just because the scoreline is higher? I don't think it's fair to base our players' performance based on whether or not a third party is making great saves.

Forget the scoreline. We kept it tight at the back and created chance upon chance against Bielefeld and were either unlucky (eg the crossbar by Gnabry) or else we were foiled by the keeper despite finishing well. It's not like we were shooting weakly at the keeper. In fact the only time we shot at him was when Davies tried to score between his legs but he did his best Manuel Neuer impression and went down quickly to block the shot with his knee.

If we play exactly like we played against Bielefeld, I don't expect such a great goalkeeping performance against us for the second consecutive match.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Alexander » Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:13 am

MUTU wrote:
Alexander wrote:

Maybe instead you are underestimating Bayern's performance against Bielefeld. Imagine Ortega didn't have the best performance of his career to date and instead had an average performance. We would have easily won 4-0 or more. Would you, then, have considered us to have played better just because the scoreline is higher? I don't think it's fair to base our players' performance based on whether or not a third party is making great saves.

Forget the scoreline. We kept it tight at the back and created chance upon chance against Bielefeld and were either unlucky (eg the crossbar by Gnabry) or else we were foiled by the keeper despite finishing well. It's not like we were shooting weakly at the keeper. In fact the only time we shot at him was when Davies tried to score between his legs but he did his best Manuel Neuer impression and went down quickly to block the shot with his knee.

If we play exactly like we played against Bielefeld, I don't expect such a great goalkeeping performance against us for the second consecutive match.

Perhaps it is my anxiety, shouldn`t be doing this because of the emotional rollercoaster it brings :D .
Alexander
I post all the time

Postby Ottomeister87 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:32 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
Ottomeister87 wrote:True..

I would play it Neuer, Davies, Lucas, Upa, Sule, Gore, Tolisso, Sane, Muller, Coman, Lewa.. And somewhere second half Gnabry and Musiala guaranteed playing time to keep BVB occupied. But make sure you keep that back 4 and not push up Davies all the time where he cant fall back in time if Dortmund counters.
Davies is never caught too up. There are no situations in which he doesn't recover. He can push up as much as he wants.

Well the thing is, he lacked a pretty bit of pace in the last couple of matches, the way it looked. His top speed vs Bielefeld was barely over 33km/h while his fastest was almost 36 something.

Yeah dont be so sure about that yet, since there is today or tomorrow some meeting were they are pushing for this to be halted. Government is not accepting this stuff for shutting a lot of things down, but almost full stadiums are okay.

ramsej84 wrote:To have more balance
I would go with Lucas as LB

Neuer

Pavard Sule Upa Lucas

Tolisso Goretzka

Coman Mueller Sane

Lewa

To have more BALANCE? With Pavard we could just start with 10 man from minute one. No fucking way i want to see that guy on the field tomorrow, unless its minute 89 and we are up 0-5 already. You know BVB has fast guys in the front of the field, what is Benji gonna do with his slow pace and out of position play. Sule/Upa was the supercup duo, but we need Lucas to do his PSG last year, game once again, so let Sulinho be RB.
Ottomeister87
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:09 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:Well the thing is, he lacked a pretty bit of pace in the last couple of matches, the way it looked. His top speed vs Bielefeld was barely over 33km/h while his fastest was almost 36 something.

A player's top speed is generally based on the amount of space he's allowed to run into. Bielefeld were very very compact so it's no surprise that Davies could not run anywhere close to his top speed. Davies set his personal top speed this season against Leizpig, which play a more open game than most other opponents and he could run at 36.08km/h.

By the way, the fastest Bundesliga player of all time (since they started collecting data in 2011) is Jeremiah St. Juste with 36.6km/h (set this season) while Davies is a close second with 36.5km/h (set in 2019/20).
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ottomeister87 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:01 pm

Yeah but i assume they track their speed running in defense as well? And they had actually a lot of space vs Bielefeld, but Coman and both Davies used it poorly or they gave complete shit crosses haha..
Ottomeister87
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:42 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:Yeah but i assume they track their speed running in defense as well? And they had actually a lot of space vs Bielefeld, but Coman and both Davies used it poorly or they gave complete shit crosses haha..

Yes they do but it's not like Bielefeld attacked much. Davies wasn't caught upfield much. In fact given we're now playing mostly with 3 at the back, he doesn't need to rush back as often as he would need with a back 4.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga