You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2020-05-26] Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue May 26, 2020 5:30 pm

Borussia Dortmund will win
25%
It will end in a draw
25%
Bayern Munich will win
50%

Total votes : 4

Re: [2020-05-26] Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich

Postby MUTU » Tue May 26, 2020 7:49 pm

tuscanybayern wrote:
MUTU wrote:https://twitter.com/BayernForumCom/status/1265347413688168448?s=19

too early to say

Bwahaha our lead at the end of the season will be in the 2 digits. Do you want to take a bet on this?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby DRvad14 » Tue May 26, 2020 8:09 pm

MUTU wrote:
sherpthederp wrote:Müller is absolutely exhausted during his post match interview, what a well deserved 3 points after such a workmanlike performance. Everything left on the pitch. Also his imitation of Davies as the roadrunner was class

Damn I missed the latter.

Can't see tweet? Click here!
DRvad14
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby #12 » Tue May 26, 2020 8:14 pm

DRvad14 wrote:
MUTU wrote:
sherpthederp wrote:Müller is absolutely exhausted during his post match interview, what a well deserved 3 points after such a workmanlike performance. Everything left on the pitch. Also his imitation of Davies as the roadrunner was class

I always forget they also do these in English...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Tue May 26, 2020 8:15 pm

#12 wrote:
DRvad14 wrote:
MUTU wrote:[quote="sherpthederp"]Müller is absolutely exhausted during his post match interview, what a well deserved 3 points after such a workmanlike performance. Everything left on the pitch. Also his imitation of Davies as the roadrunner was class

I always forget they also do these in English...[/quote]You also should offer Thomas some free English lessons ;)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Tue May 26, 2020 8:17 pm

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:
DRvad14 wrote:[quote="MUTU"][quote="sherpthederp"]Müller is absolutely exhausted during his post match interview, what a well deserved 3 points after such a workmanlike performance. Everything left on the pitch. Also his imitation of Davies as the roadrunner was class

I always forget they also do these in English...[/quote]You also should offer Thomas some free English lessons ;)[/quote]He‘s not doing extraordinarily well, but come on, he’s standing his ground...!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue May 26, 2020 8:52 pm

Man, I'm never going to forget the face of Sancho when Perisic sit down on the ground while tackling him and holding the ball for 2 seconds between his legs before passing it for 20m+ while still on the ground.
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Fénix » Tue May 26, 2020 8:55 pm

MUTU wrote:Haaland will never, ever score a goal against Bayern. You heard it here first (actually #12 heard it around half time)

What about "the post match mood tomorrow at this time"? :mrgreen:

Kimmich was simply awesome! He'll rock at Bayern, he already did as RB, but now at his favorite place is about to do the same.

Great match, routine victory but a very important one. First half we were better team 2nd half we stopped and BVB took initiative, but not good enough and in 2 chances they were unlucky as well as we with the Lewandowski's post.

7 points advantage, 6 matches left. We will make it and I can't wait to see clashes with B04 and BMG teams that defeated us even though we played better.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Lukas » Tue May 26, 2020 9:14 pm

Apparently Matthaus said on Sky Germany that he thinks Favre will leave and Kovac will come. Either trolling or it’s a really bad day for Dortmund :lol:
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue May 26, 2020 9:16 pm

In an intense 1-0 like this, I wouldn't be surprised if this was ultimately the difference. Guarantee you none of the Dortmund players, even Hummels and Götze, think like this.

Dumbledore7
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby aterford » Tue May 26, 2020 9:18 pm

Favre's post match interview did suggest that he is probably on the way out.

Paraphrasing but as I understood it he was asked about his perceived inability to win titles with Dortmund and his response was something like "I have heard you saying that for months. I know how to do it. I'll talk more in a few weeks. I am confident in myself" - it came off as though he was ready to move on IMO
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ben Gardner » Tue May 26, 2020 9:20 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I think that’s a bit harsh on your great performance today.

We had our opportunities and some good build ups, but were not able to convert them in to qualified chances. I think Neuer had pleasant evening on the job and never had to prove himself. I was hoping for a better performance and result, perhaps more to keep the distance to the teams behind than challenge Bayern. Now the spot for second place looks wide open.
Ben Gardner
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby aterford » Tue May 26, 2020 9:25 pm

tuscanybayern wrote:tomorrow the table could be:

1) Bayern - 64
2) Leipzig - 57
3) Dortmund - 57
4) Leverkusen - 56
5) Gladbach - 55

the race to the title is still open - we have to face Leverkusen and Gladbach and with Leipzig vs Dortmund, unless they draw we gain points only on one contestant

As it stands Leverkusen just got hammered by Wolfsburg and Gladbach took a draw with Bremen. So the table will instead be:

1) Bayern - 64
2) Dortmund - 57
3) RBL - 54 (game in hand)
4) Gladbach - 53
5) Leverkusen - 53

One step closer. Can even afford to lose vs Gladbach and Leverkusen at this point, depending on how our other matches go.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue May 26, 2020 10:47 pm

Ben Gardner wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:I think that’s a bit harsh on your great performance today.

We had our opportunities and some good build ups, but were not able to convert them in to qualified chances. I think Neuer had pleasant evening on the job and never had to prove himself. I was hoping for a better performance and result, perhaps more to keep the distance to the teams behind than challenge Bayern. Now the spot for second place looks wide open.

Neuer indeed wasn't challenged much, but the same can't be said for our defenders, especially in the first half. In the second half we just killed the game.

Ultimately the difference between 3 points and 1 point came down to a bit of luck, imo. That's not to say Bayern didn't deserve to win, but we had only one big chance I think. The goal itself hardly counts as a big chance.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Tue May 26, 2020 11:28 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Ben Gardner wrote:

Neuer indeed wasn't challenged much, but the same can't be said for our defenders, especially in the first half. In the second half we just killed the game.

Ultimately the difference between 3 points and 1 point came down to a bit of luck, imo. That's not to say Bayern didn't deserve to win, but we had only one big chance I think. The goal itself hardly counts as a big chance.
Yes... But Lewandowski hit the post and Goretzka had a good shot...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby cwbm » Tue May 26, 2020 11:31 pm

Way it started i thought we were going to get beat. No chance. Proper champions performance after those first few minutes. Enjoyed the fist pumping at the full-time whistle. Really happy.
cwbm
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga