You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-11-10] Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:30 pm

Borussia Dortmund will win
50%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
50%

Total votes : 6

Re: [2018-11-10] Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich

Postby Achilles » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:01 am

BVB is playing good and all that's sure but being only +4pts from this problematic Bayern? Man, we're terrible, really terrible.
MUTU is right BVB players are overperforming, I have seen some of their games and yes they were very lucky while at the moment I don't see them delivering any good football rather than winning games on the edge lately. However they're the favorites but we all know how fragile this club is when the pressure is high. Even if we draw they can crumble in the process let alone Bayern wins, they're dead in that case.

On the other hand you can trust Bayern at the moment. We're soft, lame, slow and predictable. Ruthness has gone away, we don't even look hungry, offensively the freshness is lost, no fire, no passion and the technicality offensively is at the lowest level possible considering the name we have in the stage. When a game is coming I don't feel anticipation
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:29 am

Achilles wrote:However they're the favorites

Not according to the bookmakers.

25 out of 25 bookmakers put us clear favourites to win this match. [source]
With PaddyPower, for example, if you bet €100 on a Bayern win, and Bayern win, you make a profit of €100. If instead you bet €100 on a BVB win, and BVB win, your profit is double that (€200). This means that PaddyPower think we have DOUBLE the chance of winning the match than BVB :coffee:

For the record, this is not my prediction. I'm not that confident, but I'm saying what the bookmakers, who are putting their money on the line, think.

odds.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Jorge » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:00 pm

MUTU wrote:
Jorge, if they were fast, unpredictable and functioning perfectly, what are they doing when their teammates supposedly put them through on goal? Pass back?

That will be imitating us :oops:
Seriously, it is not black and white like stats, in a game there is a lot of gray tones in between. They do play fast (that's a fact), they are less predictable than us (also a fact) and I never said the "functioning perfectly" part, but to answer the question not every attacking surge ends up in a shot on target or goal, which is what your stats are based on. Some of these offensive moves end up in shots off target, some get cancelled by defensive moves, fouls, sending the ball off. We are talking about two different things. I am talking about the intention not the metrics, at the end there is only one stat that matters: points and let's hope we are able to come with 3 out of that game.

As a side note: you are putting too much emphasis on what shots on goal mean. One example, a soft shot directed straight to the goal keeper that could look like a pass to the opponent counts as a shot on target, while a strong shot that just sails off the post of crossbar does not count in the stats that you are using, or counts the same as Alaba's latest shots to the moon.
Last edited by Jorge on Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby Jorge » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:00 pm

MUTU wrote:
Jorge, if they were fast, unpredictable and functioning perfectly, what are they doing when their teammates supposedly put them through on goal? Pass back?

That will be imitating us :oops: Seriously, it is not black and white like stats, in a game there is a lot of gray tones in between. They do play fast (that's a fact), they are less predictable than us (also a fact) and I never said the "functioning perfectly" part, but to answer the question not every attacking surge ends up on a shot on target or goal, which is what you stats are based on. Some of these offensive moves end up in shots off target, some get cancelled by defensive moves, fouls, sending the ball off. We are talking about two different things. I am talking about the intention not the metrics, at the end there is only one stat that matters: points and let's hope we are able to come with 3 out that game.

As a side note: you are putting too much emphasis on what shots on goal mean. One example, a soft shot directed straight to the goal keeper that could look like a pass to the opponent counts as a shot on target, while a strong shot that just sails off the post of crossbar does not count in the stats that you are using, or counts the same as Alaba's latest shots to the moon.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby #12 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:04 pm

Jorge wrote:
MUTU wrote:

That will be imitating us :oops: Seriously, it is not black and white like stats, in a game there is a lot of gray tones in between. They do play fast (that's a fact), they are less predictable than us (also a fact) and I never said the "functioning perfectly" part, but to answer the question not every attacking surge ends up on a shot on target or goal, which is what you stats are based on. Some of these offensive moves end up in shots off target, some get cancelled by defensive moves, fouls, sending the ball off. We are talking about two different things. I am talking about the intention not the metrics, at the end there is only one stat that matters: points and let's hope we are able to come with 3 out that game.

Winning?

Anything that’s less than a win by two goals for them would be a HUGE surprise...

Since we’re not gonna win anything anyway, maybe a high defeat would be the best thing... They’re not waking up if they get rewarded for another shitshow yet again - this goes for coach, staff, board and players all alike...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:01 am

IsiahRashad

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:05 am

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:10 am

Pack mas! Let's show them we're still the best team in Germany.

MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:01 pm

Achilles wrote:MUTU is right BVB players are overperforming, I have seen some of their games and yes they were very lucky while at the moment I don't see them delivering any good football rather than winning games on the edge lately. However they're the favorites but we all know how fragile this club is when the pressure is high. Even if we draw they can crumble in the process let alone Bayern wins, they're dead in that case.

If you ask me they've already been going back down to earth for a few games now. They ARE struggling.

That said, we have been playing so badly I have very little confidence. They're still extreme favourites in my opinion and they have shown they can play at a very top level. They certainly have the motivation to get back that form on Saturday.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:16 pm

Well, I was trying (and failing) to argue that BVB aren't having enough chances. Since then, they played Atletico, where they took 2 shots all match, both from outside the box, and both of them being off-target. In the meantime, albeit against a vastly inferior side (AEK Athens), and at home, we had 19 attempts (8 from inside the box) with 8 shots being on target. This on a match many of us criticized the team for being below par. So yes, I once again disagree with Uli. THEY are the underdogs. Just playing pretty football isn't enough to win. In order to score, you have to create chances, and you have to convert them. Miss either factor from the equation, and you're in a slump, unless you're lucky enough that your opponents score an own goal. And yesterday, our defence posed the only problem for Neuer... Neuer's only save would have been an own goal had it gone in.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:00 pm

#12 already has three posts in this page alone. He's the only sports supporter I know that would give himself an ulcer if his team wins or if they lose as well. :lol: :P
tflags

Postby #12 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:56 pm

MUTU wrote:Pack mas! Let's show them we're still the best team in Germany.

Even if we won that’d still ne nowhere near true ;)
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:58 pm

#12 wrote:

Of course YOU would think so. I'm talking about the general public.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:59 pm

tflags wrote:#12 already has three posts in this page alone. He's the only sports supporter I know that would give himself an ulcer if his team wins or if they lose as well. :lol: :P

Well 1.) I often post chronologically (look above )
and 2.) you might be right

I think it would be better for the long term development of the club if they landslided us... We need all of the public faces of this club gone... Each and everyone ASAP... And just about half of the players as well
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:00 pm

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:

Of course YOU would think so. I'm talking about the general public.

The general public can still read a table, judge form, and realize there’s at least two more teams right now we need to challenge for that spot...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga