You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-11-10] Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:30 pm

Borussia Dortmund will win
50%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Bayern Munich will win
50%

Total votes : 6

Re: [2018-11-10] Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich

Postby #12 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:55 pm

Whatezsuits you guys but I REALLY think we’re in no position to make fun of poayers of a team that’s playing a MUCH better season than us...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:06 am

Lukas wrote:Zaaaaagaaaadou dou dou when the ball comes to his feet
Zagadou dou dou Bayern's strikers have a treat
To the left to the right we can bring them to their knees
Then we'll dance every night to the oompah melody

Zaaaaaagaaadou dou dou...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Lukas » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:24 am

#12 wrote:Whatezsuits you guys but I REALLY think we’re in no position to make fun of poayers of a team that’s playing a MUCH better season than us...

Just a bit of fun. Heck if we can't have fun despite the situation we might as well get out the knife, pills, rope, walk to the nearest motorway or railway bridge or whatever method we want to choose right now.

I did try to think of positive lyrics for the guy. May be I'll think of something later :mrgreen:
Lukas
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby #12 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:29 am

No offense, just saying
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ed. » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:58 am

#12 wrote:
No... YOU started a project... That should pay off in a few years - but it is right away...

You got Sammer, while we lost him and threw other competent people out to get dumb idiots (Salihamidzic)... We are stuck with two morons as bosses and this shitwreck they left here for years to come while this should be when we usher in a golden age to make us competitive for the future as well... In the meantime we’re losing track... I agree, we will win Bundesliga again at some point... But we will never be remotely close to the level we were 2010-14...

This is part of the reason, why I don't have an inclination to post much anymore.
Everytime I think of saying something, #12 has already said it. :wink:
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:25 am

Ed. wrote:
#12 wrote:
No... YOU started a project... That should pay off in a few years - but it is right away...

You got Sammer, while we lost him and threw other competent people out to get dumb idiots (Salihamidzic)... We are stuck with two morons as bosses and this shitwreck they left here for years to come while this should be when we usher in a golden age to make us competitive for the future as well... In the meantime we’re losing track... I agree, we will win Bundesliga again at some point... But we will never be remotely close to the level we were 2010-14...

This is part of the reason, why I don't have an inclination to post much anymore.
Everytime I think of saying something negative, #12 has already said it. :wink:

Fixed your post.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Ed. » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:56 am

MUTU wrote:
Ed. wrote:
#12 wrote:

Everytime I think of saying something negative, #12 has already said it. :wink:

Fixed your post.

Fair enough, :|
In my mind, it's not negative at all. Based on recent events, the current situation & the fact that Karl & Uli will put a couple of unyielding stubborn donkeys to shame, Bayern not reaching the heights of 2013/14 again in the next 5 yrs is the most probable outcome.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:12 am

Ed. wrote:Fair enough, :|
In my mind, it's not negative at all. Based on recent events, the current situation & the fact that Karl & Uli will put a couple of unyielding stubborn donkeys to shame, Bayern not reaching the heights of 2013/14 again in the next 5 yrs is the most probable outcome.

Anything that paints us badly is negative, but doesn't necessarily mean unwarranted. Saying "the next 5 yrs" is negative, but highly realistic. Problem with #12 is that he says "never", implying he's arrogant enough to think he knows what will happen from now until the end of the world / end of the sport.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:27 am

#12 wrote:Whatezsuits you guys but I REALLY think we’re in no position to make fun of poayers of a team that’s playing a MUCH better season than us...

A season based on luck which will run out any match. Their strikers are overperforming big time.

Take their last 6 matches

On Saturday they had 1 shot on target, and won (not even Freiburg were that lucky because they drew 1-1 with 1 shot on target)
Against Union Berlin they had 8 shots on target in 120 minutes and scored 3 goals.
Against Hertha Berlin they had 4 shots on target and scored 2 goals.
Against Atletico Madrid they had 5 shots on target and scored 4 goals.
Against Stuttgart they had 4 shots on target and scored 4 goals.
Against Augsburg they had 7 shots on target and scored 4 goals

29 shots on target in 570 minutes (1 shot on target every 20 minutes) rendered 18 goals (62% of shots on target scored)

That's way too high! It's bound to go down not up. And in reality they're not creating too many chances. Therefore this form of theirs, as good as it is, doesn't seem realistic to remain consistent.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:37 am

... for comparison, if WE were to score 62% shots on target we would have scored (rounded to the closest integer):

4 goals vs Freiburg (instead of 1)
6 goals vs Roedinghausen (instead of 2)
2 goals vs Mainz (as actually happened)
4 goals vs Athens (instead of 2)
7 goals vs Wolfsburg (instead of 3. To note that we had 11 shots on target vs Wolfsburg compared to BVB's 1)
2 goals vs Gladbach (instead of 0)

You can talk all day about quality of chances, which IS a factor, but not the only factor for sure. Their strikers are just really in form and confident; they almost can't miss. But it's unrealistic to expect this kind of return until the end of the season. The amount of chances they're creating is well below the average for a Bundesliga champion.

I mean, when was the last time we only had 1 shot on target in 90 minutes (let alone managed to scrape a win from that!)?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:41 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot: I reallyreallyREALLY think we can win CL this year... Positive enough?

Even if we won 1 CL every 10 years it‘d still be embarrassing and yes, we'll NEVER get to that average...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:42 pm

MUTU wrote:

A season based on luck which will run out any match. Their strikers are overperforming big time.

Take their last 6 matches

On Saturday they had 1 shot on target, and won (not even Freiburg were that lucky because they drew 1-1 with 1 shot on target)
Against Union Berlin they had 8 shots on target in 120 minutes and scored 3 goals.
Against Hertha Berlin they had 4 shots on target and scored 2 goals.
Against Atletico Madrid they had 5 shots on target and scored 4 goals.
Against Stuttgart they had 4 shots on target and scored 4 goals.
Against Augsburg they had 7 shots on target and scored 4 goals

29 shots on target in 570 minutes (1 shot on target every 20 minutes) rendered 18 goals (62% of shots on target scored)

That's way too high! It's bound to go down not up. And in reality they're not creating too many chances. Therefore this form of theirs, as good as it is, doesn't seem realistic to remain consistent.

This coming from the guy who claims we were "better" against RM with Ancelotti
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

[2018-11-10] Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich

Postby #12 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:44 pm

MUTU wrote:... for comparison, if WE were to score 62% shots on target we would have scored (rounded to the closest integer):

7 goals vs Wolfsburg (instead of 3. To note that we had 11 shots on target vs Wolfsburg compared to BVB's 1)

You can talk all day about quality of chances, which IS a factor, but not the only factor for sure. Their strikers are just really in form and confident; they almost can't miss. But it's unrealistic to expect this kind of return until the end of the season. The amount of chances they're creating is well below the average for a Bundesliga champion.

I mean, when was the last time we only had 1 shot on target in 90 minutes (let alone managed to scrape a win from that!)?

Yeah keep telling yourself, then at least one person believes it...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Jorge » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:52 pm

MUTU wrote:... for comparison, if WE were to score 62% shots on target we would have scored (rounded to the closest integer):

The problem is, Football does not work like that. Shots on goal stats even when correctly represented by goals score do not mean much, except just another indicator of a trend. Same with possession. Many shots on goal that go into the numbers are just soft rolling balls straight to the keeper and there are goals that are not even shots on target, e.g. deflections.
You can support an argument with stats, but the argument can't be the stats. Results and overall appreciation have more weight on how football is played.
Dortmund's movement off the ball in attacking mode is top notch right now and the direct product of their results is that most of their offensive players are in top form. The fast pace moving patterns that they display makes them unpredictable and fun to watch. Our offensive line is slow and predictable, our players are completely out of shape and lack confidence, more and more each game.

Where Dortmund has problems is in the back line, that's where they have been lucky in Europe, but not much so in the Bundesliga. But, we also have problems in our backline, our defenders are completely out of shape, slow and low energy. In general we play an unwatchable brand of football, building slow from the back or sending long diagonal passes as the only alternative. All our lines look clueless and when much inferior teams make some adjustments throughout the game our team gets dismantled and looks terrible.

Football is unpredictable, on a given day any team can beat any team and in sports there is a saying that never underestimate a wounded player (team) but as right now I wouldn't bet anything Bayern's way.
Jorge
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby MUTU » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:28 am

Jorge wrote:

The problem is, Football does not work like that. Shots on goal stats even when correctly represented by goals score do not mean much, except just another indicator of a trend. Same with possession. Many shots on goal that go into the numbers are just soft rolling balls straight to the keeper and there are goals that are not even shots on target, e.g. deflections.
You can support an argument with stats, but the argument can't be the stats. Results and overall appreciation have more weight on how football is played.
Dortmund's movement off the ball in attacking mode is top notch right now and the direct product of their results is that most of their offensive players are in top form. The fast pace moving patterns that they display makes them unpredictable and fun to watch. Our offensive line is slow and predictable, our players are completely out of shape and lack confidence, more and more each game.

Where Dortmund has problems is in the back line, that's where they have been lucky in Europe, but not much so in the Bundesliga. But, we also have problems in our backline, our defenders are completely out of shape, slow and low energy. In general we play an unwatchable brand of football, building slow from the back or sending long diagonal passes as the only alternative. All our lines look clueless and when much inferior teams make some adjustments throughout the game our team gets dismantled and looks terrible.

Football is unpredictable, on a given day any team can beat any team and in sports there is a saying that never underestimate a wounded player (team) but as right now I wouldn't bet anything Bayern's way.

Jorge, if they were fast, unpredictable and functioning perfectly, what are they doing when their teammates supposedly put them through on goal? Pass back? You see, this ain't happening. They have 1 shot on target in total for their last 2 matches (they had 0 last night). You need to talk shots on target before you start talking amount of goals, unless you expect your opponents to score own goals. The amount of chances that they are creating is very low. Their current form is getting abysmal already, by the way. They haven't won a game convincingly since they took 5 shots at the Atletico goal and scored 4 of them. Struggled against two Berlin clubs in a row, scraped a win against Wolfsburg who we beat easily and now lost against Atletico.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga