You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[20-10-2007] Bochum -vs- Bayern

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

The result of the Bochum & Bayern match will be a...

A) Bayern win
86%
B) Draw
14%
C) Bochum win
No votes

Total votes : 7

[20-10-2007] Bochum -vs- Bayern

Postby tracylynn » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:52 pm

-vs-

Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tracylynn » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:38 pm

It looks like the tag team duo of Klose and Toni will be back in action for this game. :D
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Mirage » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:37 am

we'll be fine, 2-0
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Miss Dangerous » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:17 pm

Klose sat out the last two international games because of a knee injury - and Germany did not score. Although a 0-0 draw in Ireland on Saturday clinched Germany's place at next year's European Championship, a 3-0 defeat by the Czech Republic in Klose's home arena in Munich on Wednesday dampened the celebration and raised questions about the real strength of the three-time champion.

Bayern, at least, does not have to rely solely on Klose for goals. Luca Toni, another new arrival, has lived up to expectations.

He and Klose lead the Bundesliga with eight goals apiece and Bayern is five points clear of Karlsruher SC, the newly promoted surprise team so far in the season.

Going into the 10th round, the undefeated Bayern has 23 points, Karlsruhe has 18 and Werder Bremen and Hamburger SV follow with 17.

While Bayern travels to Bochum on Saturday, Karlsruhe has a home game Sunday against Arminia Bielefeld and could well stay in second place.

Werder hosts Hertha Berlin, Hamburg is at home to struggling defending champion VfB Stuttgart and Schalke visits Hansa Rostock, all on Saturday.

In addition to scoring eight goals - in seven games - Klose also has set up four. He re-injured his knee Sept. 29 in Leverkusen and has not played since.

Argentine newcomer Jose Sosa is also back from injury, but fellow midfielder Ze Roberto has been out with flu.

Bochum has not won in six games and has slipped to 14th.

The league break gave Bayern the chance to get some of its players healthy, but coach Ottmar Hitzfeld raised eyebrows by saying he could be interested in becoming coach of Switzerland after Euro 2008, which Switzerland is co-hosting with Austria.

Hitzfeld's contract runs out at the end of the season.

Bayern's powerful general manager Uli Hoeness said he saw no problem in Hitzfeld's words.

"I didn't detect in his statement that he doesn't have the desire anymore," Hoeness said, adding that the two will sit down during the winter break and discuss whether to extend Hitzfeld's contract.

The 10th round kicks off Friday with winless Energie Cottbus hosting Duisburg. Duisburg signed Brazilian defender Roque Junior during the break, but the former Brazil international is not expected to make an immediate return to the Bundesliga after missing a year with Achilles' tendon problems. He last played for Bayer Leverkusen.

On Saturday, Leverkusen hosts Borussia Dortmund and FC Nuremberg plays Eintracht Frankfurt.

On Sunday, Hannover 96 hosts VfL Wolfsburg.
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:08 am

Klose will be back for this game but Martin is out because he had suffered a back injury while on international duty with Argentina. Van Buyten will start in his place.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby tracylynn » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:43 pm

Bochum just scored. Rats!! :evil:
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby tracylynn » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:46 pm

I guess Martin is starting so I guess his back is just fine. Geez! I wish sites would stop reporting things like that.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby tracylynn » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:11 pm

Goal from Ribery with an assist by Klose.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby tracylynn » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:12 pm

Goal from Bastian. Again with an assist from Ribery.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby tracylynn » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:26 pm

Final: Bochum 1 - 2 Bayern. Image
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby tracylynn » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:38 pm

Ribery was clearly the man of the match. Though Bayern fell behind at first they kept their composure and got the win. Under Magath I don't know if they would've played that way, but under Hitzfeld they are a totally different team with a different mentality.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Mirage » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:40 pm

well done Tracy for keeping the thread alive :) and go Bayern. I thought we'd walk it, I was wrong.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:13 pm

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Return to Bundesliga