You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-09-20] Bayern Munich vs Werder Bremen

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:55 pm

Bayern Munich will win
88%
It will end in a draw
13%
Werder Bremen will win
No votes

Total votes : 16

[2008-09-20] Bayern Munich vs Werder Bremen

Postby MUTU » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:55 pm

Bayern will be up at home against rivals Bremen. Bremen will have an extra day of rest because they played their CL match on Tuesday whereas Bayern will be playing tonight (Wednesday). I'm waiting to see the outcome of the match against Steaua before giving my thoughts on this one.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: [2008-09-20] Bayern Munich vs Werder Bremen

Postby Guard Dog » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:22 pm

I'll wait to see who is fit and the starting XI.

Koln was a walk in the park and so it should have been - this is different.
Jeremy Clarkson on the CCX: Koenigsegg say this is more comfortable but ... more comfortable than what? Being stabbed?

Proud New Worshipper of Die Bayern!
Guard Dog
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:45 pm

The good thing about this match is that Ribery should be back!
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:03 am

France star Franck Ribery is set to make his comeback after injury as Bayern Munich take on Werder Bremen on Saturday in a clash between last season's Bundesliga champions and runners-up. Title-holders Bayern go into a match at the Allianz Arena which coincides with the start of the annual Oktoberfest beer festival and follows a 1-0 win Wednesday at Steaua Bucharest in the Champions League.

Meanwhile Werder, who have been a top-three finisher for four successive seasons since winning the 2003/2004 title, have to shrug off the disappointment of a goalless home draw against Anorthosis Famagusta in the competition on Tuesday.

Midfielder Ribery did not make the trip to Bucharest but could make an appearance at some stage against Bremen in what would be his first match since ankle surgery following Euro 2008.

"I have worked hard to get fit. I don't know whether I will be playing from the start but I am in the squad," Ribery told Munich's tz daily.

There was a question mark, however, over Miroslav Klose against his former club after the Germany striker came off in Bucharest with a thigh injury.

It could provide an opportunity for Lukas Podolski to stake a claim after the striker came off the bench to score Bayern's third goal last Saturday in the 3-0 win at his former club Cologne.

Coach Juergen Klinsmann this week declared all discussion on a possible Podolski move to Cologne as over, saying the striker would have to fight for his place in the Bayern side but was behind Luca Toni and Klose in the pecking order.

"He's at a club which demands a lot of him. And he's still developing, like Bastian Schweinsteiger or Philipp Lahm," Klinsmann said.

"But Lukas will battle through. He'll learn and grow with every day, every month and every year."

Bayern, on eight points, could leapfrog SV Hamburg - on 10 points and playing Sunday - at the top of the league if they beat Bremen, who are midtable on five points.

The match could see a return to his former club for Bremen striker Claudio Pizarro. The Peru international, who has joined Bremen on loan from Chelsea, missed a number of chances in the disappointing draw against Anorthosis.

It was team performance that left sports director Klaus Allofs clearly unhappy and calling for an improvement in Munich.

"We don't have to point out the importance of a match against Bayern to any of the players. Every one of them will motivated," he said.

"The match in the Allianz Arena is the best opportunity to put things straight. So far we have dropped a few points this season, especially in (losing 3-2 in) Gladbach. But we know from the past that you can soon catch up at the beginning of the season."
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby shwas55 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:31 pm

great news about ribery. I cant wait for the kick off it should be a great match.

if i was klinsi I would stick with the same formation from the cl match with Borowski replacing VB, and ribery replacing?????? not really sure the midfield has been good for the last few matches (except the 2nd half of the CL match).
I like how klinsi is giving podolski some good time on the pitch.
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:04 pm

Finally our French wizard is back ! :D
I dont think he's gonna be in the starting XI though , he'll probably enter the match as a substitute in the second half .
I'm also hoping to see Oddo in the starting formation in this match , honestly I've had enough of Lell and his awful crosses from the right .
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBinNYC » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:26 pm

Agreed on Lell, his crossing is horrible. He seems to be ok on the rest of his game, but he really needs to work on this if he wants to start. With Luca up front we need someone who can put the ball on his forehead every time. If only Willy was still fit and able...I always thought he was one of the best crossers in the world when he was in form.

I can't wait to see Franck back! Watching Ronaldo coming on for United last night and the difference he made, we're in the same situation sort of. NOW the season really starts.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Jorge » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:58 pm

This game will be highly entertaining, the historic rivalry, Klose and Borowski playing for Bayern now (although neither one might be starter), Ribery coming back (I am sure he does not have for 90 minutes but he can start the first 45 or enter as a sub for the last 25+, also the return of Claudio Pizarro to Allianz Arena, but now playing against Bayern= intriguing.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:36 pm

Yeah, what happened to Sangol. It's been long time since we heard any news about him. It seems he is following on the footsteps of Ismael. Hope Borowski or Ottl starts instead of VB
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:43 am

mackoy wrote:Yeah, what happened to Sangol. It's been long time since we heard any news about him.

He's still out injured with an Achilles heel injury.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:17 pm

Now that it seems that Klinsmann is favouring a 3-5-2 formation, it will be interesting to see where Ribery will fit in. He would have to assume a more central role alongside Lahm.

Wow... Lahm and Ribery on the left will be the terror of all right backs :)
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:21 pm

Claudio Pizarro claims Werder Bremen are "not scared" of Bayern Munich as Germany's two Champions League participants prepare to lock horns on Saturday.

The match will be a special one for striker Pizarro, who spent five years with Bayern during which time he won the German double on three occasions.

Pizarro is currently in his second spell with Werder, after agreeing a season-long loan deal from Chelsea.

But they have so far struggled this season winning just once in the Bundesliga - a 3-0 win against Energie Cottbus last weekend - before being held to a home goalless draw in their Champions League opener against Anorthosis Famagusta on Tuesday night.

"Even though things have not been going so well in the last matches, we are as strong as Bayern," Pizarro said.

"We are not scared at all. We now have the chance to do things better."

Werder were guilty of missing a number of chances against Anorthosis, with Pizarro one of the main culprits prompting speculation the Peruvian would be relegated to the substitutes' bench for the game against his former club.

"I have spoken to coach Thomas Schaaf and I think I will be playing (against Munich)," Pizarro said.

Bayern Munich striker Miroslav Klose picked up a thigh injury in the win over Steaua Bucharest and is doubtful, while Franck Ribery's return from a three-month injury break was postponed after he suffered a thigh strain in training which leaves him sidelined for three to five days.

Apart from that, it has been all smiles in Munich after the successful Champions League start.

"We are fortunate that (coach Jurgen) Klinsmann has left his golden America and now helps Bayern Munich," president Franz Beckenbauer said.

"His changes have been very impressive."

Willy Sagnol (Achilles) and Hamit Altintop (foot) are missing for the hosts.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:27 pm

Frenchman Ribery has benn sidelined for the last three months following an ankle injury and was expected to be back to face Werder on Saturday.

But a thigh pain will prevent the winger from making his top flight return, to his regret.

“I feel pain on my right thigh,” he told L’Equipe. “It means I’m out of the game against Werder Bremen this weekend.

“I’m very upset because I worked well this week and expected to play my part against Bremen.”

The France international could finally return to action on September 30 in the Champions League clash with Lyon.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby fadi_alianz » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:22 pm

thx and i am sure that bayern minchen will win the match
fadi_alianz
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby walter » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:25 pm

Mutu, your Borat picture is the face of this forum...hope you get it back eventually...

Oh, right, the Bremen game. Both team are gonna come with the "something to prove" attitude to the game. Especially, Bremen, after such a poor performance in CL. It is gonna be interesting to see Bayern approach to a team that is not just going to sit back and defend. Pizarro's movement in the box has been good, but his finishing has been terrible, lets hope that stays that way tomorrow.
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

Next

Return to Bundesliga