You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2020-12-16] Bayern Munich vs VfL Wolfsburg

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
75%
It will end in a draw
25%
VfL Wolfsburg will win
No votes

Total votes : 4

Re: [2020-12-16] Bayern Munich vs VfL Wolfsburg

Postby nm462272 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:56 pm

Roca coming...
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby #12 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:57 pm

aterford wrote:You're dodging the questions with generic non-answers.

Give it to us straight.

Which matches have you seen from Liverpool and/or this year that lead you to believe they're clearly better than us?
What do you feel that they do better than us and/or that we do worse than them? "I don't see them concede after 3 minutes" is a non-answer; you haven't seen us do that, either, and the particular timing of a given goal isn't indicative of a team's play on the whole. Who are the "much better teams" they're facing that clearly make their accomplishments more noteworthy? Is that why we performed appreciably better in the group stages than both of them? (On that matter, neither of their leagues are performing better in Europe right now than ours, either, but I guess that doesn't mean anything...)

Like I said, there's plenty of things to criticize, but be specific and meaningful with them, this just feels like random talking points that don't really hold up to much scrutiny at all.
Well, what do you want to hear? Of course this carries personal perception and yes, if I make a claim, I generally am the one who has to deliver proof... Thing is: the original claim was not mine...

I have mainly seen them in the CL and while we did look slightly better there, groups are hard to compare and as long as you finish first, meaningless...

German teams doing better COULD mean something, but it should be consistently and sustainable in order to be recognized by me... But hey if Leipzig eliminate Pool, I take it all back
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:57 pm

vtotheinay wrote:
#12 wrote:
aterford wrote:Better look again, Spurs must've just had a lucky equalizer against in what was their only chance after your post...

Are you watching that match, too? Or just checking the scorelines?
Obviously, not watching both, but switching a few times... Obviously saw much less of it... Still Tottenham is better than Wolfsburg, Union and Bremen combined...

Tottenham has struggled in Europa league against complete garbage teams even when they play their A team. Once again like others said, are you even watching these teams play? My brother is a spurs fan and even he thinks they aren't a top class team yet, but everyone in their league is fatigued and playing poorly.
Are Leverkusen?
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:58 pm

aterford wrote:
#12 wrote:
aterford wrote:Better look again, Spurs must've just had a lucky equalizer against in what was their only chance after your post...

Are you watching that match, too? Or just checking the scorelines?
Obviously, not watching both, but switching a few times... Obviously saw much less of it... Still Tottenham is better than Wolfsburg, Union and Bremen combined...

And now we're up 2:1 and Liverpool are drawing Spurs.
It's almost like watching 40 minutes of one team's match and 5 minutes of another's isn't enough to make any sweeping statements about the state of either team.
Yup... Still playing badly though...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:00 pm

Roca coming in, but Tolisso going out... Flick literally does not intend to have more than one midfielder on the field it seems.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:00 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Roca coming in, but Tolisso going out... Flick literally does not intend to have more than one midfielder in the field it seems.

Well, ONE midfield would be enough, having NONE is the problem
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:02 pm

#12 wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:Roca coming in, but Tolisso going out... Flick literally does not intend to have more than one midfielder in the field it seems.

Well, ONE midfield would be enough, having NONE is the problem
Too late, I had already edited it. Hahaha

PunkCapitalist

Postby MUTU » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:08 pm

Suele at RB is an accident waiting to happen. That's no place for a bulky player.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:15 pm

MUTU wrote:Suele at RB is an accident waiting to happen. That's no place for a bulky player.
Süle everywhere is an accident waiting to happen
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:21 pm

The four deadline purchases of the summer are so far an utter failure. Sané is taking some time to settle in, but I've got faith.

PunkCapitalist

Postby aterford » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:23 pm

TBH I honestly thought Sule was surprisingly good at RB today, but he is an absolute battering ram, it's pretty odd to watch him out there....

Coman MOTM for me.
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford

Postby nm462272 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:24 pm

aterford wrote:TBH I honestly thought Sule was surprisingly good at RB today, but he is an absolute battering ram, it's pretty odd to watch him out there....

Coman MOTM for me.

Agreed. With a bit of practice I think he could do well as RB.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Pittbay » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:25 pm

Huge win. Lewandowski was clinical and key in holding possession late in the match. Coman was inspirational as well.
Pittbay
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby barronjohn » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:26 pm

finally, i can breath a sigh of relief!
barronjohn
Getting the hang of it

Postby MUTU » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:27 pm

aterford wrote:TBH I honestly thought Sule was surprisingly good at RB today, but he is an absolute battering ram, it's pretty odd to watch him out there....

Coman MOTM for me.

Yes he did well but that didn't stop me shitting my pants every time a player with a low centre of gravity took him on one-on-one vying to attack diagonally.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga