You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2020-12-16] Bayern Munich vs VfL Wolfsburg

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
75%
It will end in a draw
25%
VfL Wolfsburg will win
No votes

Total votes : 4

Re: [2020-12-16] Bayern Munich vs VfL Wolfsburg

Postby Awax » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:36 pm

#12 wrote:The Liverpool that lead against Tottenham

Refresh your page :lol:
Awax
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:36 pm

aterford wrote:
#12 wrote:
aterford wrote:
Name them and why, go on.
Liverpool and RM, both in better leagues and closer to the leaders...

A lot of others don’t nearly play as shit as we do...

Liverpool, who have earned exactly the same points per match, concede more goals per match, score less per match, who literally JUST drew 17th placed Fulham and 16th-placed Brighton two weeks before that? The one who was appreciably worse in the UCL last year and in this year's group stages? That Liverpool?

Or the Real Madrid who are...in the same position as us, same points/match earned, who got ran off the pitch twice vs Shakhtar and losing to Alaves and Cadiz? Is that the one you're referring to?

I mean...no offense, but have you watched these teams this year? We have plenty of problems, I won't deny that, but the idea that other top clubs are performing much better or that we're falling behind others...it's just unfounded, and it feels like you just picked two "big" clubs out of a hat, glanced at the table and decided they're better than us.....There are plenty of things to criticize right now but this one feels particularly flimsy.

Like I said, I don't mean to offend, but to claim that "they're doing much better," I just honestly can't believe you've watched enough of either team to reasonably make that call. I mean, maybe I'm wrong. Which matches have you seen from Liverpool and Madrid that have convinced you they're "much better" than we are? What are they doing better, what are we doing worse? What do you feel their strengths are? Should be pretty easy to come up with a few reasons if you've been watching them and they're so clearly better.
Again, they play in MUCH better leagues against better teams... And I do not see them always concede after 3 minutes... They (Liverpool) look more coherent and clearly have at least as many injuries as we do...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:38 pm

aterford wrote:Better look again, Spurs must've just had a lucky equalizer against in what was their only chance after your post...

Are you watching that match, too? Or just checking the scorelines?
Obviously, not watching both, but switching a few times... Obviously saw much less of it... Still Tottenham is better than Wolfsburg, Union and Bremen combined...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:39 pm

Torrrrrrrr
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:39 pm

Fack Lewandowski is invincible.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:41 pm

And that is not a foul by Mbaboo
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:41 pm

You're dodging the questions with generic non-answers.

Give it to us straight.

Which matches have you seen from Liverpool and/or this year that lead you to believe they're clearly better than us?
What do you feel that they do better than us and/or that we do worse than them? "I don't see them concede after 3 minutes" is a non-answer; you haven't seen us do that, either, and the particular timing of a given goal isn't indicative of a team's play on the whole. Who are the "much better teams" they're facing that clearly make their accomplishments more noteworthy? Is that why we performed appreciably better in the group stages than both of them? (On that matter, neither of their leagues are performing better in Europe right now than ours, either, but I guess that doesn't mean anything...)

Like I said, there's plenty of things to criticize, but be specific and meaningful with them, this just feels like random talking points that don't really hold up to much scrutiny at all.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby vtotheinay » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:42 pm

#12 wrote:
aterford wrote:Better look again, Spurs must've just had a lucky equalizer against in what was their only chance after your post...

Obviously, not watching both, but switching a few times... Obviously saw much less of it... Still Tottenham is better than Wolfsburg, Union and Bremen combined...

Tottenham has struggled in Europa league against complete garbage teams even when they play their A team. Once again like others said, are you even watching these teams play? My brother is a spurs fan and even he thinks they aren't a top class team yet, but everyone in their league is fatigued and playing poorly.
vtotheinay
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby aterford » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:44 pm

#12 wrote:

And now we're up 2:1 and Liverpool are drawing Spurs.
It's almost like watching 40 minutes of one team's match and 5 minutes of another's isn't enough to make any sweeping statements about the state of either team.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford

Postby zozon » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:46 pm

Coman's crosses went from blind to GPS precision.
zozon
I'm a post king!

Postby aterford » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:47 pm

zozon wrote:Coman's crosses went from blind to GPS precision.

Best part is how a year ago it seemed like Sane and Gnabry would be our starting winger pairing with Coman the odd man out and now he's arguably first in the pecking order, hahaha
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:48 pm

vtotheinay wrote:
#12 wrote:

Tottenham has struggled in Europa league against complete garbage teams even when they play their A team. Once again like others said, are you even watching these teams play? My brother is a spurs fan and even he thinks they aren't a top class team yet, but everyone in their league is fatigued and playing poorly.
Hahaha my Madridista friends literally HATE Zidane. The only reason they haven't sacked him yet is because he is Zinedine Zidane hahaha...

Yeah, no big team seems to be having a good season so far.

PunkCapitalist

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:49 pm

aterford wrote:
zozon wrote:Coman's crosses went from blind to GPS precision.

Best part is how a year ago it seemed like Sane and Gnabry would be our starting winger pairing with Coman the odd man out and now he's arguably first in the pecking order, hahaha
I still believe it will eventually be that way...

PunkCapitalist

Postby aterford » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:51 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
vtotheinay wrote:Tottenham has struggled in Europa league against complete garbage teams even when they play their A team. Once again like others said, are you even watching these teams play? My brother is a spurs fan and even he thinks they aren't a top class team yet, but everyone in their league is fatigued and playing poorly.
Hahaha my Madridista friends literally HATE Zidane. The only reason they haven't sacked him yet is because he is Zinedine Zidane hahaha...

This, literally every Madridista I know would HAPPILY swap situations with us right now, and it's not even close for them. Like I've said a couple of times, there are plenty of legitimate criticisms to level at us right now, but none of the traditional big clubs are playing particularly great football at the moment, and it's hard to honestly come away saying that one (or more) are head and shoulders above the others based on what we've been shown on the pitch.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:56 pm

aterford wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:
vtotheinay wrote:Tottenham has struggled in Europa league against complete garbage teams even when they play their A team. Once again like others said, are you even watching these teams play? My brother is a spurs fan and even he thinks they aren't a top class team yet, but everyone in their league is fatigued and playing poorly.

This, literally every Madridista I know would HAPPILY swap situations with us right now, and it's not even close for them. Like I've said a couple of times, there are plenty of legitimate criticisms to level at us right now, but none of the traditional big clubs are playing particularly great football at the moment, and it's hard to honestly come away saying that one (or more) are head and shoulders above the others based on what we've been shown on the pitch.
Also, Juventus tied today and PENALDO missed a penalty xD

PunkCapitalist

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga