You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-10-25] Bayern Munich vs VfL Wolfsburg

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

The result will be:

Poll ended at Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:35 pm

Bayern on the march!
91%
Another crappy draw!
9%
Magath's revenge!
No votes

Total votes : 11

[2008-10-25] Bayern Munich vs VfL Wolfsburg

Postby FCBinNYC » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:35 pm

Free-spending Magath returns to the Allianz this Saturday for another showdown. Wolfsburg are currently 6 places ahead of us, however are also only 1 point better. So this is kind of a big deal. A win is a big step in the right direction. I don't want to think about the ramifications of losing this game. Lahm is out, is Toni still doubtful with the ribs? I know he played on Tuesday, but he said he was hurting. As long as Klose holds it down we'll be fine, I hope!
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Bayern v Wolfsburg

Postby thulkazal » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:09 pm

----------------rensing-------------------
-oddo----lucio------demich-----breno--
--------------------------------------------
---------------bommel--------------------
--------------ze roberto------------------
bastian---------------------------ribery-
-----------klose-------podolski----------

i just hope bommel can keep up with wolfsurg middle's,if he make it then we will win but thou i belive more he will blow it and it will be critical for us
thulkazal
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby shwas55 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:16 am

Im thinking Klinsi might try to play 3-5-2 with lahm injured

Demi................Lucio..................DVB/Breno

................Ottl.........MVB............

Shweini...............Ze.......................Ribery

Klose..........Poldi

Or Play Ze as a second DM, and try Poldi as AM in 4-5-1 formation.
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: [2008-10-25] Bayern Munich vs VfL Wolfsburg

Postby MUTU » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:49 am

We will be missing the services of Lahm, Sagnol, Altintop and Toni for this match.

It will be either 3-5-2 again or 4-4-2 with either Lell or Ze Roberto stepping in at LB.
Probably management is now scratching their heads wondering why'd they allow Jansen to leave.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby walter » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:06 pm

I think it will be 4-4-2 with Lell stepping in for Lahm. Toni is supposedly gonna be out for at least 2 games, so lets see what Poldi can do with this opportunity.
I'm a little worried about this game because of Magath...
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby MrLinky » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:28 pm

thulkazal wrote:----------------rensing-------------------
-oddo----lucio------demich-----breno--
--------------------------------------------

Breno might be an option for RB - he played that position before in the Brazilian league - but he's totally out of place as LB.
As for the match , I think its gonna be a tough one , Wolfsburg have been doing very good lately and they're definitely not coming to
the Allianz-Arena to get a draw , they will be going for the 3 points , and the defense will have to be very careful.
However , since our form has been going up in the last 2 games I'm gonna be optimistic and predict a 1-0 win at home.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby MrLinky » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:57 pm

Buoyant Bayern hunt Wolfburg
Bayern Munich attempt to prove their win over Fiorentina in the Champions League was no fluke when they take on Wolfsburg this weekend while surprise package Hoffenheim aim to down leaders Hamburg.
Defending champions Bayern picked up their first win in four league games last Saturday when they poached a late 1-0 win at Karlsruhe before beating Fiorentina 3-0 at Munich's Allianz Arena on Tuesday.

But captain Mark van Bommel says the team now need three more points against Wolfsburg in Munich on Saturday to improve on their lowly position of 11th in the Bundesliga.

"We are playing again like we did last year," said van Bommel.

"Everyone knows what he has to do and the spirit has raised in the team."

Defeats to both Werder Bremen and Hanover in September had seen Bayern slide down the table and coach Jurgen Klinsmann came under fire.

But Wolfsburg - coached by former Bayern boss Felix Magath - will not make life easy as they are fifth in the table.

"We must try to beat Wolfsburg, but it will not be an easy game for us," said Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge.

"Wolfsburg have improved dramatically in the last year and invested heavily, they are a team to be taken seriously."

Bayern will be without defender Philipp Lahm who is in a plaster cast after damaging his ankle against Fiorentina.

While Wolfsburg will be missing Italy World Cup winner Cristian Zaccardo who also has an ankle injury, but his Azzurri team-mate Andrea Barzagli should be fit to play in the defence.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby thulkazal » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:40 pm

well i always saw him on left side as DC i know it is big diffrence but again i would like to see him playing instead of lell
thulkazal
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MrLinky » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:59 am

The probable line-up's :

Bayern : Rensing - Oddo , Lucio , Demichelis , Lell - Van Bommel , Ze , Schweini , Ribery - Podolski , Klose.

Wolfsburg : Benaglio - Riether , Barzagli , Madlung , Schafer - Josue , Hasebe - Dejagah , Misimovic , Gentner - Dzeko (Grafite).
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby Nazar » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:51 pm

ribery needs to work on his distribution and finishing. After he gets into good positions he sometimes fails to provide the killer pass.
Nazar
Getting the hang of it

Postby Nazar » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:10 pm

it is very telling that we dont have the quality to dominate wolfsburg and create more chances than we have created so far. There are many misplaced passes and overhit passes.
Oddo does not seem to be class, and certainly Lell is not. Lell MUST be sold. Lucio and demicheles seem to be very, very average. Where was lucio for the second goal, and we were exposed time and again before the penalty.
Podolski seems ineffectual and schweinsteiger is simply not incisive enough. He CANNOT dirbble like a proper winger.
Another season in the uefa cup anyone (if that)??!!
Nazar
Getting the hang of it

Postby Hawkeye » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:20 pm

WHAT A COMEBACK!!!
Hawkeye
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby walter » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:37 pm

Eat your words Nazar!!!! hahahaah

I only got to watch the last 20 minutes. Can anyone tell me who played well and who sucked?

MVB looked good in those 20 minutes I got to watch and considering he scored a goal, this probably is his best game this season so far (???). I hope he can keep up improving.
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby MrLinky » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:41 pm

First of all it was a great comeback , they pulled themselves together and turned it around. :)
Basically the continuing of the Fiorentina match , only difference this time was that the opponent actually took advantage of their chances.
Ribery back to his best , and what we also learned is that Ze should play as LB and Borowski should join MVB in CDM , the first half
showed that Lell is out of place as LB , and the second half showed that Ze is too offensive for that that position but he can work
on that in the coming weeks , since our manager decided to sell Jansen and get a RB as a replacement for him leaving us with only one proper LB.
We're 4th. =D>
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby shwas55 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:56 pm

Bad first half, Good second half.

We really struggled to create chances in the first half and we were luck not concede in the 15th min mark and right before the penalty.
The second half was much better, the movement the passing improved significantly, Borowski was a very good sub and really helped the comeback.

The Good:
The team showed great fighting spirit to come back from 2 goals down
In the second half we showed the type of attacking football we can play
Finally a string of wins that will help in getting the confidence back.
Rensing had a good night

The Bad:
Beside the usual DM problems and Oddo's awful crosses
Lucio had a shocker of a game, his tackles were late, positioning was bad, it just wasnt his night.
Lell did an ok job but he lost the ball alot

This win is a step on the right track but i hope it doesnt make the board blind about the weaknesses we have in the team and stop them from fixing the problems in the winter.
shwas55
I post all the time

Next

Return to Bundesliga