You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2019-01-27] Bayern Munich vs VfB Stuttgart

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
VfB Stuttgart will win
No votes

Total votes : 2

Re: [2019-01-27] Bayern Munich vs VfB Stuttgart

Postby Fénix » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:51 pm

sherpthederp wrote:Our problem in a nutshell. He’s not a terrible manager, just not good enough to succeed here

Of course he is not a terrible manager, but he isn't a great manager, either. Just as our team hasn't been a super great team for the last 3-5 years.

I understand all frustrations for the last 6 months, but people still think this season is something like 2011/2012 season, which definitely isn't.
Neither are BVB currently a team like back then nor we are the team we were back then.

The whole thing went completely wrong with Rummengge's thought in early 2015 that Guardiola will extend for another 2-3 years. We didn't think about anything beside extending the deal with the Catalan who couldn't spend 300-400 million euros in 2 summer transfer windows at Bayern.
Once he announced his decision to leave in December 2015 and move to City after 15/16 season, Rummenigge was still cold as winter, the reaction was absolute zero like nothing is going on and Bayern had already failed to fulfill the Catalan's wishes in terms of De Bruyne and Sané.

Ancelotti was a bad choice from the beginning, but he survived the season and only won 1 trophy. Now Kovač is a replay 2 years later in even far worse scenario. You just can't give such coaches teams that have past their glory days and can't do anything better than previous 6-7 years. You can't give to Tuchel, Klopp and Guardiola, either.

Even 'almighty' Jupp couldn't win Pokal last season. But hey, our board knows what is doing. That's why they forgot to sell/release 6 of our current players in the last 2 summers, replace them all with the new ones and even buy further 4-5 players to increase squad depth. :)
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:22 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:[quote="ramsej84"][quote="Lahmies"]another ugly victory that will get some people to feel undeservedly vindicated and kovac to ignore our weak spots and mistakes because hey! we won! we fought real good! :roll:
Madonna Madonna Madonna...
We won 4-1....

What do you want to be happy?
I could have asked you exactly the same thing back when Guardiola was in charge and almost every BuLi game ended at 4-0 in our favor, with the regular 7-0 and 8-0s.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
I never wished that we lose... never enough said[/quote]Well, I'm thinking mid term. I agree with what people are saying, we have a catch 22: Kovac is good enough to not get sacked but not good enough to make something special. Because of that, we're losing one of our most valuable players as Kovac doesn't know how to deal with him or whatever. I'd rather some short-term pain to save us from mid-term mediocrity. C'est tout.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk[/quote]We agree that we don't agree...

Let me the devil's advocate, can it be that #11 is still not fully fit?
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:35 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Let me the devil's advocate, can it be that #11 is still not fully fit?

So you admit that Kovac is the devil? :mrgreen:
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:41 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Let me the devil's advocate, can it be that #11 is still not fully fit?

So you admit that Kovac is the devil? :mrgreen:

For some he is...
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:54 pm

I didn't watch the match and just saw replays of all 5 goals and saw the match statistics. It looks like we won the match deservedly, but of course we entitled fans want everything our way... the starting XI we want, the subs we want at the time we want, the coach fired at half time, scoring 25 goals and not allowing them to pass the halfway line once. And even then we'd probably complain about the post-match comments.

We won 4-1 and it seems like ramsej84 is the only one who's happy.

I know, I know. I didn't watch the match. But seriously... I wonder what a hellhole this forum would be if we had deservedly lost 4-1 instead... we'd probably want half the squad sold.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:11 pm

MUTU wrote:I didn't watch the match and just saw replays of all 5 goals and saw the match statistics. It looks like we won the match deservedly, but of course we entitled fans want everything our way... the starting XI we want, the subs we want at the time we want, the coach fired at half time, scoring 25 goals and not allowing them to pass the halfway line once. And even then we'd probably complain about the post-match comments.

I know, I know. I didn't watch the match. But seriously... I wonder what a hellhole this forum would be if we had deservedly lost 4-1 instead... we'd probably want half the squad sold.
Well... At the begining of the season everyone wanted 3/4 of the squad sold... Or executed.

Anyway, honestly, what bothers me the most is how we're losing James for no reason. That and it's also pretty clear that Kovac has no new ideas... He's just continuing the same attacking patterns from the Carlo and Heynckes seasons. Some improvement in corners sure, probably due to personnel change.

PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:21 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
MUTU wrote:I didn't watch the match and just saw replays of all 5 goals and saw the match statistics. It looks like we won the match deservedly, but of course we entitled fans want everything our way... the starting XI we want, the subs we want at the time we want, the coach fired at half time, scoring 25 goals and not allowing them to pass the halfway line once. And even then we'd probably complain about the post-match comments.

Well... At the begining of the season everyone wanted 3/4 of the squad sold... Or executed.

Anyway, honestly, what bothers me the most is how we're losing James for no reason. That and it's also pretty clear that Kovac has no new ideas... He's just continuing the same attacking patterns from the Carlo and Heynckes seasons. Some improvement in corners sure, probably due to personnel change.

Imagine this scenario... James started instead of Martinez (obviously not the same position but playing as a #10)... first half ended 1-1, James is playing badly, he gets subbed off and Bayern score 3 goals in the 2nd half while conceding none. Are we saying that Bayern fans would have been happy in this case?
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:22 pm

MUTU wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:

Imagine this scenario... James started instead of Martinez (obviously not the same position but playing as a #10)... first half ended 1-1, James is playing badly, he gets subbed off and Bayern score 3 goals in the 2nd half while conceding none. Are we saying that Bayern fans would have been happy in this case?
I don't know if we would be happy or not. I just don't want to lose one of our 3 best players for no reason whatsoever.

PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bastos80 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:42 pm

Stuttgart scored 14 goals this season. Yet we managed to give them one.
We scored 4, cool. Against a team that conceded 38 prior to this game. With a shit performance at best. On top of that, Kovac is once again proving that he's lineing this team-up based on heuristics like "never change a winning team" and that he's got absolutely no use for James, one of our best players.
There's literally no reason to be happy about this, apart from nobody of our players getting injured.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:01 am

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:33 am

bastos80 wrote:

We scored 4, cool. Against a team that conceded 38 prior to this game. With a shit performance at best. On top of that, Kovac is once again proving that he's lineing this team-up based on heuristics like "never change a winning team" and that he's got absolutely no use for James, one of our best players.
There's literally no reason to be happy about this, apart from nobody of our players getting injured.

They scored a fluke goal. A once-in-a-career kind of shot. The kind of goal where it had to do much more with the individual effort than the team tactics. I'd be far more worried if they passed the ball around and ended up scoring a tap-in.

Yes, James not starting is unfortunate, but we're getting the results. This was our 7th consecutive Bundesliga win. We've been winning ever since the defenders stopped purposely letting in goals (BVB and Fortuna) to try and get rid of Kovac. Also we've been unbeaten in all competitions (and friendlies) since too... 10* wins, 1 draw (away vs Ajax in a stadium Bayern have never won).

*including the PSO wins in the 45-min runouts in the Telekom Cup... feel free to discount them as you see appropriate.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:38 am

MUTU wrote:
bastos80 wrote:

They scored a fluke goal. A once-in-a-career kind of shot. The kind of goal where it had to do much more with the individual effort than the team tactics. I'd be far more worried if they passed the ball around and ended up scoring a tap-in.

Yes, James not starting is unfortunate, but we're getting the results. This was our 7th consecutive Bundesliga win. We've been winning ever since the defenders stopped purposely letting in goals (BVB and Fortuna) to try and get rid of Kovac. Also we've been unbeaten in all competitions (and friendlies) since too... 10* wins, 1 draw (away vs Ajax in a stadium Bayern have never won).

*including the PSO wins in the 45-min runouts in the Telekom Cup... feel free to discount them as you see appropriate.

We have also never won at venues in Kreisliga... As if history had any meaning in this...

Purposely letting in goals? What a load of crap...!
- Rangnick or ten Hag in!
- Bring a DM, a winger (Sané) and Havertz!
- Get a REAL sports director (Rangnick?)!
- Keep Hoeness and Rummenigge far away from the team!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:48 am

#12 wrote:We have also never won at venues in Kreisliga... As if history had any meaning in this...

Purposely letting in goals? What a load of crap...!

Talking about a load of crap, did you look at your previous line?

We never played at venues in Kreisliga, but we did in Ajax's home.

1972/73 Ajax 4-0 Bayern
1980/81 Ajax 2-1 Bayern
1994/95 Ajax 5-2 Bayern
2004/05 Ajax 2-2 Bayern
2018/19 Ajax 3-3 Bayern

You can say it's our bogey stadium, and that was our best-ever result away against Ajax, because we scored 3 away goals. We had also lost ¾ of the previous matches.

And yes, especially against Fortuna, the late goals conceded looked calculated and intentional. And the coach DID claim that the players went against his instructions.

Plus you're deviating away from my point altogether. We ARE getting the results. It's the means that fans can't seem to swallow. Notwithstanding, you cannot deny that we're on a good winning streak.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:04 am

envagyokazapad wrote:The issue is exactly that he is not "shit".
It would be great if he were just shit - because he probably would not be here anymore then.

It's worse, he is just mediocre. Good enough not to get sacked but too bad to make anything more than mediocre happen. We are sitting here waiting for something that might never come.

Though I am not sure what we could expect in terms of a generation change from someone who just does not play the young/new players. It is like he is not even trying to find anything extraordinary, he is just fine playing OK football...

Fair enough, and I agree. But I see signs of improvement, especially in the results. Perhaps, if he keeps the ship steady, who knows... he (we) might just get lucky enough... won't be holding my breath though.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:10 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
Lahmies wrote:another ugly victory that will get some people to feel undeservedly vindicated and kovac to ignore our weak spots and mistakes because hey! we won! we fought real good! :roll:
Madonna Madonna Madonna...
We won 4-1....

What do you want to be happy?
I could have asked you exactly the same thing back when Guardiola was in charge and almost every BuLi game ended at 4-0 in our favor, with the regular 7-0 and 8-0s.

Yeah yeah, funny dig at ramsej84. The big difference between Guardiola and Kovac, however, is that the latter (probably!) wouldn't try something strange, untested and unpredictable when the tough match comes along... for better or for worse.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga