You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-04-10] Bayern Munich vs Union Berlin

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
50%
It will end in a draw
50%
1. FC Union Berlin will win
No votes

Total votes : 2

Re: [2021-04-10] Bayern Munich vs Union Berlin

Postby Mani » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:03 pm

Javi worked vs Liverpool because we didn’t play with high defensive line. At least iirc
Mani
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:42 pm

I think either it's a last minute draw for Union or a handsome win for Bayern in this game.

The defense against PSG (minus Davies who's suspended) should get a game to practice together and EMCM gets a chance to practice his finishing.

TM25, Kimmich, Alaba, Sané, Coman and Neuer get rested or benched at the bare minimum.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bmguy » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:37 am

at this crucial time of the season, I look around and find that we have no trusted young players because of the bullshit development plan that gives no chance to Bayern II.
Dortmund dared to use Knauff in the starting lineup in a CL match, and give MOukoko, Tigges... and they have time to gain exp with the first team and be ready for crucial time whereas we don't practice that. I have no idea what's the main purpose for Bayern II ? produce young talents for other teams ?
bmguy
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Vietnam

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:40 am

We shouldn't experiment that much because if we lose, the title race might be open again

I expect to see some rotation though. And in terms of injuries, players might get injured or catch the COVID even if they don't play this match. I'd say we should field a strong line up with just some minor rotation and then take our best players out in the second half if we are winning.

Good chance to see Musiala and probably Nianzou
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby dambun » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:57 am

If I were in Flick's shoes, I would definitely rest Sane (<20min), Coman (<20min), Kimmich (<20min), Alaba (<45min), Müller (;45min), Pavard (<45min), maybe even Neuer.

I would start the match with whoever is ln the squad, play for a draw with an unusually deep defensive line... Given Union the ball and let them come at us... and then, introduce a number of abovementioned players as substitutes late in the game.

We'll definitely need some extra energy to press PSG next week, and also for the three important BuLi games in the English week after that.
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby dambun » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:07 am

YlonenXabi wrote:We shouldn't experiment that much because if we lose, the title race might be open again

I expect to see some rotation though. And in terms of injuries, players might get injured or catch the COVID even if they don't play this match. I'd say we should field a strong line up with just some minor rotation and then take our best players out in the second half if we are winning.

Even if we play with the main players, we may still not win the match because the midweek match costed them a lot of energy and they are also probably mentally more focused on the return leg. There is also a much higher risk of injury with tired players playing an official match.

We better play for a draw with the reserves, because the main players are supposed to not only fight against PSG, but also play 3 further tough games against Wolfsburg, Leverkusen and Maniz, the week after the PSG game.
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun

National Flag:
Iran

Postby Achilles » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:09 am

Seven points clear. No need to push too much and risk any injuries or unnecessary fatigue.

The focus should be only for the PSG game. It's the biggest and most important game given the situation and absences.

B-team should play against Union. Players such as Musiala,Roca,Choupo,Nubel,Sarr must start in this game.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:55 am

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby dambun » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:56 pm

Achilles wrote:Seven points clear. No need to push too much and risk any injuries or unnecessary fatigue.

The focus should be only for the PSG game. It's the biggest and most important game given the situation and absences.

B-team should play against Union. Players such as Musiala,Roca,Choupo,Nubel,Sarr must start in this game.

Exactly! That is exactly the point of building up a 7 point cushion in the league.
Otherwise, if we do not want to make use of this opportunity, there is not much of a difference in winning the BuLi title with 2 or 20 points.
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun

National Flag:
Iran

Postby aterford » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:31 pm

dambun wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:We shouldn't experiment that much because if we lose, the title race might be open again

Even if we play with the main players, we may still not win the match because the midweek match costed them a lot of energy and they are also probably mentally more focused on the return leg. There is also a much higher risk of injury with tired players playing an official match.

We better play for a draw with the reserves, because the main players are supposed to not only fight against PSG, but also play 3 further tough games against Wolfsburg, Leverkusen and Maniz, the week after the PSG game.

This is kind of how I feel - that we should rest some legs not just for the PSG match, but also for the league matches that follow. Union aren't pushovers but Wolfsburg will be a tough match and Leverkusen tends to play us tough, too. And we have already seen in the leadup to the PSG match how lack of minute-management has caused us problems.

On one hand, you want to take points where you can get them. Not long ago, there was some logic that said it was okay for BVB to play for a draw against Bayern because the next few matches were easier for them and tougher for Frankfurt and if they did well in the matches following the Bayern match and beat Frankfurt they'd be in the driver's seat (or close to it) for a UCL spot. On top of that, they had a big match with Sevilla coming up, and so it did make some sense to ensure they had fresh legs for the UCL match and could perhaps make up any potential dropped points in the league later on with their 'easier' schedule. It was a pragmatic decision that in theory would keep them in a good position in two competitions and allow them to not overwork key players.

Of course that's not how it played out in practice. BVB did get past Sevilla, as we saw, but after dropping points vs Bayern - a draw vs Koln and a loss head-to-head with Frankfurt (who in that same span drew Leipzig and battered Union) saw them take only 4 points from three matches and basically killed their UCL hopes for next season. Of course there's no guarantees that they were looking ahead or that the Bayern match would have gone differently, but those three points would've been a big help for them now.

But, then again, there's a big difference between playing from a position where you're chasing a spot and playing from a position where your goal is to simply maintain a spot. All that to say: There is some case to be made for both. There's some wisdom in doing what you can to give yourself a good position in both competitions, and when you're already 7 points clear atop the league it does make some sense to look at the schedule and feel that you could perhaps afford to not earn 3 points in this matchup. But, like I said, on the other hand - future points aren't guaranteed, either, so it's really hard to try and 'plan' in such a way, sometimes.

Overall I think the risk-reward is probably in favor of resting players, though. We have a comfortable lead in the league and still have a (slim) chance of finding a way to advance in the UCL - and we have seen in years past how getting knocked out of the UCL can have a big impact on the rest of the season's performances. Look back to the end of the 17-18 season - after getting eliminated by Madrid we were basically just going through the motion for the remaining matches. We were never in danger of losing the league, but still... (Side note: can you believe Schalke finished 2nd then?) Credit where credit is due for Kovac playing us tough in that match, but there's no doubt in my mind that if we were still alive in the UCL at that point we'd have been ultra-motivated and won that match, no question. So it can go both ways...
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby vtotheinay » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:58 pm

the boys are all worn out. 0 rest this offseason and it'll be the same this year with euros. play all B team and youth players tomorrow

Can't see tweet? Click here!
vtotheinay
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Fénix » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:43 pm

Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:40 pm

Good for you Union
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby DRvad14 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:38 pm

DRvad14
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:41 pm

Would have liked to see Kimmich, Coman and Muller rested too, but better than nothing
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga