You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-11-06] Bayern Munich vs SC Freiburg

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
SC Freiburg will win
No votes

Total votes : 3

Re: [2021-11-06] Bayern Munich vs SC Freiburg

Postby #12 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:10 am

bastos80 wrote:I was about to say that despite our non-existent midfield, the defense did a fantastic job...
Not expecting a clean sheet anytime soon. Will be happy if we stay at 1 goal conceded per game at the end.
Still getting real tired of these so called experts with their talk about our "world-class midfield" and "worse than usual" defense. Like have they watched last season at all? On top of that, least goals conceded at this stage of the season since 3 years.
Well, whenever I point out we‘re not improving in that department, I get heat here…
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:56 am

#12 wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:Freiburg's sponsor is something called "Schwarzbaldmilch"? Doesn't get more farmer than that
SchwarzWaldmilch - means Black Forest Milk… True somehow

Well, Parma won the UEFA Cup whilst sponsored by Parmalat which is essentially the same thing :)
Still funny as hell though, good one PunkCapitalist!
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Alexander » Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:53 am

Upamecano won possesion in the defensive third 13 times agaisnt Freiburg. Highest number this season in Bundesliga. Yes, he has been shaky but I say the potential is there.
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:59 am

Alexander wrote:Upamecano won possesion in the defensive third 13 times agaisnt Freiburg. Highest number this season in Bundesliga. Yes, he has been shaky but I say the potential is there.
We don’t need you to say that

Problem is when a player like Embolo takes you for a ride like a man playing a kindergartner, talent clearly isn’t enough…
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:06 pm

Its like Nagelsmann said, against smaller players he does exceptional, but the problem he has is someone who can uses his body against Upa and has even better speed. He needs to learn how to position himself in those situations and not be that hesitant.
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Alexander » Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:07 pm

I really like Sané and what he has done this season. One assist yesterday. Sometimes patience pays off. Hopefully Upa will have the same progress and make a great duo together with Hernandez.
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Alexander » Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:10 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:Its like Nagelsmann said, against smaller players he does exceptional, but the problem he has is someone who can uses his body against Upa and has even better speed. He needs to learn how to position himself in those situations and not be that hesitant.

I believe that can be the case when he matures. Just 23.
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby #12 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:23 pm

Alexander wrote:
Ottomeister87 wrote:Its like Nagelsmann said, against smaller players he does exceptional, but the problem he has is someone who can uses his body against Upa and has even better speed. He needs to learn how to position himself in those situations and not be that hesitant.

Well yeah, but he HAS played before, hasn’t he?

I mean that‘s a phrase I LITERALLY had never heard on this level before!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Alexander » Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:37 pm

Perhaps it was wrong getting Upa when Ramos was free.
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:52 pm

Alexander wrote:

Ofcourse, i agree, he still has much to learn. But then again, you play at one of the 3's biggest clubs in Europe, where you dont get that time to make mistakes and mistakes and mistakes. He has to perform from the get go. It would be harsh to put the Gladbach defeat on him alone, but he more or less gifted them 2 in that game.. and was involved in that 2-0 also by having bad placement. If he does that in a KO game in the CL, i can imagine his time would be already over with Bayern if Kalle and Hoeness would be here still.
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby bastos80 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:02 pm

#12 wrote:
bastos80 wrote:I was about to say that despite our non-existent midfield, the defense did a fantastic job...
Not expecting a clean sheet anytime soon. Will be happy if we stay at 1 goal conceded per game at the end.
Still getting real tired of these so called experts with their talk about our "world-class midfield" and "worse than usual" defense. Like have they watched last season at all? On top of that, least goals conceded at this stage of the season since 3 years.
Well, whenever I point out we‘re not improving in that department, I get heat here…

Yes of course, poor you.
---------------Lewandowski
------------Sané - Müller - Gnabry
------------Goretzka - Kimmich
Davies - Hernández - Upamecano - Süle
--------------------Neuer
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby bastos80 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:02 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:
Alexander wrote:

Ofcourse, i agree, he still has much to learn. But then again, you play at one of the 3's biggest clubs in Europe, where you dont get that time to make mistakes and mistakes and mistakes. He has to perform from the get go. It would be harsh to put the Gladbach defeat on him alone, but he more or less gifted them 2 in that game.. and was involved in that 2-0 also by having bad placement. If he does that in a KO game in the CL, i can imagine his time would be already over with Bayern if Kalle and Hoeness would be here still.

Do you remember Boateng when he joined?
bastos80

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby bastos80 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:03 pm

Alexander wrote:Perhaps it was wrong getting Upa when Ramos was free.

How can you say that when Ramos hasn't played a single minute since May and PSG are thinking of ending his contract?
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:14 pm

bastos80 wrote:

Yes, but Upa played at a different level compared to Boa in that time. HSV/Hertha and City ( 16 games only because of injuries and other stuff ) were not next level for him. Upa played in a pretty good Leipzig team and in the CL at that time of age. So he is more experienced compared to Boateng at that. For Upa that shouldnt be the case anymore as excuse. Thats more or less what i am pointing at.
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby bastos80 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:25 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:
bastos80 wrote:

Yes, but Upa played at a different level compared to Boa in that time. HSV/Hertha and City ( 16 games only because of injuries and other stuff ) were not next level for him. Upa played in a pretty good Leipzig team and in the CL at that time of age. So he is more experienced compared to Boateng at that. For Upa that shouldnt be the case anymore as excuse. Thats more or less what i am pointing at.

It's not an excuse. It's literally normal. With 23, he's still almost just a baby for CB standards.
If anything his performance level for that age in general is already ridiculous. Stop with the expectation of players having to be perfect before they even hit their mid-20s. We beared with Boa who wasn't even developed as far as Upa now, so why shouldn't we bear with him. That's my point, since you said he has to perform from the get-go and there is no time at a big club like Bayern.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga