You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-11-06] Bayern Munich vs SC Freiburg

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
SC Freiburg will win
No votes

Total votes : 3

Re: [2021-11-06] Bayern Munich vs SC Freiburg

Postby MUTU » Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:31 pm

Official

Subs: Früchtl, Richards, Pavard, Gnabry, Choupo-Moting, Nianzou, Tolisso, Musiala, Stanišić
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:33 pm

Nagelsmann must really hate Roca. I mean he chose Richards, Pavard and Stanišić on the bench for the full back positions but only one central midfielder (Tolisso). I have a feeling Roca will leave Bayern without playing a single minute under Nagelsmann.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bastos80 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:39 pm

MUTU wrote:Nagelsmann must really hate Roca. I mean he chose Richards, Pavard and Stanišić on the bench for the full back positions but only one central midfielder (Tolisso). I have a feeling Roca will leave Bayern without playing a single minute under Nagelsmann.

"Hate", really?
Roca can pretty much only play one role. Nagelsmann already said that a while ago when Roca came back from an injury, altough obviously not as direct. And that role is seemingly not asked in this team, hence why we even signed Sabitzer on top of Tolisso in the first place. He even subbed in Stanisic at midfield once against Leipzig already who did a decent job, also Nianzou. Richards is obviously needed at LB since Lucas is a starter at CB and Pavard is needed for both RB and CB. No point in having Roca instead of any one of those sadly.
---------------Lewandowski
------------Sané - Müller - Gnabry
------------Goretzka - Kimmich
Davies - Hernández - Upamecano - Süle
--------------------Neuer
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:45 pm

bastos80 wrote:
MUTU wrote:Nagelsmann must really hate Roca. I mean he chose Richards, Pavard and Stanišić on the bench for the full back positions but only one central midfielder (Tolisso). I have a feeling Roca will leave Bayern without playing a single minute under Nagelsmann.

"Hate", really?
Roca can pretty much only play one role. Nagelsmann already said that a while ago when Roca came back from an injury, altough obviously not as direct. And that role is seemingly not asked in this team, hence why we even signed Sabitzer on top of Tolisso in the first place. He even subbed in Stanisic at midfield once against Leipzig already who did a decent job, also Nianzou. Richards is obviously needed at LB since Lucas is a starter at CB and Pavard is needed for both RB and CB. No point in having Roca instead of any one of those sadly.

Players who played at LB for Bayern: Davies, Lucas, Richards, Stanišić (4 possibilities for 1 position)
Players who played at CB for Bayern: Lucas, Upamecano, Süle, Nianzou, Pavard, Kimmich (6 possibilities for 2 positions)
Players who played at RB for Bayern: Süle, Nianzou, Pavard, Kimmich, Stanišić (5 possibilities for 1 position)
Players who played at CDM/CM for Bayern: Kimmich, Goretzka, Tolisso, Nianzou (4 possibilities for 2 positions)

It's clear we're stacked on RB options and short on options at CDM/CM, especially given how much of a rest Kimmich needs. One of Richards or Stanišić would have not made the matchday squad if I was the head coach, and Roca would. Probably Richards. I mean if Davies gets injured at 1', I'd sub on Pavard for Davies, move Lucas as LB, Süle as LCD and Pavard as RB. Another option would be to sub on Stanišić as LB.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bastos80 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:50 pm

MUTU wrote:
bastos80 wrote:

"Hate", really?

Players who played at LB for Bayern: Davies, Lucas, Richards, Stanišić (4 possibilities for 1 position)
Players who played at CB for Bayern: Lucas, Upamecano, Süle, Nianzou, Pavard, Kimmich (6 possibilities for 2 positions)
Players who played at RB for Bayern: Süle, Nianzou, Pavard, Kimmich, Stanišić (5 possibilities for 1 position)
Players who played at CDM/CM for Bayern: Kimmich, Goretzka, Tolisso, Nianzou (4 possibilities for 2 positions)

It's clear we're stacked on RB options and short on options at CDM/CM, especially given how much of a rest Kimmich needs. One of Richards or Stanišić would have not made the matchday squad if I was the head coach, and Roca would. Probably Richards. I mean if Davies gets injured at 1', I'd sub on Pavard for Davies, move Lucas as LB, Süle as LCD and Pavard as RB. Another option would be to sub on Stanišić as LB.

Why ignore Stanisic at CDM/CM?
bastos80

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:52 pm

bastos80 wrote:Why ignore Stanisic at CDM/CM?

I don't ever remember him playing there (?)
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bastos80 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:55 pm

MUTU wrote:

He clearly did against RB, like I said...
No idea why Transfermarkt has him listed at RB in that game, when he clearly got subbed in for Müller and occupied the spot next to Kimmich in the last 15 minutes.

It's not the craziest ideas that a coach wants to fill his reserves with players he actually trusts and that can play multiple positions if necessary.
Last edited by bastos80 on Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:56 pm

MUTU wrote:

According to transfermarkt he played a total of 9 minutes as CDM, for FC Bayern II (where he also played 39 matches as CB). I was talking about players who already played in that position for our senior team, otherwise I'd include Lucas as RB who played 90 minutes in the CL against Real Madrid as RB when he was at Atletico.

Edit: now I see what you wrote about RB Leipzig but to be honest I don't remember him in midfield.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:02 pm

bastos80 wrote:It's not the craziest ideas that a coach wants to fill his reserves with players he actually trusts and that can play multiple positions if necessary.

Well, that's the problem, that he doesn't trust Roca in a position where options are thin but trusts a player brought in from the 2nd division in England. If Roca cannot even make the matchday squad when Sabitzer is missing (he is ill), he will never play for Bayern bar an injury crisis.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bastos80 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:02 pm

MUTU wrote:
MUTU wrote:

According to transfermarkt he played a total of 9 minutes as CDM, for FC Bayern II (where he also played 39 matches as CB). I was talking about players who already played in that position for our senior team, otherwise I'd include Lucas as RB who played 90 minutes in the CL against Real Madrid as RB when he was at Atletico.

Edit: now I see what you wrote about RB Leipzig but to be honest I don't remember him in midfield.

Well, since you also included Kimmich at RB, why not include Musiala at CM aswell? Positive he'd rather get minutes there than Roca, and already played there very well with Flick last season.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby bastos80 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:03 pm

MUTU wrote:
bastos80 wrote:It's not the craziest ideas that a coach wants to fill his reserves with players he actually trusts and that can play multiple positions if necessary.

Well, that's the problem, that he doesn't trust Roca in a position where options are thin but trusts a player brought in from the 2nd division in England. If Roca cannot even make the matchday squad when Sabitzer is missing (he is ill), he will never play for Bayern bar an injury crisis.

Mate, if Roca does not fit our system, then it doesn't matter whether Richards played in the 2nd division in England or not.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:06 pm

bastos80 wrote:Mate, if Roca does not fit our system, then it doesn't matter whether Richards played in the 2nd division in England or not.

Then he should have been clear with Roca, that he will never, ever, ever play. Instead he's already lost market value sitting on the bench or in the stands when he could have been sold last summer. What's the point of having him in our squad if he's never going to be given a chance?

Sarr also misses out, by the way, but contrary to Roca he's actually been given chances under Nagelsmann.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bastos80 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:09 pm

MUTU wrote:
bastos80 wrote:Mate, if Roca does not fit our system, then it doesn't matter whether Richards played in the 2nd division in England or not.

Then he should have been clear with Roca, that he will never, ever, ever play. Instead he's already lost market value sitting on the bench or in the stands when he could have been sold last summer. What's the point of having him in our squad if he's never going to be given a chance?

Sarr also misses out, by the way, but contrary to Roca he's actually been given chances under Nagelsmann.

When Roca came back from injury, the transfer window was already closed. It's totally fair that Nagelsmann wanted to get an impression of him first.
Besides, if you believe the media, we wanted to loan him out in the summer and will probably try again in winter.
Really don't see your problem.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:12 pm

bastos80 wrote:When Roca came back from injury, the transfer window was already closed. It's totally fair that Nagelsmann wanted to get an impression of him first.

Fair, but if he didn't fit the system, he didn't fit the system, unless Julian was still unsure on the system.

bastos80 wrote:Besides, if you believe the media, we wanted to loan him out in the summer and will probably try again in winter.
Really don't see your problem.

I mean you're saying he's what, like 8th choice? Kimmich, Goretzka, Sabitzer, Tolisso, Nianzou, Musiala, Stanisic? And at this point I'd wager Nagelsmann would rather play Süle there too, making him 9th choice. What's the point of loaning him out? Might as well sell him.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:12 pm

Stanisic may become a top towards the end of next WK
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga