You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-11-06] Bayern Munich vs SC Freiburg

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
SC Freiburg will win
No votes

Total votes : 3

Re: [2021-11-06] Bayern Munich vs SC Freiburg

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:28 pm

They dont have to be perfect, none said that. But more games like the Gladbach game and he is done pretty soon.
Ottomeister87
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Alexander » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:44 pm

bastos80 wrote:
Alexander wrote:Perhaps it was wrong getting Upa when Ramos was free.

How can you say that when Ramos hasn't played a single minute since May and PSG are thinking of ending his contract?

Because Upa is shit? No, I was ironic :D .
Alexander
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:45 pm

Imagine the heat Brazzo would have, if they actually had taken Ramos over Upa.. With not having played a single minute so far and those wages :lol:
Ottomeister87
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:12 pm

bastos80 wrote:
#12 wrote:
bastos80 wrote:I was about to say that despite our non-existent midfield, the defense did a fantastic job...
Not expecting a clean sheet anytime soon. Will be happy if we stay at 1 goal conceded per game at the end.
Still getting real tired of these so called experts with their talk about our "world-class midfield" and "worse than usual" defense. Like have they watched last season at all? On top of that, least goals conceded at this stage of the season since 3 years.
Well, whenever I point out we‘re not improving in that department, I get heat here…

Yes of course, poor you.
I can stand it… It’s just blatantly obvious to me but no one is taking it seriously…
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:36 pm

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:Freiburg's sponsor is something called "Schwarzbaldmilch"? Doesn't get more farmer than that
SchwarzWaldmilch - means Black Forest Milk… True somehow

Well, Parma won the UEFA Cup whilst sponsored by Parmalat which is essentially the same thing :)
Still funny as hell though, good one PunkCapitalist!
But Parmalat is a huge transnational. I don't know, but Black Forest Milk sounds like your grandpa's dairy produce at the farm down the road xD
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:02 pm

Actually Parma was owned by the same person who owned Parmalat, which means that Parma players essentially shared the same boss as actual farmers.

Then again our players shared a boss with sausage factory workers (even though Uli didn't own Bayern).
MUTU
Site Admin & Euro 2016, 2017/18, World Cup 2018 and Euro 2020 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & Euro 2016, 2017/18, World Cup 2018 and Euro 2020 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby CiriacoS » Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:12 pm

I watch RBs like Reece James or TAA or Cancelo, and its kind of frustrating as you can see immediately how much difference would such a player make for our team. To actually have someone that can pass, cross and dribble from the right side.

Its such a pity that we are so weak there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CiriacoS
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ed. » Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:38 am

bastos80 wrote:[
Do you remember Boateng when he joined?

Yes, Boateng was prone to mistakes, but Boateng's errors were positional play, risky passes out of defence that didn't come off, not marking his man tightly enough etc etc, all of which he improved on.

Upamecano's biggest flaw that has been exposed several times this season is getting bullied in a 1v1. Ths was never ever an issue for the physical beast that was Boateng.

For a defender, being physically strong in the duel and in the air has to be the basic foundation, then one builds on top of that with better passing, positional play etc.

What this deficiency translates to is that our CBs can never be more than say 10metres apart (at best) in any phase of play, which of course is never going to hold out because opposing teams will easily devise tactics to split the CBs. This is also a big headache for the coach to deal with when we need to chase the games and have more space at the back leading to more 1v1s.

On his best days, the guy has a excellent reading of the game and a nose for where the ball is going to end up, but he needs to clearly work on 1v1 defending. Also, what's more surprising is one would think I was talking about someone build like a paper straw but that's not the case with Upamecano. It seems he's never learnt to use his body which is quiet staggering given the level he is playing at.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bastos80 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:53 pm

Ed. wrote:
bastos80 wrote:[
Do you remember Boateng when he joined?

Yes, Boateng was prone to mistakes, but Boateng's errors were positional play, risky passes out of defence that didn't come off, not marking his man tightly enough etc etc, all of which he improved on.

Upamecano's biggest flaw that has been exposed several times this season is getting bullied in a 1v1. Ths was never ever an issue for the physical beast that was Boateng.

For a defender, being physically strong in the duel and in the air has to be the basic foundation, then one builds on top of that with better passing, positional play etc.

This really makes no sense. Of course Upa is physically strong. His problems don't stem from being a pushover, but from his decision making when he realizes that strength and pace alone won't do it. Just watch the 1:1 against Frankfurt where he had THREE chances to win the ball, but hesitated because he wasn't sure what to do. He needs to be smarter in those situations, not necessarily stronger or faster. Physically he's an animal already.
---------------Lewandowski
------------Sané - Müller - Gnabry
------------Goretzka - Kimmich
Davies - Hernández - Upamecano - Süle
--------------------Neuer
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Previous

Return to Bundesliga