You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-01-17] Bayern Munich vs SC Freiburg

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
SC Freiburg will win
No votes

Total votes : 3

Re: [2021-01-17] Bayern Munich vs SC Freiburg

Postby MUTU » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:00 pm

#12 wrote:Sometimes, yes... So? Are you ALWAYS happy because you live in the privileged part of the world? Or do you still have days that annoy and bother you?

Sometimes?! The only two times I recall you being happy was after the 8-2 against Barcelona and after winning the CL final.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Achilles » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:29 pm

The game was OK. Defenitely not bad, we could play better for sure, on the offensive end we spoiled two good chances to put the game into sleep early and our final pass was sloppy at times. Defensively despite the goal we conceded which was an individual error of Davies who btw gets caught sleeping many times on his opponent in crosses, despite that we were pretty stable. Especially if you take into consideration how lousy our defensive approach has been lately. Muller MOTM easily, he was fantastic!

Some thoughts of mine.
- Team is completely exhausted, I watched the schedule and I'm at peace now. Please take a look, the boys are competing and playing for 6 months straight while others were on a vacation for 3 months. You just can't keep up playing THAT good and on that tempo.
- Lucas Hernandez is a lost cause. Flick for whatever reason doesn't like/trust/rate him you name it... If I were him, I'd ask to leave.
- Kimmich is our best midfielder by far, some guys here must not be adults and watch/play football only on PS5 after the comments on him after our bad run and some average performances. I was the first saying that he is born to be RB in first place, I re-consider. MF-RB both world-class.
- Sane slowly but steadily(healthy!) will reach his full potential, right now he is class and he plays only at his 85%
- Pavard's first decent game, I pray that this match will be his restart of the old consistent warrior.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:57 pm

Ben Gardner wrote:I just don't get it why there is so much complaining och whining about this game. You went into this game top of the table by one point, heavily criticizing your team like it is pure s**t, meeting a team that has won it's last five games, controlling the game, could easily have closed the game before Petersen hit the bar in overtime, secured three points in the end, all your rivals dropped points, Bayern now lead the league by four points. So, what am I missing?
You’re talking to possibly the only team whose supporters love hating on the team even in the best of times.

You’re perfectly right, but it seems like Bayern fans are split in two and saw two completely different games today.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:59 pm

#12 wrote:Nope...
But...
That doesn’t mean you cannot be angry or disappointed when you lose...
And if you lost to your 3yo at, say chess, it'd be the same category... It would not reflect very well on you and deservedly expose you to ridicule...

Hey, don’t you make fun of children beating older people in games. If there hadn’t been that fateful day when 5 year old me accidentally chose Bayern in FIFA and won for the first time ever against an adult, I wouldn’t even be here!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby r10 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:35 pm

Achilles wrote:Lucas Hernandez is a lost cause.
If I were him, I'd ask to leave.
And get his brother, Theo !
r10
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:49 pm

r10 wrote:
Achilles wrote:Lucas Hernandez is a lost cause.
If I were him, I'd ask to leave.
And get his brother, Theo !

And put Davies where? :mrgreen:
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aaaaaa » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:57 pm

why the hell not try Lucas or Davies on the right
aaaaaa
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Lahmies » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:23 pm

Ben Gardner wrote:I just don't get it why there is so much complaining och whining about this game. You went into this game top of the table by one point, heavily criticizing your team like it is pure s**t, meeting a team that has won it's last five games, controlling the game, could easily have closed the game before Petersen hit the bar in overtime, secured three points in the end, all your rivals dropped points, Bayern now lead the league by four points. So, what am I missing?

You seem to be missing the fact that we're still playing like shit. This shit might get us by in the bundesliga on most games but it won't fly if we keep it up on the champions league. Sorry if I want us to actually play well.
Lahmies
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby zozon » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:05 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:You’re talking to possibly the only team whose supporters love hating on the team even in the best of times.

This is simply not true.
I dont know what Bayern "fans" are you hanging with or you are familiar with, but this is completely the opposite of the Bayern fans I know. Or read or know in personal.

I'm in a few big Balkan Facebook groups, Bayern fan-pages. And believe me - Balkan sports fans DO know how to bitch or brag about something they dislike. Yes, lately almost all comments are in a negative light (and that's just fine and understandable, considering how we play), but I didnt saw a single bad comment about the team last season. There were comments about individual players and their mistakes, but no one hated on the team.
Nor they are hating it now, just some mad comments, completely justified.
zozon
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:34 am

Juventus lost and are in 5th place currently outside of a CL spot.
Barcelona lost and are in 3rd place. Atletico who we beat are in 1st place 4 points clear with not one but two games in hand.
Liverpool drew, 4th place but Everton who are 2 points behind have a game in hand and have the ability to put Liverpool outside of a CL spot.
BVB drew.
Leipzig drew.

Bayern won and are 4 points clear at the top of the table.

But some users are still whining. It was always obvious that this would be a tough season for the top teams.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:12 am

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:12 pm

MUTU wrote:Juventus lost and are in 5th place currently outside of a CL spot.
Barcelona lost and are in 3rd place. Atletico who we beat are in 1st place 4 points clear with not one but two games in hand.
Liverpool drew, 4th place but Everton who are 2 points behind have a game in hand and have the ability to put Liverpool outside of a CL spot.
BVB drew.
Leipzig drew.

But some users are still whining. It was always obvious that this would be a tough season for the top teams.

Let's be honest, it's the tough season for weak teams, as well. Just take a look at the Sheffield United last season and this season or for instance, Mainz 05 that look like a safe passengers after more than a decade without 2. Liga football, ie being extremely stable, serious, constant Bundesliga side after Klopp moved to BVB.

Anyway, we win points, other German teams are always dropping them when it must be completely oppposite case and the only problem right now is that we concede goals every damn match and our defence looks a total disaster and mess.
As for our attacking style, Bayern struggle because of extraordinary life situation over the last 10 months. Can't be 120% lethal when you forgot to rest some 40 days without football and 25 days of pre-season preparations for the 2020/2021.

95% of the club in Europe's top 5 leagues would take Bayern's 2020/2021 results and the current spot with no question. Everyone wants to be a national champion. :wink:
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby aterford » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:55 pm

BVB drew.
Leipzig drew.

Note also that Liverpool have now failed to score in three consecutive PL matches. Can you imagine the uproar here if we'd failed to score in three BL matches running? You'd probably hear that we're going to get relegated so hard we'd skip the 2. BL and drop straight down to 3. Liga.
Barca just got beat by Bilbao to lose the Supercup, and they're what, 7 points out of the lead? Atletico got knocked out of the cup - not a 2nd-division side but a 3rd-division one. Juve just got owned by Inter and barely snuck by Genoa.

I will say City are in a decent spot right now, but really - everyone is struggling. Everything needs to be taken in perspective. It's okay to complain about a loss, it's okay to want the team to perform better, but context is needed. Yesterday was absolutely an improvement over recent weeks, there's nothing wrong with acknowledging that. And continuing to say "This won't be good enough" - I'm sure it's nice to vent, but it really doesn't actually *mean* anything, does it? How you're performing right now has very, very little bearing on how you'll be performing at the end of the season - or even in a few weeks. We're still a month away from playing our next CL match! So the idea that "if we keep playing like this we won't win anything" - not only has it been demonstrably true in the league - but it has next to no significance with regards to the. CL, unless you're willing to make the assumption that a.) we won't show any further improvement in the next month, even though we literally just showed improvement yesterday and/or b.) Lazio won't show any change in their performance over the span of the next month. So yes: we can certainly do better, but there's nothing wrong with acknowledging progress as it comes.

And I think in any season - even more so in this one - expecting zero dips or rough patches is always going to be setting yourself up for disappointment. It happens, even for very, very good teams. If we are still performing exactly like we did yesterday in a month's time when we face Arminia or Frankfurt or whoever, then sure: that's cause for concern. But at the moment - we've had a rough patch and - while it's only one match - find ourselves pointing in the right direction again, at least for the time being. And that is okay. Of course I hope that improvement is sustained. And if history is any indication: virtually every time these proclamations are made, they end up being proven false, when all is said and done. Heck, maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but I'm pretty sure that last season - even in the "post-Kovac" period - we heard similar: "If we don't improve, we won't win anything" - well, we did improve, and we won everything. It is what it is.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:46 pm

aterford wrote:
BVB drew.
Leipzig drew.

Note also that Liverpool have now failed to score in three consecutive PL matches. Can you imagine the uproar here if we'd failed to score in three BL matches running? You'd probably hear that we're going to get relegated so hard we'd skip the 2. BL and drop straight down to 3. Liga.
Barca just got beat by Bilbao to lose the Supercup, and they're what, 7 points out of the lead? Atletico got knocked out of the cup - not a 2nd-division side but a 3rd-division one. Juve just got owned by Inter and barely snuck by Genoa.

I will say City are in a decent spot right now, but really - everyone is struggling. Everything needs to be taken in perspective. It's okay to complain about a loss, it's okay to want the team to perform better, but context is needed. Yesterday was absolutely an improvement over recent weeks, there's nothing wrong with acknowledging that. And continuing to say "This won't be good enough" - I'm sure it's nice to vent, but it really doesn't actually *mean* anything, does it? How you're performing right now has very, very little bearing on how you'll be performing at the end of the season - or even in a few weeks. We're still a month away from playing our next CL match! So the idea that "if we keep playing like this we won't win anything" - not only has it been demonstrably true in the league - but it has next to no significance with regards to the. CL, unless you're willing to make the assumption that a.) we won't show any further improvement in the next month, even though we literally just showed improvement yesterday and/or b.) Lazio won't show any change in their performance over the span of the next month. So yes: we can certainly do better, but there's nothing wrong with acknowledging progress as it comes.

And I think in any season - even more so in this one - expecting zero dips or rough patches is always going to be setting yourself up for disappointment. It happens, even for very, very good teams. If we are still performing exactly like we did yesterday in a month's time when we face Arminia or Frankfurt or whoever, then sure: that's cause for concern. But at the moment - we've had a rough patch and - while it's only one match - find ourselves pointing in the right direction again, at least for the time being. And that is okay. Of course I hope that improvement is sustained. And if history is any indication: virtually every time these proclamations are made, they end up being proven false, when all is said and done. Heck, maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but I'm pretty sure that last season - even in the "post-Kovac" period - we heard similar: "If we don't improve, we won't win anything" - well, we did improve, and we won everything. It is what it is.
Meh... Progress is a process... We had one slightly better game that could've easily meant REgress...
Thing is, we would need to be at like 1.1, 1.2 goals conceded a game to say we need tondo better... We're at 2 per game in 2021... That’s around 1.4 too many to contest for the CL - and that's the point: it‘s a HUGE development we need and for that time is running out...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:10 am

#12 wrote:Meh... Progress is a process... We had one slightly better game that could've easily meant REgress...
Thing is, we would need to be at like 1.1, 1.2 goals conceded a game to say we need tondo better... We're at 2 per game in 2021... That’s around 1.4 too many to contest for the CL - and that's the point: it‘s a HUGE development we need and for that time is running out...

Yes. Progress is a process. And every process has to start somewhere. Perhaps this 'process' started yesterday?
Anyways, you understand how averages work. You can't go from two goals per game conceded after 15 matches to 1.1, 1.2 goals per game conceded after 16. Indeed, it's a process. Lucky for us - time is not running out. At the moment we're at 1.56 goals per match conceded in the league. Prior to yesterday's match, that number was an even 1.6 per match. Even a clean sheet in our next 3 matches in a row would only drop that number down to 1.32 goals per match. And so on, you get the point. In any case, we only conceded once and allowed just 0.76 xG to a team who - your words - was the most in-form in Europe. That has to be viewed as progress, no?

Funny enough though: as it relates to the CL....we're conceding exactly 1.2 goals per match in the CL this season. And I'm sure the likely response will be something along the lines of "Well, we haven't played in the CL in a month, our form now is worse" which is certainly true. But as above: if you're going to say that our form from a month ago in the CL "doesn't count" or whatnot, then we should apply the same standard to our current form. We're just as far away from that UCL-form as we are from our next UCL match. It should be readily apparent that - as I've said - a team's form does fluctuate over a given season and - quite a bit can change in the span of a month, one way or another.

Considering that:
We've already shown ourselves to be able to perform at a very, very high level in the UCL..
...and we're still a month away from our next UCL fixture...
...and every team does go through variations in their form...
...and our poor run of form was still good enough to see us go from 2nd place and a point out of first to 1st place and ahead by four in the league - and only go out via a last-minute goal and penalties in the cup...
...and our most recent match showed an improvement both to the eye and in the 'measurables'...

...I don't think there's much reason to fret about a hypothetical 'if we don't improve' scenario just yet. Like I said: maybe in a month, but now? Premature.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga