You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-11-03] Bayern Munich vs SC Freiburg

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
SC Freiburg will win
No votes

Total votes : 2

Re: [2018-11-03] Bayern Munich vs SC Freiburg

Postby Gabs » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:06 pm

Is there a witch hunting for Renato Sanches in Germany?
I entered Kicker, Bild, all german websites giving him a 5. (While Kimmich and Neuer who were awful got a 4 and a 3).
Yet, in ESPN, Bayern Strikes, 90 min, all praising him for a solid performance.

I taught he was pretty solid today.
One of the best in the pitch.
Last edited by Gabs on Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gabs
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membership

Postby #12 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:11 pm

Gabs wrote:Is there a witch hunting for Renato Sanches in Germany?
I entered Kicker, Bild, all german websites giving him a 5. (While Kimmich and Neuer who were awful got a 4 and a 3).
Yet, in ESPN, Bayern Strikes, 90 min, all pricing him for a solid performance.

Not much of an achievement... I think even I wouldn’t have made 5 worst players...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby pyrasur » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:35 pm

#12 wrote:

Not much of an achievement... I think even I wouldn’t have made 5 worst players...

I would love to see you on the pitch. Maybe in place of Ribéry.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby dras_l » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:37 pm

Today Freiburg played very well and for sure they did deserve this point. Bayern, what a joke team. We played such a boring football, so many corners and we didn’t make a single chance from it. If Kovac was 5th choice, I cannot imagine what top player will join us, especially since we are not going to pay hefty. We need to make U turn, from this point the goal should be Bundesliga top 4 and to play only with our young players.
Better strategic retreat than dishonorable defeat
dras_l
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:37 pm

pyrasur wrote:
#12 wrote:

I would love to see you on the pitch. Maybe in place of Ribéry.

Well, we would literally lose no output... Seeing as Ribéry is not even 4th tier material... I'd probably struggle with the pace of professional soccer, but 15 minutes with no impact at all like Ribéry, I can see myself do that...
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby sch0ll7 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:38 pm

We all know something isnt clicking atm...someone of us are blaming players, some Kovac, our board etc...
I dont think it is so easy to determine which one of those is the right answer...i think it is a little bit of everything.

Our board is one of the best if you ask me but they did make a mistake by not refreshing this team in the last few transfer windows. We are just sitting on money and do nothing. There was value out there and we could have bought some players but missed them. They know they made a mistake and will definitely do something next summer.

Kovac is not Jupp or Pep...we all know that. But while some of you want him gone. Maybe you are right...but there is no way we will get a long term coach right now. I think the best way is to let him do his thing and we will see if he is worth it...if not then start searching for new coach who will join us next summer. We all know that not even Pep or Jupp can make this team win CL this season and to be honest I want us to come 2nd or 3rd in BL just because I want our board to go for new top players next summer.

Players are just not up for it at the moment. We have quality but you can see that they are under pressure and some of the players are afraid their time is over. Ribery, Robben, Muller, Boateng, Martinez...Sanches, Goretzka are not clicking because our team is not playing good. And some of the players are just frustrated out there.

We should just spend the whole season valuating our players and coach..and then decide who stays and who goes. We need to rebuild.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:47 pm

Yeah but there’s no broom big enough to clean up this mess... We'd need some 300m to revamp this team... Hopeless
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Fénix » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:05 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:We all know something isnt clicking atm...someone of us are blaming players, some Kovac, our board etc...
I dont think it is so easy to determine which one of those is the right answer...i think it is a little bit of everything.

Our board is one of the best if you ask me but they did make a mistake by not refreshing this team in the last few transfer windows. We are just sitting on money and do nothing. There was value out there and we could have bought some players but missed them. They know they made a mistake and will definitely do something next summer.

Kovac is not Jupp or Pep...we all know that. But while some of you want him gone. Maybe you are right...but there is no way we will get a long term coach right now. I think the best way is to let him do his thing and we will see if he is worth it...if not then start searching for new coach who will join us next summer. We all know that not even Pep or Jupp can make this team win CL this season and to be honest I want us to come 2nd or 3rd in BL just because I want our board to go for new top players next summer.

Players are just not up for it at the moment. We have quality but you can see that they are under pressure and some of the players are afraid their time is over. Ribery, Robben, Muller, Boateng, Martinez...Sanches, Goretzka are not clicking because our team is not playing good. And some of the players are just frustrated out there.

We should just spend the whole season valuating our players and coach..and then decide who stays and who goes. We need to rebuild.

I agree with almost everything you wrote except the part about our board. They did big, terrible mistakes over the last 3 summer transfer windows and now when you have a serious situation with inflation of transfer fees, how exactly are you going to sign 10 players in one summer window? I simply can't understand that.

It's not just replacing 6-7 players in the starting line-up, but also signing players who are missing already to replace and compete with Alaba, Lewandowski, Boateng, Kimmich... Only central midfielders are completely covered although we could seriously consider about signing a new #6 instead of Martinez. Replacing 6-7 players and signing another 10 to fill all missing parts in the first 11 and on the bench isn't exactly an easy job.

Our laziness and living on an old glory that came to an end in May 2016 and talk extremely stupid and silly stories about "transfers and big fees are signs of weakness", "wir werden keine verrückte Dinge machen", "Tuchel can forget the idea of challenging my ego as long as I'm the boss in FC Bayern", etc. etc.

He can be as much as negative and exaggerate as he wants to, but I agree definitely with @12 when he says how the hell we are suppose to cover the absolute lack of work in the last 3 years on the market when we can't simply expect to spend 300 million euros in just one summer(at least that much money to sign 5 top players if we're lucky), kicking out of the game practically the only available fitting coach to Bayern for plan E in terms of Niko Kovač who is obviously not a coach for top goals and expectations, especially in this kind of semi-anarchy that has been present in the locker room for a year. :?

That's reality. We missed to spend from summer 2015 to nowadays at least 100-150 mil € per each summer break on new players and now we should expect to see some magic stick or something where we are going to spend 120 mil € on 8-9 new players and return to old, glory days.
I'm not pessimistic and I do believe it's possible, but probability to see this happening in a club where you have to beat yourself, luck, black magic, wild pigs in German forests to become the best in the world... Veeeery hard if you ask me. As I said, "keine verrückte Dinge machen" philosophy is another dimension for the board. :)
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby sch0ll7 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:51 pm

It is not like we need 10 new players...believe it or not we have a really good squad but need to add/replace some 3 players.
We are mostly having problems because our players wont commit to Kovac and his ideas..while also having problems with injuries.
It is the same scenario we had last year under Carlo...we didnt buy any other player but we looked like a different team when Jupp came in. So you could see our players know how to play. If you ask me we would have won the CL if not for the stupid mistakes...and not by luck but because of how good we played.

Our back line is good...if we add Pavard we would have one of the best defensive lines out there.
Our midfield is good with Thiago, James, Martinez, Coco, Muller, Goretzka etc..But I would add at least 1 more player to play alongside Thiago and James. Lets say that costs 70mil€. That leaves you with 3 top players in midfield starting lineup with 2-3 solid back-ups that can get even better.

Or wings and Attack...We have Coman, Gnabry, Muller (Robben and Ribery as backups) and Davies coming in. those 3 youngsters are good and will get better. If we add another top class winger...lets say 100mil€..that is it. Lewandowski is top striker so no need to change him.

So as you see we really dont need any big changes...we just need to add a few players that will mix things up.

I am sure we have the money...some 200mil€ cash just lying in some account. And if you think about players with high wages going out..Ribery, Robben, Vidal (left already), Boateng...than you have a lot more money to work with...And bringing in 3 players wont make us poor...we have that money.

These players... if motivated and coached right...would probably win against any side out there. It is just that we are in some kind of mental crisis. Hopefully we get out of it.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:05 pm

Except no one is going to look it this way.

Uli and Rummenigge care about not spending much while making as much as possible and being domestically successful at the same time. For them it's all fine for as long as Bayern don't lose the Bundesliga title or the Cup.

The CL is just "the cherry of the cake" for them. Just like the idiots from Südkurve, who care all about the wrong colours.
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby aterford » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:08 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:We are mostly having problems because our players wont commit to Kovac and his ideas

Here's the problem.
What ideas? I have yet to see a single match where it's clear at all what kind of tactics Kovac is even TRYING to employ.

sch0ll7 wrote:Our back line is good...if we add Pavard we would have one of the best defensive lines out there.

I would like to believe this, but I'm just not convinced anymore. Been hearing for YEARS now how Hummels is WC CB, Boateng is WC, Alaba is WC LB, Kimmich WC RB, etc. Admittedly Süle is great but here's my problem: for years I have been hearing people talk about how our back line is as good as anyone's out there. I used to say as much. But I have to ask: if that's the case, why is it that it ALWAYS lets us down? Every time we come into a big match our defense lets us down in some way. It doesn't matter if it's Guardiola's tactics, Ancelotti's, Kovac's, even Heynckes' last season. You can ALWAYS count on our one-of-the-best-out-there backline not being up to snuff in big matches, regardless of the tactics. So...I want to believe this, but I just keep getting let down. I can't help but think we need at least another CB in addition to Pavard, and of course backup fullbacks if only to push Alaba and Kimmich.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:24 pm

What I'm pissed off is at the board. Any match that has Zwayer in it, the team should not even show up for the match in protest. Today there were 3 penalty calls and 2 should have been given. Anything that convicted bribe-recipient touches is shrouded in controversy. I'm totally fed up with this guy. I don't even care about our performance, if we had penalties they should have been given, no excuse now that we have VAR. I don't care if we had 6 shots on target, 1 (like Freiburg) or 500. We had 2 penalties. Or 3. That counts more, because the ref f**ked the match, wouldn't have been the same if he had given one of them, and we likely would have won.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:51 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Uli and Rummenigge care about not spending much while making as much as possible and being domestically successful at the same time. For them it's all fine for as long as Bayern don't lose the Bundesliga title or the Cup.

The CL is just "the cherry of the cake" for them. Just like the idiots from Südkurve, who care all about the wrong colours.

Well, they must care about everything! What kind of a German are you if you won't pay attention to maximum details? :mrgreen:

But if they want to play easy level, then let them be like that. I have no problem, but 2002-2009 period is smiling to us all over again.
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:54 pm

Fénix wrote:
IsiahRashad wrote:Uli and Rummenigge care about not spending much while making as much as possible and being domestically successful at the same time. For them it's all fine for as long as Bayern don't lose the Bundesliga title or the Cup.

Well, they must care about everything! What kind of a German are you if you won't pay attention to maximum details? :mrgreen:

But if they want to play easy level, then let them be like that. I have no problem, but 2002-2009 period is smiling to us all over again.

IsiahRashad

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Gabs » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:19 pm

Does anyone have kicker notes?
Gabs
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga