You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2020-02-09] Bayern Munich vs RB Leipzig

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:00 pm

Bayern Munich will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
RasenBallsport Leipzig will win
No votes

Total votes : 2

Re: [2020-02-09] Bayern Munich vs RB Leipzig

Postby Evan van Essen » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:38 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
sherpthederp wrote:Especially if we do actually land Dest in the summer. Having two young North Americans in the squad would be huge for marketing
Dest may still opt for the Dutch (fingers crossed he does)
I found out he has already made it clear he is going to play for the usa international team

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A5010 met Tapatalk
Evan van Essen
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby Fénix » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:07 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
sherpthederp wrote:Especially if we do actually land Dest in the summer. Having two young North Americans in the squad would be huge for marketing

Dest was born in the Netherlands to a Surinamese-American father and a Dutch mother, but has represented only the United States at youth and full international level. He represented the United States U-17s at the 2017 FIFA U-17 World Cup, and the United States U-20s at the 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup, where he played four matches.[5][6]

Dest debuted for the U.S. men's senior team on September 6, 2019, starting and playing 68 minutes in a 3–0 friendly loss against Mexico.[7] Dest chose to commit his international future to the United States at the senior level on October 28, 2019.[8]

Incredible that with a Surinamese-Dutch descent one can reject the possibility to play for the Dutch NT and play for the USA.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Jorge » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:32 pm

Fénix wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:

Dest was born in the Netherlands to a Surinamese-American father and a Dutch mother, but has represented only the United States at youth and full international level. He represented the United States U-17s at the 2017 FIFA U-17 World Cup, and the United States U-20s at the 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup, where he played four matches.[5][6]

Dest debuted for the U.S. men's senior team on September 6, 2019, starting and playing 68 minutes in a 3–0 friendly loss against Mexico.[7] Dest chose to commit his international future to the United States at the senior level on October 28, 2019.[8]

Incredible that with a Surinamese-Dutch descent one can reject the possibility to play for the Dutch NT and play for the USA.

Not incredible, the Dutch Federation gave him the cold shoulder all along. Even after breaking through the Ajax Academy he was still ignored. True that with the US he will have to play against some cricket islands on irregular fields but his path to regular international football, including World Cups is clear playing for the USA while a question mark if he commits to The Netherlands.
Then you have a generation of US players breaking through: Pulisic, Weston McKennie, Tyler Adams, Matt Miazga,, possibly Josh Sargent, Tim Weah, Gio Reyna, Barragan ... all is not as bad as it looks.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Postby aterford » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:10 pm

Personally I can't believe he rejected the chance to play for the Suriname NT. :wink:
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:48 am

Not sure if posted elsewhere or not, but here's a pretty good (IMO) analysis of the match tactics. Not my video, just found it interesting.

#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby r10 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:35 am

Jorge wrote:you have a generation of US players breaking through: Pulisic, Weston McKennie, Tyler Adams, Matt Miazga,, possibly Josh Sargent, Tim Weah, Gio Reyna, Barragan ... all is not as bad as it looks.
They should mix them with American girls :lol:.
r10
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Previous

Return to Bundesliga