You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-10-23] Bayern Munich vs Hoffenheim

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
TSG 1899 Hoffenheim will win
No votes

Total votes : 3

Re: [2021-10-23] Bayern Munich vs Hoffenheim

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:01 pm

Man Coman how he blew that first big chance, just to do it over a tad bid later with the clean finish.

I like the fact that a couple guys got some rest for the Gladbach game, but hate the fact that Kimmich got another full 90 minutes. Rest the damn man for once, or atleast sub him at the 60th..

Hernandez got the early rest for wednesday.

I saw we had a new player today, Timobert Wernerdowski. Hope Lewa gets his spot back in the next game instead of this choker in front of goal wednesday.

I like the fact that they didnt go full loco mode in the 2nd half and just kept if easy vibing.

Clean sheet, full stadium, couple goals, 3 points.. Good day.
Ottomeister87
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:10 pm

Now for something sad.

I wonder if this was Lucas' last match in a while :(
MUTU
Site Admin & Euro 2016, 2017/18, World Cup 2018 and Euro 2020 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & Euro 2016, 2017/18, World Cup 2018 and Euro 2020 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:28 pm

Dont think so, i actually think Nagelsmann subbed him off to rest for the BMG game and give Sule some minutes vs his old team. He has enough time to say goodbye to his wife and kid in the coming days and they will travel with him to Madrid anyway, he could actually fly straight from Dusseldorf after the game to Madrid...
Ottomeister87
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:14 pm

Evan van Essen wrote:Who would u guys currently prefer to start sabitzer or tolisso. I would argue tolisso.

I just don't understand why can't we extend his contract?

Is it because he doesn't want to extend? Or we simply don't want to give him another contract due to his never ending injuries?
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:18 pm

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:19 pm

MUTU wrote:Sofascore rated Lewandowski worst Bayern player today, even if you include ratings for subs.
Which leads you to understand that automatic ratings suck, right?
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bastos80 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:56 pm

Bayern ultras sure love bringing negative energy for absolutely no reason at all.
---------------Lewandowski
------------Sané - Müller - Gnabry
------------Goretzka - Kimmich
Davies - Hernández - Upamecano - Süle
--------------------Neuer
bastos80

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:59 pm

First match without social distancing and the fuckers are at it again.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:01 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
MUTU wrote:Sofascore rated Lewandowski worst Bayern player today, even if you include ratings for subs.

I missed the first half so I'm not in a position to judge Lewandowski's performance. I also understand that no rating system is infallible, but these algorithms are still the best thing we have, in my opinion.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:08 pm

MUTU wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:

I missed the first half so I'm not in a position to judge Lewandowski's performance. I also understand that no rating system is infallible, but these algorithms are still the best thing we have, in my opinion.
Nah. Goalimpact
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:18 pm

Goalimpact is fundamentally flawed. Let's take an example. There'd be a player, for the sake of the argument let's say Sarr. He's a bench player. In his first season, he's played in the Pokal against lower division clubs, and in matches against relegation-threatened clubs, basically matches Bayern would generally win heavily. Therefore it seems that whenever he plays, the team does really well and his Goalimpact shoots up.

In his second season, there's a bunch of injuries and he has to play even in the tough CL KO matches. What happens then is that his Goalimpact would go down quite a lot.

That said it is a valid and interesting approach to compare players who play regularly.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:25 pm

MUTU wrote:Goalimpact is fundamentally flawed. Let's take an example. There'd be a player, for the sake of the argument let's say Sarr. He's a bench player. In his first season, he's played in the Pokal against lower division clubs, and in matches against relegation-threatened clubs, basically matches Bayern would generally win heavily. Therefore it seems that whenever he plays, the team does really well and his Goalimpact shoots up.

In his second season, there's a bunch of injuries and he has to play even in the tough CL KO matches. What happens then is that his Goalimpact would go down quite a lot.
No man. Goalimpact adjusts for the quality of the opposition, similar to ELO (i think). Of course any system like this is imperfect by nature. But automated rating systems based on arbitrary in-game actions weighted god knows how is the weaker approach. Particularly because it ignores completely off-ball actions and fails to evaluate whether some dribble is useful or useless.

Case in point, compare Müller to Douglas Costa's historically ratings on whoscored
PunkCapitalist

Postby bastos80 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:27 pm

These algorithms are useless... would any sane coach ever base their decision about his line-up on these? you should ask yourself that question.
he got himself into dangerous positions time after time, that speaks for his quality and these ratings rarely ever capture things like that.
---------------Lewandowski
------------Sané - Müller - Gnabry
------------Goretzka - Kimmich
Davies - Hernández - Upamecano - Süle
--------------------Neuer
bastos80

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:19 pm

Seems Tolisso was PISSED at Lewa for being selfish with that big last chance, for not passing. Even after the game they were near each other, but didnt high five or whatever.
Ottomeister87
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:26 pm

bastos80 wrote:These algorithms are useless... would any sane coach ever base their decision about his line-up on these? you should ask yourself that question.
he got himself into dangerous positions time after time, that speaks for his quality and these ratings rarely ever capture things like that.

Base no, factor them in I'd say yes. Otherwise clubs would not be employing data scientists. Of course their data points are much greater than these publicly available ones because they have information pertaining to training and blood testing, but that doesn't make these algorithms useless.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga