You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2019-10-05] Bayern Munich vs Hoffenheim

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
67%
It will end in a draw
33%
TSG 1899 Hoffenheim will win
No votes

Total votes : 3

Re: [2019-10-05] Bayern Munich vs Hoffenheim

Postby sherpthederp » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:54 am

bmguy wrote:unbelievable that Tolissio had another error to goal :x

It’s taking quite a long time for him to regain form, really starting to worry me.
sherpthederp
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Manchu » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:15 am

sherpthederp wrote:
bmguy wrote:unbelievable that Tolissio had another error to goal :x

It’s taking quite a long time for him to regain form, really starting to worry me.

To be honest, I was never really very impressed with him. He was hyped very heavily because he's French and because he was our record transfer, but I don't feel he ever really demonstrated it on the pitch. He's the sort of midfielder who can grab goals, but he doesn't do enough to control the midfield, either defensively or when we have possession.

Goretzka has his own set of limitations, but I think he provides much more defensively, and generally the Thiago-Goretzka double pivot was excellent last season. Of course, so was the Thiago-Martinez double pivot.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby bmguy » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:58 am

Kovac has to rotate his squad in Bundesliga and Dfb cup and must improve our defense discipline, too many goals conceded, and we will pay a price in the next rounds of CL with this kind of defense. :roll:

I'm feeling that Coutinho are not as good as what people have said about him, yes it's too early to tell if it's worth to buy him permanently or not but I'm not impressed with how he deals with crowded defending teams. His average key pass is just 1.7 which is a bit too low for an assisting attacking position.
bmguy
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Vietnam

Postby #12 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:14 am

munchen99 wrote:
#12 wrote:
munchen99 wrote:To be honest I was expecting a draw or 1-0 win at most. It was obvious we would be getting CL hangover. However this performance was worse than expected. The main difference was physical sharpness between the teams. We could see Coutinho, Thiago even Tolisso getting bullied physically in the midfield. We needed Javi in there to add some steel in the mid.

Coutinho was wasteful but so was everyone else. Lewa scored but could've done more. Overall fatigued performance by the team. Wasn't hard to foresee a slump after that mid week game. However I would've like to see some player rotation, esp after a midweek CL game, put in Davies, Javi, Muller and Perisic at the start. Maybe Cuisance gets a chance too. Let's wait until next week.

Why? Because we had one more day to recover than Dortmund or Leipzig and played a way easier team than them? And at home? We simply aren’t allowed to lose at home to any of the shitty Bundesliga teams... Sorry for saying it but that’s just it!

Also, next week will be a thousand times better as there will be no game...

Mate- it's very common that once you have a match where you absolutely give it your all and dominate, there is a bit of a crash afterwards. And who made up the rule that "We simply aren’t allowed to lose at home to any of the shitty Bundesliga teams" lol... Dude this is sport there is always a chance to lose to someone weaker...That's what makes football exciting, otherwise what the hell is the point of watching anything! lol...

If you watched the match, things just weren't working out for us today, nothing was going well. Sometimes that's just the way it is.

"Absolutely dominate" - looks like all you saw on Thursday was thebresult yet you question ME watching yesterday’s game...
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby sherpthederp » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:44 am

Anybody else think swapping Perisic in killed our attacking from the flanks? I get that Coman was having a bad game, but at least he was beating his man consistently and putting crosses in. I don’t think I saw Ivan take on a single player or do anything beside passing back down the flank.
sherpthederp
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:01 pm

sherpthederp wrote:Anybody else think swapping Perisic in killed our attacking from the flanks? I get that Coman was having a bad game, but at least he was beating his man consistently and putting crosses in. I don’t think I saw Ivan take on a single player or do anything beside passing back down the flank.

I felt the same way. In my opinion I would never sub out Coman for Perisic but I would be okay with starting Perisic to sub in Coman if we find ourselves down in a match.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:25 pm

https://hlfc.vidstreamup.com/embed/8oaHIYIRZr

The major defensive problem since a long time is evident starting at 05:35. Pavard having a cup of coffee and a crossaint meanwhile Skov has all the time to pick and choose his pass. 6 Bayern players in line and nobody closing down Skov or the only real threat Adamyan.

Can Hernandez instill some of his defensive mentality to the rest of our players or will he turn like the rest of his team mates?

I am a broken record at this point. :)
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:30 pm

sherpthederp wrote:Anybody else think swapping Perisic in killed our attacking from the flanks? I get that Coman was having a bad game, but at least he was beating his man consistently and putting crosses in. I don’t think I saw Ivan take on a single player or do anything beside passing back down the flank.

Exactly why I think he’s not the player for us... Very decent finisher, acceptable crosser, no strength in one on ones... So yeah, you guessed it:

He's reverse Coman!
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:28 pm

America USA wrote:I’d like to see this starting eleven:

This should’ve been our starting eleven. Coman & Gnabry should’ve been rested and Coutinho was dire yesterday.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby munchen99 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:12 pm

#12 wrote:
munchen99 wrote:Mate- it's very common that once you have a match where you absolutely give it your all and dominate, there is a bit of a crash afterwards. And who made up the rule that "We simply aren’t allowed to lose at home to any of the shitty Bundesliga teams" lol... Dude this is sport there is always a chance to lose to someone weaker...That's what makes football exciting, otherwise what the hell is the point of watching anything! lol...

If you watched the match, things just weren't working out for us today, nothing was going well. Sometimes that's just the way it is.

"Absolutely dominate" - looks like all you saw on Thursday was thebresult yet you question ME watching yesterday’s game...

The f*k is this guy talking about :coffee: The tottenham game was essentially over @45 min onwards. They had a 15-20 min window at the start of the first half then it was all us. I don't know what dominate means to you but this is football, even against the worst teams there is some ebb and flow in dominance and possession...
munchen99
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby #12 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:28 am

If Tottenham had been half as clinical as we were it'd be easily 3-0 before it was 1-1... It was basically the whole first half...
Then we scored two within 3 minutes and 3 within like the last 8...

It’s easy to "dominate" when you lead comfortably... And we did not dominate and THUS take the lead - it was the other way around...
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

[2019-10-05] Bayern Munich vs Hoffenheim

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:54 pm

#12 wrote:If Tottenham had been half as clinical as we were it'd be easily 3-0 before it was 1-1... It was basically the whole first half...
Then we scored two within 3 minutes and 3 within like the last 8...

It’s easy to "dominate" when you lead comfortably... And we did not dominate and THUS take the lead - it was the other way around...

There is no what if in football, it’s either your clinical or not. I won’t sure remember or care for all the missed chances that could have saved the Hoffenheim fixture the same way with any other big game we have played but come up short cause of reasons.

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby #12 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:13 pm

That wasn’t the question though...

It’s basically the sane thing... We never dominate with Kovac unless we lead...
Kovac OUT!!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:27 pm

#12 wrote:We never dominate with Kovac unless we lead...

Try posting it in the Tottenham match thread instead please.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:52 pm

#12 wrote:That wasn’t the question though...

It’s basically the sane thing... We never dominate with Kovac unless we lead...

It doesn’t matter since the question is irrelevant. In the end of the day whether Tottenham has chances to win makes no difference as the result has already been decided. We lost to Hoffenheim even if we could or should have won as did Man City also lost Wolves even if they could have won.

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga