You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-08-24] Bayern Munich vs Hoffenheim

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
80%
It will end in a draw
20%
TSG 1899 Hoffenheim will win
No votes

Total votes : 5

Re: [2018-08-24] Bayern Munich vs Hoffenheim

Postby bastos80 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:41 pm

I think I'm already done with the season. See you next year I guess.
Sané ---- Lewandowski ---- Gnabry
Davies - Thiago - Kimmich - Dest
Hernández -- Alaba -- Upamecano
--------------- Neuer ----------------
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ollio » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:01 pm

bastos80 wrote:I think I'm already done with the season. See you next year I guess.

I'm with you mate. I'm okay with our playing basically, but man. All this bullshit and especially Coman's injury. I'm actually feeling depressed. Not quite the opener I was expecting.
Ollio
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Finland

Postby America USA » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:23 pm

Nagelsmann is Diego Simeone Part II :twisted:
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:44 pm

America USA wrote:Nagelsmann is Diego Simeone Part II :twisted:
Nagelsmann looked like a full grown child all stretched out. What the fuck was this metal pin between Nagelsmann's collar? He is looking like the leader of the circus arts course in college.
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:15 am

Ollio wrote:
bastos80 wrote:I think I'm already done with the season. See you next year I guess.

I'm with you mate. I'm okay with our playing basically, but man. All this bullshit and especially Coman's injury. I'm actually feeling depressed. Not quite the opener I was expecting.

The positive thing is that for once the injury happened when we're still able to act in the transfer market. I wouldn't exclude us making a last minute move, although don't expect a superstar. But really, almost anyone is better than Robbery over 90 minutes every game...

I disagree with those saying Bayern didn't play well. We did before Coman's injury and also near the end. Müller and Lewandowski have been doing well so far (unsurprising as it's pretty normal wjen they play behind/next to each other... Luckily Kovac sees that). I think Javi needs to he dropped from the starting lineup. Tolisso contributed a lot in the latter part of last season and Goretzka has also shown quite a bit so far. All in all things don't look too bleak so I'm not going to feel done with the season after an injury.

Given what's happened and assuming no transfers I think we should put James on the wings.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Ollio » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:24 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Ollio wrote:

The positive thing is that for once the injury happened when we're still able to act in the transfer market. I wouldn't exclude us making a last minute move, although don't expect a superstar. But really, almost anyone is better than Robbery over 90 minutes every game...

I disagree with those saying Bayern didn't play well. We did before Coman's injury and also near the end. Müller and Lewandowski have been doing well so far (unsurprising as it's pretty normal wjen they play behind/next to each other... Luckily Kovac sees that). I think Javi needs to he dropped from the starting lineup. Tolisso contributed a lot in the latter part of last season and Goretzka has also shown quite a bit so far. All in all things don't look too bleak so I'm not going to feel done with the season after an injury.

Given what's happened and assuming no transfers I think we should put James on the wings.

Yep, I was pretty happy with how we played. It's just hard to look like you're playing perfect football with Hoffenheim studs on your calfs and a donkey officiating the match. We lost the ball a couple times unnecessarily but it's the opener, a lot more positives than negatives imo.

The sad thing is that Coman looked immense. Hope he matches that performance when he recovers. He could be THE key player for us.
Ollio
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Finland

Postby shpati_L1 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:35 am

Thiago is our best DM and should always play as the deepest midfielder.
shpati_L1
2016/17 & 2012/13 Prediction Games Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Albania

Postby pyrasur » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:39 am

I tried to reflect carefully on the match though I was tempted to post quickly due to my anger about Hoffenheim's tackle on Coman.

1. Coman: As Achilles and a few others said, I would gladly trade the result of the game to get Coman back. My heart hurts to see the guy work so hard to come back, show such talent and then have it all cut short and his career and health endangered. I hope he makes a quick recovery and comes back strong.

2. Referees: I've been trying to watch a good replay of the Coman incident, and hopefully someone can find a good one because the match replay really only has the zoomed out match view and one from the side. It's a tough call for me to tell if the challenge was really that reckless or if it was simply an unlucky incident. I've watched it maybe 20 times, and I think it's a combination of reckless but not malevolent intent by Schulz to try and block a cross and bad luck on Coman to get tied up the way he did. I don't think Schulz is a nasty player, and missed nearly a year with cruciate injury himself from a bad tackle. Nevertheless, the way Dankert refereed the game basically signalled that Hoffenheim could continue to be aggressive physically. No one wants to see the league get soft, but the match should have been brought under control well before the foul, and Coman pays the price for Dankert's weakness. It also highlights that we miss Arturo Vidal. Maybe he wasn't where he was at his peak, but the others need to adopt the edge he had.

3. Müller: The bright spot of the game for me. Still wish his touch was on the level as his brain, but some of the moves he was a part of were brilliant, and his passing was rather decent. James still better in the position for me, but I'm hoping this is part of a trend and not a one-off.

4. Midfield: Thiago is brilliant at moving the ball around the field, and his internal timing and movement to put the opposition on the wrong foot is beautiful to watch. He belongs in that part of midfield. James needs to play at the 10. It's a race between Goretzka, Tolisso, and Sanches to complete that trio IMO.

5. Ribery: Bayern need to find a replacement for him. Not able to beat his man, at least not on the wing. Nevertheless, quite satisfying to see Hoffenheim downed by Ribery making a brilliant play to dive over Nordtveit. After the Coman injury, fuck Hoffenheim.

6. Boateng: Don't think him being beaten by Szalai was Boateng being as subpar as people are making it out to be. Martinez and Thiago nearly strip the ball from Bicakcic but he does brilliantly to fight the ball over to Szalai. Watch the replay of Szalai's goal and while he's a little lucky in the move he makes to get around Boateng, I think any center defender would be lucky to stop him.

7. Kovač: Glad the boss won the first match of the season. I think the team plays well under him.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Ollio » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:53 am

pyrasur wrote:2. Referees: I've been trying to watch a good replay of the Coman incident, and hopefully someone can find a good one because the match replay really only has the zoomed out match view and one from the side. It's a tough call for me to tell if the challenge was really that reckless or if it was simply an unlucky incident. I've watched it maybe 20 times, and I think it's a combination of reckless but not malevolent intent by Schulz to try and block a cross and bad luck on Coman to get tied up the way he did. I don't think Schulz is a nasty player, and missed nearly a year with cruciate injury himself from a bad tackle. Nevertheless, the way Dankert refereed the game basically signalled that Hoffenheim could continue to be aggressive physically. No one wants to see the league get soft, but the match should have been brought under control well before the foul, and Coman pays the price for Dankert's weakness. It also highlights that we miss Arturo Vidal. Maybe he wasn't where he was at his peak, but the others need to adopt the edge he had.

To be fair, I think Schulz just got outplayed by Coman and that ended up unfortunately in an injury. But he was hacked before that many times already, and we're lucky to get away with just one injury because of the constant fouling which the referee could not get under control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ollio
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Finland

Postby GoatHCW » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:19 am

Müller was great today, I’m sure a couple of his haters on this board will find something to bitch about

Thiago was great today, I’m sure a couple of his haters on this board will find something to bitch about

Only guy who played poorly today was Javi.
GoatHCW
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby America USA » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:14 am

GoatHCW wrote:Müller was great today, I’m sure a couple of his haters on this board will find something to bitch about

Thiago was great today, I’m sure a couple of his haters on this board will find something to bitch about

Only guy who played poorly today was Javi.

Just don’t play Mr. Bayern I’m the wings and play him centrally. However, I still think that we might have to sacrifice him to accommodate James AND one of Goretzka/Tolisso.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby aterford » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:21 am

There was also a studs-up challenge on Thiago, straight to the ankle, nowhere near the ball, and not even a yellow. And that was seconds after the same player stamped his other foot.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Manchu » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:20 am

1. Coman is significantly better on the right than he is on the left. Unfortunately, he's also injured for the foreseeable future.
2. Martinez just wasn't good enough when we had possession. He didn't move to open spaces and as a result our ball progression stalled big time. It's hard to justify him starting when he's such a burden 70% of the game. As a result, I'm more partial to starting like this when everyone is fit:

3. The referees can't allow teams to foul like that. The reds have to come out after a point. It's impossible to play possession football when the other team takes out one of our player every other play.
4. Muller was excellent; Lewandowski was much less so.
5. That Muller yellow card was one of the most ridiculous ones I've ever seen.
6. Ultimately, this game was something of a mess, but much less so than our opening game last season when we basically let Julian Brandt dismantle our defense for 45 minutes.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby aterford » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:38 am

Manchu wrote:1. Coman is significantly better on the right than he is on the left. Unfortunately, he's also injured for the foreseeable future.
2. Martinez just wasn't good enough when we had possession. He didn't move to open spaces and as a result our ball progression stalled big time. It's hard to justify him starting when he's such a burden 70% of the game. As a result, I'm more partial to starting like this when everyone is fit:

3. The referees can't allow teams to foul like that. The reds have to come out after a point. It's impossible to play possession football when the other team takes out one of our player every other play.
4. Muller was excellent; Lewandowski was much less so.
5. That Muller yellow card was one of the most ridiculous ones I've ever seen.
6. Ultimately, this game was something of a mess, but much less so than our opening game last season when we basically let Julian Brandt dismantle our defense for 45 minutes.

I agree on pretty much all counts.

I have long held the belief that our best XI has all three of James, Thiago, and Müller. As you've shown - with Thiago deeper, James more advanced, and Müller playing off the striker. Even in the past two seasons - when he's been largely derided as 'past it' and whatnot - Müller has a HUGE impact on Lewandowski's production. Simply put - Lewy is a much, much better player when Müller is there to play off of him. Having Müller playing behind the striker is literally worth 2/3rds a goal per game for Lewy compared to Müller not playing.

I would argue it's not just impossible to play *possession* football - it's impossible to play ANY football. It wouldn't have been that out of the question for Hoffenheim to finish with 9, even 8 men left on the pitch. And yeah - when you consider the things they were getting away with - Müller's yellow was absolutely laughable.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Coman » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:34 am

Martinez always useless.
Coman

National Flag:
France

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga