You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2019-08-16] Bayern Munich vs Hertha BSC

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
75%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Hertha BSC will win
25%

Total votes : 4

Re: [2019-08-16] Bayern Munich vs Hertha BSC

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:39 pm

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby sch0ll7 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:39 pm

I wont lie...we did try and play good most of the times. We put a lot of pressure on them and controled the game. But when in the final third we didnt have a clear plan what to do. We had no final pass and that mostly comes to our midfielders and wingers.

But Tolisso, Muller in midfield and Coman on that left wing...makes me throw my TV out of the window.

We had no midfield. Only Thiago did his job. Lewandowski had to come all the way back to create because Tolisso and Muller were so bad.
Coman was being..well Coman. He couldnt make the right thing if his life depended on it. When he had space to do something he was looking to pass.
When he had no space he tried to dribble. If he somehow got around his player, he stopped and tried to dribble him again. couldnt pass the ball and make a one-two. wtf really?
Gnabry on the other end did good and was always dangerous when in possession.

Tolisso, Muller and Coman 0
Everyone else did good. We were unlucky with conceding those goals, but to be honest those goals came because we made mistakes in midfield.
Sule looks like he is out of form or something, but Pavard is a nice surprise, he played really good in the opening matches.

Kovac did a solid job with tactics as we played well. but really bad with subs. Coman and Tolisso were really bad and had to be changed together with Muller.
But to be honest we really didnt have any depth. I couldnt think about anyone that would come in and made an impact, which means our bench is way worse than in recent years.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:40 pm

Mavs wrote:I don't get the hate re: this game.

We completely dominated. Even defensively, we were exposed just a couple of times, but having Pavard back there helps.

The 1st goal was completely fluky BS. The 2nd goal was just super unfortunate because Pavard got knocked in the head. It sucks. But if game flow/chances were any indication, we should've won this game 8-2.

The biggest disappointment is losing out on 3 points. But we played pretty well. Coman and Gnabry are so dangerous.

Tolisso doesn't look himself yet. And we lack depth. Sanches/Davies off the bench is underwhelming, unfortunately.

We were better and the refs were atrocious but I don’t feel like there was a chance that we should have definitely scored or were unlucky not to. Useless dominating your opponents if you can’t create real goalscoring opportunities.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby sherpthederp » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:44 pm

We completely dominated. Even defensively, we were exposed just a couple of times, but having Pavard back there helps.

The 1st goal was completely fluky BS. The 2nd goal was just super unfortunate because Pavard got knocked in the head. It sucks. But if game flow/chances were any indication, we should've won this game 8-2.

The biggest disappointment is losing out on 3 points. But we played pretty well. Coman and Gnabry are so dangerous.

Tolisso doesn't look himself yet. And we lack depth. Sanches/Davies off the bench is underwhelming, unfortunately.

The first goal itself was fluky but the run and shot weren’t, he had free reign to charge our back line and take an unpressured shot. The second one our back line was overrun and both CBs got caught flat footed on 1v1s and had no additional cover. They weren’t accidents they were systematic failures.

Also the subs this year are about on par for last year. Kovacs iconic “sub the biggest attacking threat while chasing a goal” tactic, incredibly effective.
sherpthederp
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby vtotheinay » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:45 pm

They’re 10 minutes away from drawing their first game too.

Well that settles it. We will face Barca in the CL final both with the treble on the line
vtotheinay
Woah, this feels cool!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby aterford » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:00 pm

I'm pretty sure our most threatening attack on goal in the second half was a run from Pavard, if that tells you the state of things lol
Operation ten Hag 2k20: Commence!
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Fénix » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:08 pm

We can't not to concede goals in the poor Bundesliga, we can't create chances and finish them in many occasions when we have them, German referees became garbage in this decade and now they act against Bayern to justify the epithet of how bad they became. :D

3 offical games, 5 conceded goals, 1 defeat, 1 victory, 1 draw.

We are living in very crazy and fickt up football times. :D
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:13 pm

Finally some sense
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Hardrade » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:15 pm

ramsej84 wrote:

Finally some sense

Hardrade
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby r10 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:20 pm

The bench:
Davies, Singh, Mai, Will, Wriedt.
I that Serie B team?
r10
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Poland

Postby r10 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:26 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:very few examples of the champions in all of the big leagues having not won their first game. I don’t remember the exact number but I think back then it was just one (Barca iirc) in about 10 years.
On the contrary, there is long list of World Champions loosing their first match at the World Cup.
r10
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Poland

Postby MoFattal » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:41 pm

I love how Kovac keeps sending in Renato and Davies in the last 5-10 minutes expecting to change the outcome of a game. But yeah, we do not need a big squad.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby sherpthederp » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:46 pm

MoFattal wrote:I love how Kovac keeps sending in Renato and Davies in the last 5-10 minutes expecting to change the outcome of a game. But yeah, we do not need a big squad.
to be fair, Davies did potentially change the outcome of the game, Gnabry was really dangerous before he came off. Davies pretty much guaranteed that we would not score from the right.
sherpthederp
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MaCk0y » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:04 pm

The good old 'keep running backwards and do nothing until in penalty area' tactic is still going strong. The only player who tried to tackle Lukebakio was Mueller and it was a pathetic attempt at that. #-o

We don't have any finishers except for Lewa.

How about the second goal that came from a foul on Pavard? So Pavard headed the ball and Grujic challenged late and headed his face instead. Then Pavard, who was dizzy, couldn't continue the run against him who in the end scored. Like seriously, nobody has any problems with this? Imagine if Pavard cleared with his feet and the Grujic came in late with a sliding tackle. He would have been booked but because the challenge was with his head, then it's not a foul? It was accidental but still a foul.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby r10 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:07 pm

For 90 minutes of tonight game I had an impression we could play well with James for Mueller, that's it.
r10
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Poland

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga