You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-08-31] Bayern Munich vs Hertha Berlin

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:14 pm

Bayern Munich will win
86%
Bayern get their third draw in a row
14%
Hertha make it 3 away wins against Bayern in 45 years
No votes

Total votes : 7

[2008-08-31] Bayern Munich vs Hertha Berlin

Postby MUTU » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:14 pm

1 close shave in the cup against a lowly team and 2 Bundesliga draws are not exactly a dream start for a club with ambitions like Bayern. Against Hertha, things will hopefully be better. The players who were lacking form have some match practice from the Dortmund match (esp. Toni and Borowski) whilst Demichelis may be back at the heart of defence.

On the negative side, Van Bommel will be suspended following his dismissal in the match against Dortmund.

Bayern have only lost twice in the Bundesliga at home to Hertha Berlin in the last 45 years. Let's have some courage!

This is the formation I'd like to see:
Rensing - Jansen, Lucio, Demichelis, Lahm - Ze Roberto, Borowski, Kroos, Schweinsteiger - Toni, Podolski

I don't want to see Lell again. I've had enough of him. If Jansen is not fit to play, then I believe that Lahm should play on the left and Altintop should play as RB. He's played there often enough, including at Euro 2008.
Last edited by MUTU on Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ballackfcb » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:55 pm

On the negative side, Van Bommel will be suspended following his dismissal in the match against Dortmund

No, On the POSITIVE side, vanbommel will be suspened and it is good because we will finish the gamw with 11 players.

I would like to see Butt, Jansen, Demichlies, lucio, Lahm, Altintop, Zeroberto, Borowski, Schweinsteiger, sosa and Toni. 451 formation.
ballackfcb
2013/14 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby FCBinNYC » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:07 pm

Yeah, Lell hasn't been great, though I thought he was better against Dortmund than against Hamburg. I definitely want Poldi and Borowski in the starting lineup. No question about that. As for the wings, who knows who'll start. Maybe Sosa, now that he's back?
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:58 pm

Lol Ballackfcb you don't seem to like Van Bommel much ;)

Interesting that you put in Butt in your lineup. However I have no news on whether he's recovered from his sprain. I would think so, but I haven't heard anything in some time and the last I read about him he was injured.

Injured or not, though, I don't think he'll play. Rensing is our #1.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby walter » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:38 am

On a different note, I watched Brazil-Argentina in the Olympics and I must say Breno looked just awful. He made several mistakes that I doubt even Van Buyten would have made. I also watched a few of the Argentina games and even though Sosa didn't get much playing time he didn't impress at all, on the contrary, he was responsible for the team loosing possession several times. I wonder if these two signings, which in theory were two great prospects from two of the greatest football nations, are pretty much a Nigerian scam... After all we did pay a considerable amount for two prospects.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby MUTU » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:47 am

walter wrote:On a different note, I watched Brazil-Argentina in the Olympics and I must say Breno looked just awful. He made several mistakes that I doubt even Van Buyten would have made. I also watched a few of the Argentina games and even though Sosa didn't get much playing time he didn't impress at all, on the contrary, he was responsible for the team loosing possession several times. I wonder if these two signings, which in theory were two great prospects from two of the greatest football nations, are pretty much a Nigerian scam... After all we did pay a considerable amount for two prospects.

That's sad. Breno played every minute of the Brazil matches and if I'm not mistaken they kept clean sheets in all but one match, and he also had a goal disallowed in the first match. I haven't seen any matches but I would have assumed that Breno played well. Perhaps he had an off-match against Argentina? It was the only match they conceded goals in, and one of them was a penalty for a foul by Breno himself.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ballackfcb » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:37 pm

Yeah I agree MUTU I don't think Butt will play but I think Rensing should command his goal better in the way that oliver kahn did. I would have butt as the number 1 for the champions league and rensing for the bundesliga. :)
ballackfcb
2013/14 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: [2008-08-31] Bayern Munich vs Hertha Berlin

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:28 pm

MUTU wrote:1 close shave in the cup against a lowly team and 2 Bundesliga draws are not exactly a dream start for a club with ambitions like Bayern. Against Hertha, things will hopefully be better. The players who were lacking form have some match practice from the Dortmund match (esp. Toni and Borowski) whilst Demichelis may be back at the heart of defence.

On the negative side, Van Bommel will be suspended following his dismissal in the match against Dortmund.

Bayern have only lost twice in the Bundesliga at home to Hertha Berlin in the last 45 years. Let's have some courage!

This is the formation I'd like to see:
Rensing - Jansen, Lucio, Demichelis, Lahm - Ze Roberto, Borowski, Kroos, Schweinsteiger - Toni, Podolski

I don't want to see Lell again. I've had enough of him. If Jansen is not fit to play, then I believe that Lahm should play on the left and Altintop should play as RB. He's played there often enough, including at Euro 2008.

Your preferred formation is no longer possible unfortunately :!: :( And we lost Altintop also. :(
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:52 pm

Don't remind me we have to put up with Lell :( I hope Sagnol recovers quickly!
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MrLinky » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:47 am

@ MUTU

Lell or Sagnol is like chossing between a cold or a virus so to speak lol .
Sagnol isnt the player he used to be a couple of years ago and Lell just doesnt have what it takes to make the difference in important matches for a giant like Bayern .
Lets just hope Klinsmann figures somethin out and we get the 3 points in this home match .
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:23 am

MrLinky wrote:Lell or Sagnol is like chossing between a cold or a virus so to speak lol .

A cold IS a virus :P
But I understand what you're saying. However I still have faith that Sagnol will return to his former glory if he can avoid injuries for a while.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:05 am

I don't know why you don't like Lell. Yes, ok, he didn't play brilliantly in the last 2 games but he does well more often than not.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby MUTU » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:53 am

mackoy wrote:I don't know why you don't like Lell. Yes, ok, he didn't play brilliantly in the last 2 games but he does well more often than not.

The only thing I like about him is his acceleration and pace. But he's:

- tactically inept (is often found in the wrong position)
- prone to mistakes (such as a critical misplaced pass)
- tackling isn't great
- fouls too much (he's a bit dirty)
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MrLinky » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:18 pm

MUTU wrote:
MrLinky wrote:Lell or Sagnol is like chossing between a cold or a virus so to speak lol .

A cold IS a virus :P
But I understand what you're saying. However I still have faith that Sagnol will return to his former glory if he can avoid injuries for a while.

I always thought they have some significant differences , I might
be wrong though , anyway doesnt matter we're not on a 'difference between virus and cold forum' :lol: .

I seriously doubt that Sagnol is ever gonna play like he used to , he's
just been struggling with too many injuries , very lethargic play and body
language .
Wanna know my prediction ? .. He'll play 15 games this year , his awful
form will continue and he's gonna be sold to a team like Blackburn
or somethin .

My nickname is 'The Fortune Teller' :lol: :P
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:23 pm

I think we can expect Oddo to start this match.

I think the formation will be:
Rensing - Lahm, Lucio, Demichelis, Oddo - Ze Roberto, Kroos/Ottl, Borowski, Schweinsteiger - Toni, Klose/Podolski
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Next

Return to Bundesliga