You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-08-31] Bayern Munich vs Hertha Berlin

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:14 pm

Bayern Munich will win
86%
Bayern get their third draw in a row
14%
Hertha make it 3 away wins against Bayern in 45 years
No votes

Total votes : 7

Re: [2008-08-31] Bayern Munich vs Hertha Berlin

Postby shwas55 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:25 pm

I doubt that, i dont think we will make the semis with no DM or AM
I think we will make the 1/4 finals, i hope im wrong but it just hard to see us in the semis this year
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:40 pm

MUTU wrote:I didn't get to see the match as I was at the beach. Seems like I missed a really good game! It appears that the team has finally clicked, and that 3-5-2 seemed well. Also, we managed to finish the match with 10 men :mrgreen:

Highlights of the match available here

You missed the best match of the season so far . :D
They really looked comfortable with the 3-5-2 , which is a really useful formation against most of the teams that come to the
Allianz-Arena and just look to hold up the 0-0 , because of the upcoming full back's we always have one more player on the
offense with this tactic .
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:48 pm

MrLinky wrote:You missed the best match of the season so far . :D

Yeah, tell me about it :(
But at least I had a good swim :wink:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MrLinky » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:54 pm

shwas55 wrote:I doubt that, i dont think we will make the semis with no DM or AM
I think we will make the 1/4 finals, i hope im wrong but it just hard to see us in the semis this year

With a good draw , and a tiny bit of luck Im sure we can make it to the semi's .
But its early to talk about this , first we have to pass the group stage which is gonna be very hard too with
Fiorentina and Lyon in our group .
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby MrLinky » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:14 pm

MUTU wrote:
MrLinky wrote:You missed the best match of the season so far . :D

Yeah, tell me about it :(
But at least I had a good swim :wink:

You were on the beach in September ? :shock:
Where's that possible in Europe ?
And do planes fly to over there ? :lol:
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:20 pm

MrLinky wrote:You were on the beach in September ? :shock:
Where's that possible in Europe ?
And do planes fly to over there ? :lol:

Of course :) The sea temperature in Malta (where I live) is 26°C and the air temperature (measured in the shade) is 30°C. It's still very good for swimming!
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:48 pm

9 months out of 12 is Summer here!
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re:

Postby Jorge » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:42 pm

MrLinky wrote:
walter wrote:I was sweating when Klose came up to take the PK, I hope he has really broken that weird Voodoo jinx that's got him in the last few months.

L :D L me too , but I loved the situation when Schweini picked up the ball
to take the second penalty kick too , but then Luca went over to him ,
said something to him and Schweini decided to pass the ball over to
Klose telling him u take it .
Just shows that they're not just team-mates but friends too , which
is very important for a team to be successful .

Actually it did not happen that way. Klose had been told that if there was another PK he was going to take it, so he picked up the ball after Ze was fouled in the area, but when he started to walk towards the spot he looked at the sideline and saw the sub-sign with his number held up and threw the ball in disbelieve, then Toni actually took the ball to take the penalty himself but Schweini took it from him, gave it back to Klose and signaled the sideline to hold the substitution until the PK was taken.

As for the rest of the match it was impressive, Lahm and ZE stole the show but Schweini put a great performance in Central Midfield (I wander if Klinsmann is thinking about using him on the center instead of the wings if he sticks to this 3-5-2) Demichelis was superb alternating between CD and helping as a DM (actually is refreshing to see how he and Lucio can get loose so often when there are 3 CD's on the formation), Toni had another of his games and even Klose showed a lot of good runs to open spaces, luck is still not with him.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Åland Islands

Re: Re:

Postby MUTU » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:50 pm

Jorge wrote:Schweini put a great performance in Central Midfield (I wander if Klinsmann is thinking about using him on the center instead of the wings if he sticks to this 3-5-2)

Hmm... that position in the 3-4-1-2 that was played seems like a position for a #10, and Kroos is predestined for that position. I'm not sure if it would be a good idea to start grooming him in that position already.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Previous

Return to Bundesliga