You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-08-31] Bayern Munich vs Hertha Berlin

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:14 pm

Bayern Munich will win
86%
Bayern get their third draw in a row
14%
Hertha make it 3 away wins against Bayern in 45 years
No votes

Total votes : 7

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:46 pm

MUTU wrote:I think we can expect Oddo to start this match.

I think the formation will be:
Rensing - Lahm, Lucio, Demichelis, Oddo - Ze Roberto, Kroos/Ottl, Borowski, Schweinsteiger - Toni, Klose/Podolski

Quote from the official website:

"Oddo is likely to make his debut after the forthcoming break for international matches when FCB travel to face promoted FC Köln in the Bundesliga."
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby walter » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:25 pm

I would like to see Borowski playing CM and not as an attacking mifielder shifted to a side...I never liked the 2 CDM formation with two AM-wingers...One CDM (Ze or Ottl), with Borowski playing a little further up would be great (like frings/Ballack in the national team)...
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby shwas55 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:18 pm

I hope Van Bommel never returns we actually playing some good football 3:0 go Bayern
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby shwas55 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:31 pm

make that 4:0, i hope this doesnt make the board any signing they have planned in the last day of the transfer period, im really waiting for a juicy announcement after that match
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:58 pm

Quote from the commentator:-

"Bayern Munich are winning comfortably 4-1 even though without their CAPTAIN Mark Van Bommel. They are playing better without him to be honest!"
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:04 pm

mackoy wrote:Quote from the commentator:-

"Bayern Munich are winning comfortably 4-1 even though without their CAPTAIN Mark Van Bommel. They are playing better without him to be honest!"

How true !

Great game by the whole team , with Lahm and Ze standing out with marvellous performances .
A big YES to Klose , after 600 min his first goal , Im optimistic he'll be
returning to his former best .
Looks like Klinsmann's concept is starting to effect the players and their
performances , finally !
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby walter » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:04 pm

HAHAHAHAHA Awesome!!!! they did look good today with that 3-5-2 formation. Lahm gets to play his natural position of wing back.
I was sweating when Klose came up to take the PK, I hope he has really broken that weird Voodoo jinx that's got him in the last few months.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:09 pm

walter wrote:

HAHAHAHAHA Awesome!!!! they did look good today with that 3-5-2 formation. Lahm gets to play his natural position of wing back.
I was sweating when Klose came up to take the PK, I hope he has really broken that weird Voodoo jinx that's got him in the last few months.

Yeah. I tought he was gonna miss! He was really unlucky before the penalty when he hit the post just 2 meters away from the goal line!
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby MrLinky » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:12 pm

walter wrote:I was sweating when Klose came up to take the PK, I hope he has really broken that weird Voodoo jinx that's got him in the last few months.

L :D L me too , but I loved the situation when Schweini picked up the ball
to take the second penalty kick too , but then Luca went over to him ,
said something to him and Schweini decided to pass the ball over to
Klose telling him u take it .
Just shows that they're not just team-mates but friends too , which
is very important for a team to be successful .
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby likma » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:39 pm

MrLinky wrote:but I loved the situation when Schweini picked up the ball
Yes, that was great moment. :D
likma
Getting the hang of it

Postby MunchenFC » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:54 am

likma wrote:
MrLinky wrote:but I loved the situation when Schweini picked up the ball
Yes, that was great moment. :D

yah it was one of my favorite games to be honest as bayern fan
they played so fluent and crisp
schwieny,toni, lahm, klose scored all among my fav players
that game was stellar
so enjoyable watching
i know people on this forum have seen me saying there gonna win the champions league if they play like thsi aginst europes best i dnt see how anyone could doubt it
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Re: [2008-08-31] Bayern Munich vs Hertha Berlin

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:07 pm

Well, at least Bayern are now winning again, like they should. :lol: It's a bit sad that Rensing hasn't managed to keep a clean sheet ever since he became No.1 Keeper though, even if he has never lost in the Bundesliga.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:07 pm

I didn't get to see the match as I was at the beach. Seems like I missed a really good game! It appears that the team has finally clicked, and that 3-5-2 seemed well. Also, we managed to finish the match with 10 men :mrgreen:

Highlights of the match available here
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:09 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:It's a bit sad that Rensing hasn't managed to keep a clean sheet ever since he became No.1 Keeper though, even if he has never lost in the Bundesliga.

It's not really his fault. The defence has let him down on too many an occasion. When a clinical finisher like Pantelic runs through on goal like that, there's nothing much that the keeper can do.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:15 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Hopefully we'll reach at least the semi-finals in the Champion's League, since we haven't reached semis since 2001. Although, that will be a bit hard, seeing as we weren't in the competition last year.

Perhaps not being in the competition last season will work to our advantage, as the players are even hungrier than usual for CL success this season.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga