You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-02-24] Bayern Munich vs. Hamburger SV

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

The result of the Bayern Munich & Hamburger match will be a ...

Bayern Victory
75%
Draw
25%
Hamburger Defeat
No votes

Total votes : 4

[2008-02-24] Bayern Munich vs. Hamburger SV

Postby Miss Dangerous » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:50 pm

Image VS. Image

Hamburg's trip to Bayern Munich on Sunday could spell the end of one of the Bundesliga's most enduring managerial battles.

The coaches of both clubs are set to leave for pastures new at the end of the season with Bayern boss Ottmar Hitzfeld taking the reins of Switzerland, while Hamburg's Huub Stevens is heading to PSV Eindhoven.

Acknowledged as two of the Bundesliga's most astute coaches in recent times, Hitzfeld has won the league six times with two different clubs while Stevens, despite not actually winning the Bundesliga, has taken clubs like Hertha Berlin, Schalke and Hamburg to the brink of glory on limited resources... Team Talk
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby elcalifornio » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:18 am

This is the real test for Bayern. This game will determine the form the team is actually in. Ribery looks like he might be back for this one and Van Der Vaart too. The key will be if they can make mid-field plays into the strikers and avoid big defensive blunders. They made mistakes against both Aberdeen and 96.
elcalifornio
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:32 pm

Click on the link http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?match ... art=sports to find out where you can watch the match live. The best channel is GolTV; good quality and english commentary.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:16 pm

It`s going to be great if Ribéry will play tonight, because without him.. we find it so hard to score. despite our 5 goals against Aberdeen, since Hamburg is a different game. Schweinsteiger is not at his best form in such a long time now, and Altintop is not a winger (IMO) so, I hope Hitzfeld will play Sosa this time as a starter to give him a chance. Podolski as well.. for his good performance in the UEFA Cup. I`m not sure if we should play Kroos.. since he still young for such a big games! :D

------------------------------Kahn----------------------------
----Jansen-----------Lucio---------Van Buyten-----Lahm--
-----Sosa-------Van Bommel------Zé Roberto-----Ribéry--
-----------------------Toni--------------Klose---------------
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:28 pm

Miss Dangerous...!! wrote:It`s going to be great if Ribéry will play tonight, because without him.. we find it so hard to score. despite our 5 goals against Aberdeen, since Hamburg is a different game. Schweinsteiger is not at his best form in such a long time now, and Altintop is not a winger (IMO) so, I hope Hitzfeld will play Sosa this time as a starter to give him a chance. Podolski as well.. for his good performance in the UEFA Cup. I`m not sure if we should play Kroos.. since he still young for such a big games! :D

------------------------------Kahn----------------------------
----Jansen-----------Lucio---------Van Buyten-----Lahm--
-----Sosa-------Van Bommel------Zé Roberto-----Ribéry--
-----------------------Toni--------------Klose---------------

I would use the same formation except for Ribery and Klose and replace them with Schweinsteiger and Podolski respectively.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:59 pm

FT Score: Bayern Munich 1-1 Hamburger SV

Scorers: Olic 60', Roberto 66'

Lucio made a mistake which resulted in Hamburg scoring but everyone makes mistakes! What about Van Bommel? He surely is an idiot lol. He was caught red handed by the ref himself! But the thing I am not agreeing most is with Hitzelf's decisions. He could have brought Podolski 10 minutes earlier and why didn't he use the third substitution?
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby FCBinNYC » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:21 pm

I didn't get to see the game, but I have to say I'm not really surprised with the result since Hamburg has been a pain in the ass for us these past couple seasons. Was Van Bom sent off with a straight red or was it 2 yellows? That makes a big difference, looks like Ottl's gonna get a little run in the side. (If he plays like he did against Aberdeen I'm ok with that.)
At least Bremen lost yesterday, if they had won I'd be a lot more disappointed right now, but instead that could prove to be a crucial point, especially seeing as we go to Gelsenkirchen next weekend. Hopefully we can get a first win in the Veltins Arena v Schalke, that would be huge seeing as after that the only REAL potential problem games we have left are Leverkusen and Stuttgart, both at home.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:36 pm

Van Bommel started protesting against the referee because of a throw in he didn't favour Bayern. The ref showed him a yellow card. Then VBM started clapping in front of the ref but the latter did nothing and I thought to myself that he was very lucky not be booked again. After the ref turned around VBM made an idiotic sign and the ref turned around again in the nick of time to see VBM's stupidness. He brandished him a red card and VBM went straight to the dressing room furious with himself. At least he realised he made a big mistake.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby MUTU » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:52 am

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Return to Bundesliga