You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2020-09-18] Bayern Munich vs FC Schalke 04

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
FC Schalke 04 will win
No votes

Total votes : 10

Re: [2020-09-18] Bayern Munich vs FC Schalke 04

Postby vtotheinay » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:38 am

Definitely don't want to see Sane starting yet. I think he needs a few more weeks which is totally understandable considering he's just now playing his first full matches in over a year. He was gassed out by half time in the 2nd game of the nations league. I'd like to see him get a run out of 30 mins or so his first couple appearances and then slowly bump him up to the starting role
vtotheinay
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:27 am

I don't understand why Sane is so tired. He was back in full training on 28th January 2020. What's this then, every time he's out injured he needs over 8 months to get physically fit (not talking about form)?

Why, was he lazy and not train at all during the Coronavirus break or after Bayern bought him? It is really unprofessional from him that he's not in topmost physical fitness at the moment.

We saw Goretzka take the Coronavirus break as an opportunity to get totally pumped and Sané did Jack shit for almost 8 months?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:44 am

Can we just give him a chance?
Also, I won't start him vs those bastards I fear they would want to give him a welcome back beating especially since he is a former player.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:49 am

ramsej84 wrote:Can we just give him a chance?
Also, I won't start him vs those bastards I fear they would want to give him a welcome back beating especially since he is a former player.

He's had a chance for 228 days. Usually, after suffering his injury, 2 weeks is enough for players to be fit enough to play a full 90 mins. Meanwhile, 228 days after starting full training this guy can't run for more than a half?! Don't you get how unprofessional this is? I mean on day 1 of him being back back in full training I would expect him to be fit enough to last even more than 45 mins of running. It's clear he has not been training, like at all.

PS: also please stop calling them 'bastards'. It was unwarranted and a childish insult.

Can't see tweet? Click here!
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:33 am

'bastards'... childish ????
Rest assured that you will call them worse things when they start manhandling our players from the very first whistle.
That is one of the tactics to install fear and to make us lose confidence not only in the player involved but also to the whole team.

Yes give him a chance to play a meaningful game first and not those useless games for the NT.. who d f cares about the NT friendlies especially when the local champs haven't even started yet... uefa and fifa should be ashamed for staging those games and to add insult to injury only three subs were allowed instead of five! [-X
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tuscanybayern » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:37 am

Sané has not played a single 90' game in a year, I think he's exaggerating and using the Nations League the way he would use a summer tour in the US with Bayern - to get full matchday fitness but no point in playing full 90' and rushing things.
tuscanybayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:41 am

ramsej84 wrote:'bastards'... childish ????
Rest assured that you will call them worse things when they start manhandling our players from the very first whistle.
That is one of the tactics to install fear and to make us lose confidence not only in the player involved but also to the whole team.

Yes give him a chance to play a meaningful game first and not those useless games for the NT.. who d f cares about the NT friendlies especially when the local champs haven't even started yet... uefa and fifa should be ashamed for staging those games and to add insult to injury only three subs were allowed instead of five! [-X

No I don't and stop your prejudices.

This is the best UEFA international tournament in terms of competitivity, not friendlies. If they were useless why were you crying at Malta losing against the Faroe Islands?

Also, what does that have to do with anything? The point is that an athlete who was able to train fully for 228 days should be able to run for 90 minutes. This has nothing to do with his performance, I'm talking purely from a physical aspect.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:07 pm

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:'bastards'... childish ????

No I don't and stop your prejudices.

This is the best UEFA international tournament in terms of competitivity, not friendlies. If they were useless why were you crying at Malta losing against the Faroe Islands?

Also, what does that have to do with anything? The point is that an athlete who was able to train fully for 228 days should be able to run for 90 minutes. This has nothing to do with his performance, I'm talking purely from a physical aspect.
Cause for us every game counts
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby vtotheinay » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:47 am

If you've never played a sport at a high level I guess it's hard to understand, but when you're out with injury for an extended period it doesn't matter how much conditioning work you do. Until you start playing games again you won't get back into full fitness. There's just nothing you can do workout wise that replicates the load your body takes playing a full match especially when you're coming off a serious injury.
vtotheinay
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:24 am

vtotheinay wrote:If you've never played a sport at a high level I guess it's hard to understand, but when you're out with injury for an extended period it doesn't matter how much conditioning work you do. Until you start playing games again you won't get back into full fitness. There's just nothing you can do workout wise that replicates the load your body takes playing a full match especially when you're coming off a serious injury.

Then how come players who are out for a long time often manage to play 90 minutes in their first match back after some 10-14 days of training? I mean what, had Sané decided to retire, he wouldn't be able to go jogging for longer than 45 minutes ever, because his body is only somehow able to get fitness through matches?

What you're talking about may be true, but only from a matter of psychology not biology. In a nutshell, they would be lazy to do stuff (training) that are not the real thing (matches). But a real professional would have used the two-thirds-of-a-year injury-free period to his body's advantage.

You need much more evidence to prove to me that only unprofessionalism has led to Sané not being by far the most physically fit player in the squad.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby vtotheinay » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:31 am

MUTU wrote:
vtotheinay wrote:If you've never played a sport at a high level I guess it's hard to understand, but when you're out with injury for an extended period it doesn't matter how much conditioning work you do. Until you start playing games again you won't get back into full fitness. There's just nothing you can do workout wise that replicates the load your body takes playing a full match especially when you're coming off a serious injury.

Then how come players who are out for a long time often manage to play 90 minutes in their first match back after some 10-14 days of training? I mean what, had Sané decided to retire, he wouldn't be able to go jogging for longer than 45 minutes ever, because his body is only somehow able to get fitness through matches?

What you're talking about may be true, but only from a matter of psychology not biology. In a nutshell, they would be lazy to do stuff (training) that are not the real thing (matches). But a real professional would have used the two-thirds-of-a-year injury-free period to his body's advantage.

You need much more evidence to prove to me that only unprofessionalism has led to Sané not being by far the most physically fit player in the squad.

What players have you seen play a full 90 at full capacity with 1.5 years away after something as serious as an ACL tear? It's not psychology, it's just that running sprints and doing cardio isn't the same as replicating all the explosive movements and constant sharp movements and quick bursts you make throughout a game. I'm not saying he can't get fitness through matches only, but to be able to build up to playing a full 90 with the intensity expected for our style of play is going to take time.

I played professional basketball and dealt with tearing my MCL in my knee twice. Both times I was out for 7-8 months and I worked my ass off to get back. Ran sprints, did cardio, lifted weights, everything to get back in shape but at the end of the day my first few weeks back in scrimmages and games my legs were dead before the games were over. I've seen many teammates and experienced it firsthand so I can never fault a player for being out of shape in their first few games back after a serious injury like Sane's. I get why you criticize him, but I promise it's not as easy as just working your ass off in the recovery period to be fit to play full matches right out the gate. It truly takes time to get mentally and physically back into match shape
vtotheinay
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:07 am

I know what you're saying as well, but you'd figure that in such a high level one would be given training exercises to replicate the stresses in a match. Also, they're always playing in training, it shouldn't be much different from a physical point of view.

Let me answer your question with one of my own: which professional footballer do you know who took this long between being back in training and being fit enough to last 90 minutes on the pitch? Because I can't think of one.

PS: do you still play basketball or are you retired now?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

[2020-09-18] Bayern Munich vs FC Schalke 04

Postby #12 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:10 pm

MUTU wrote:

Dude please stop the fake news... With the exception for very MINOR injuries, we NEVER have players even making the squad before training for 4-5 weeks...

But yes, he should be able to play longer by now...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby vtotheinay » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:35 pm

MUTU wrote:I know what you're saying as well, but you'd figure that in such a high level one would be given training exercises to replicate the stresses in a match. Also, they're always playing in training, it shouldn't be much different from a physical point of view.

Let me answer your question with one of my own: which professional footballer do you know who took this long between being back in training and being fit enough to last 90 minutes on the pitch? Because I can't think of one.

PS: do you still play basketball or are you retired now?

The workouts and everything are intense and are similar, but there's nothing like playing in actual games. Something about it is just different regardless of all the working out you do. I don't know any who came off an ACL tear and was able to play a full 90 straightaway. Even the ones that came back and started their first match usually only played the first half or 60 mins. Sane played 63 mins on thursday before being too tired and then 2 days later played another 45 mins before being gassed. I think that's a pretty fair place to be in fitness wise for his first 2 matches back.

I stopped playing 2 years ago after suffering a 22 cm complete quad tear, but I've stayed in shape as well as I can the past year or so. I have a couple teams showing interest for this season. We'll see what happens but I'm getting old and been through a lot of serious injuries (knee, achilles, calf, quad, back). Turning 28 this week :lol:
vtotheinay
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:18 am

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga