You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-08-22] Bayern Munich vs FC Köln

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
1. FC Köln will win
No votes

Total votes : 4

Re: [2021-08-22] Bayern Munich vs FC Köln

Postby Alexander » Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:08 pm

CiriacoS wrote:I got a telephone call right after Gnabry scored so I went away for 3 minutes....just to come back and see they levelled. I mean you can not wright it. Its amazing. How is that even possible for a team like Bayern.

I like Sule very much but I think his inconsistency will make it impossible for him. When at the the highest level he is a beast. But at a moments like today when we have almost killed the game against lesser opposition he just tends to turn off. You are looking at him and he just looks like running around like in a park. I think Hernandez will become the permanent partner of Upamecano.

We lack a proper RB. Stanisic has potential but he is not there yet for us. He lacks primarily physical strength for a back. He is too easily displaced and he looses the ball way to often. He should be loaned out immediately.

We will have problem with Kimmich/Goretzka midfield. They rely too much on strength and they look gassed out, especially Goretzka after 60-70 minutes. We just completely loose control in midfield. We need guy like Sabitzer and we need to keep Tolisso. Actually Thiago is the guy we miss the most.

Gnabry MUST play on the right and Sane on the left. No other alternative. That is a must.

I think Upamecano is a lot like Sule with mixing great defending with horrible misses. Regarding Kimmich/Goretzka I agree they are not at their best. Stanisic lost the ball quite often but maybe he can rotate with Pavard?
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby CiriacoS » Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:18 pm

Alexander wrote:
CiriacoS wrote:I got a telephone call right after Gnabry scored so I went away for 3 minutes....just to come back and see they levelled. I mean you can not wright it. Its amazing. How is that even possible for a team like Bayern.

I like Sule very much but I think his inconsistency will make it impossible for him. When at the the highest level he is a beast. But at a moments like today when we have almost killed the game against lesser opposition he just tends to turn off. You are looking at him and he just looks like running around like in a park. I think Hernandez will become the permanent partner of Upamecano.

We lack a proper RB. Stanisic has potential but he is not there yet for us. He lacks primarily physical strength for a back. He is too easily displaced and he looses the ball way to often. He should be loaned out immediately.

We will have problem with Kimmich/Goretzka midfield. They rely too much on strength and they look gassed out, especially Goretzka after 60-70 minutes. We just completely loose control in midfield. We need guy like Sabitzer and we need to keep Tolisso. Actually Thiago is the guy we miss the most.

Gnabry MUST play on the right and Sane on the left. No other alternative. That is a must.

I think Upamecano is a lot like Sule with mixing great defending with horrible misses. Regarding Kimmich/Goretzka I agree they are not at their best. Stanisic lost the ball quite often but maybe he can rotate with Pavard?
I give Upamecano a pass for now, he is new so it should take some time to settle and adapt. But in general, he shows very good signs. Even today, when he was not on his best, he showed great commitment until the end and I can think of few situations at the end where he made important tackles. Therefor I like what I am seeing from him for now. I think he can make a top partnership with Lucas.

Stanisic can rotate for sure, but I am not sure if that will improve him. I think he needs constant playing time like when we lend Alaba to Hoffenheim. He was also very raw talent. Same with Stanisic. He has potential but he has to man-up. For that he needs to be thrown into fire every game. We actually lack a proper RB who can be a real competition for Pavard. Stanisic is not there yet.
CiriacoS
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Alexander » Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:26 pm

CiriacoS wrote:
Alexander wrote:

I give Upamecano a pass for now, he is new so it should take some time to settle and adapt. But in general, he shows very good signs. Even today, when he was not on his best, he showed great commitment until the end and I can think of few situations at the end where he made important tackles. Therefor I like what I am seeing from him for now. I think he can make a top partnership with Lucas.

Stanisic can rotate for sure, but I am not sure if that will improve him. I think he needs constant playing time like when we lend Alaba to Hoffenheim. He was also very raw talent. Same with Stanisic. He has potential but he has to man-up. For that he needs to be thrown into fire every game. We actually lack a proper RB who can be a real competition for Pavard. Stanisic is not there yet.

I also think Upa-Lucas will be great. When Kimmich-Goretzka step up our overall defense is going to get better. Perhaps you are right about Stanisic.
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:30 pm

Stanisic needs to work on his body positioning. As soon as he is pressured, he tends to dribble and hand over the ball or try to go to his corner somehow. Its looks weird, he is promising but he needs a lot more improvement ofcourse.

But Musiala on the other hand, he needs playing time. That guy is almost not able to lose a ball, not even if 3 guys attack him, he dribbles around, uses his legs in the best possible manner and still comes out on top. Hands down the best attacking wise next to Lewa atm..

Sule could have positioned himself better, but those crosses should never even been allowed to happen like they did. With the Uth goal i believe, Upamecano was just running next to him not even looking at him. Thats a bigger mistake as to Sule not reaching that ball imo.. But if you are 2-0 up at home, you cant act like the game is whistled done.. Its not the first time in the last 12 months they immediately conceded after scoring.

Vs BREMER SV, give all benchers the starting role and rest people up, not even for 45 or 30 minutes if its not needed at all..
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:31 pm

Alexander wrote:My god what a game. Some points from me:

1. Our recurring lapses can`t go on.
2. Nice to see Gnabry score twice.
3. Upamecano sometimes looks like Maldini and then an amateur.
4. Goretzka far from his best.
5. Nagelsmann with early substitutions.
6. Three points and we are ahead of our probably toughest opponents.

Agree on all points but as far as the first one goes: while there's still a long way to go I still feel our defence looked better today than much of last season even if we conceded two. On Tuesday it was even better. I suppose it's not realistic of us to expect it to be fixed overnight, we need time - and Lucas back.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Alexander » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:13 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Alexander wrote:My god what a game. Some points from me:

1. Our recurring lapses can`t go on.
2. Nice to see Gnabry score twice.
3. Upamecano sometimes looks like Maldini and then an amateur.
4. Goretzka far from his best.
5. Nagelsmann with early substitutions.
6. Three points and we are ahead of our probably toughest opponents.

Agree on all points but as far as the first one goes: while there's still a long way to go I still feel our defence looked better today than much of last season even if we conceded two. On Tuesday it was even better. I suppose it's not realistic of us to expect it to be fixed overnight, we need time - and Lucas back.

Agree but it is frustrating with these minutes of madness where we look lite we hane no idea of what to do.
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby zozon » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:56 pm

Sometimes I miss the Kahn fire in Neuer.

Neuer gets angry when he concedes a goal.
Man, Kahn ate the defenders when they were doing stupid shit. He was bringing common sense into them after a mistake. Shouting, swearing, pushing them, shoving them.
zozon
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:08 pm

zozon wrote:Sometimes I miss the Kahn fire in Neuer.

Man, Kahn ate the defenders when they were doing stupid shit. He was bringing common sense into them after a mistake. Shouting, swearing, pushing them, shoving them.
That's why Manu should not be the K. He is not a born leader... He rarely speaks... I can't believe that we made him the K when there was Mueller a Bavarian after all... Probably he was stamping his feet like a little boy and the board had to bow their heads...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:30 am

ramsej84 wrote:

That's why Manu should not be the K. He is not a born leader... He rarely speaks... I can't believe that we made him the K when there was Mueller a Bavarian after all... Probably he was stamping his feet like a little boy and the board had to bow their heads...
That sounds more like Kimmich than Neuer.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:46 am

ramsej84 wrote:

Have you ever played the game?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby DRvad14 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:26 am

#12 wrote:No, something that‘s supposed to be played instead of CL, not Bundesliga

its both, not playing in ucl and domestic league at least the the format they had presented
Can't see tweet? Click here!
DRvad14
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:09 am

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:21 pm

DRvad14 wrote:
#12 wrote:No, something that‘s supposed to be played instead of CL, not Bundesliga

its both, not playing in ucl and domestic league at least the the format they had presented
Can't see tweet? Click here!
Huh?

Florentino DISTINCTLY said they wanted to remain in LaLiga…
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ed. » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:06 pm

MUTU wrote:I can't believe the Manchester City fans crying about Sané leaving them claiming he's a candidate to win a future Ballon d'Or.

He fooled me too but not anymore.
I was totally supportive of this transfer but Pep knew exactly what he was doing and that should have been a warning for us.

I predicted at the start of the season that Sane will should be gone by next season. I saw enough at the Euros. There is no drive or ambition. Maybe is going through some personal battles, whatever it is..at the moment this is not a player that is going to be following in the footsteps of Ribery/Robben.

I defer from saying will be gone, because Bayern have a disposition to hold on to German players on their books longer than they should,.Badstuber, Frings, rode. If they were any other nationality, their asses would be shipped out pronto. I like the moral obligation to have the best German players at Bayern and give them extra leeway, but it is a double edged sword and hurts twice as much when the transfer does not work out and the board is reluctant to force the issue.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ottomeister87 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:01 pm

Tbh.. Coman/Gnabry and Sane combined arent even on Ribery OR Robben level..
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga