You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-09-25] Bayern Munich vs FC Augsburg

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
FC Augsburg will win
No votes

Total votes : 4

Re: [2018-09-25] Bayern Munich vs FC Augsburg

Postby Fénix » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:37 am

Niko should have tried 3 man defense last night with Gnabry and Kimmich as side midfielders/wing backs while forward mix, combine or whatever he wanted to with the squad.

I'm slightly disappointed because Augsburg is a match where you want to test other things and ideas. I don't know what the board is thinking about, but LB is imminent to sign in January. This last night looked awful on the left side until Alaba came in.

We simply can't expect to finish the season with 3 CBs and 3 fullbacks without giving a chance to any of our young talents from FCB II and U19. [-X

Highlights
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:13 pm

IsiahRashad wrote:Goretzka at the LB.
Wagner who was a 0 (except one good header) all night long.
More than average Müller who was playing some kind of right midfielder.

And all of that:
- Realising the first big mistake - Goretzka was clearly uncomfortable as a LB, he put Alaba for him.
- Making the second mistake - subbing off Gnabry, who was playing very,very well for Ribéry.
- The third mistake - subbing striker for a midfielder, leaving no player to put a pressure on the defensive backline.

Gnabry should stayed for the full game, he played a lot as a striker at Hoffenheim. Thiago for Müller in the midfield and Ribery for Wagner giving the free role on Gnabry.

It's not Kovac fault if players can not score.

But it's Kovac subs who killed the team.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

As I said in the half time, whenever Thiago and James are both missing we will struggle against any high pressing team like Augsburg. Things get worse if Goretzka plays on the left back position. One positive is that he will most likely not play ther ever again. He looked like an amateur

Props to Kovac for realising his mistake soon enough and replacing him with Alaba in the HT. We became a much better team from the very first minute of the second half.

However his next two moves were catastrophical and we can safely conclude that losing two points was 90% due to Kovac's decisions in the second period.

Firstly, by subbing Gnabry off after a more than decent performance you are kind of telling the boy that regardless of how shit Robbery and Mueller play, he will be the sacrified one

And then to make things worse he replaced Wagner, who was not having a good game at all, with Thiago. This substitution really made no sense at all and everyone became clueless right after it. Thiago was playing the false 9 role at times or even being target of crosses.

I agree that Wagner was not playing well, but our tactics demand a #9 to be present. I call this the most idiotic decision on the match and the one that costed us the 2 points

On the bright side this was just little bit more than a friendly, so It's not bad to see Kovac experimenting.
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Paphlagonian » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:25 pm

I like how nobody points out the fact that we got screwed by our old youth Felix Götze lol! He must have been smiling all day long.
Paphlagonian
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Turkey

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:36 pm

Paphlagonian wrote:I like how nobody points out the fact that we got screwed by our old youth Felix Götze lol! He must have been smiling all day long.

I did :?
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Paphlagonian » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:14 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Paphlagonian wrote:I like how nobody points out the fact that we got screwed by our old youth Felix Götze lol! He must have been smiling all day long.

I did :?

Ah! My bad missed that out I think. I even searched the topic but...
Paphlagonian
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Turkey

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:24 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Our former player to took two pts from us
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:14 pm

MoFattal wrote:It was not the result anyone wanted, but we can live with that. The BL is still ours to lose, and we will most probably end up winning it at least as early as the last few years, so no need to worry about a draw result-wise. However, the performance was definitely lacking, and many players need to step up big times because we will be needing everybody in the latter stages of the season, CL in specific. Kovac made a mistake last night subbing off Gnabry and keeping Muller (no impact at all) and Wagner (simply bad) on the field. One of those two should have been off first for Ribery so that Gnabry can play a more central role, a much better position suited for him. Having said that, Gnabry hasn't really showed anything that justifies him starting in place of Robbery. He might be a good sub player, but he's not Bayern starting material. He has a very long way to go if he is ever to reach that standard. Javi Martinez has never seemed so lost. He's not defending right, and his linkup play is ugly. Similar to Muller, Martinez has regressed a lot over the past couple seasons. The other guys were simply average, not giving their 100% except for maybe Renato who is trying too hard and needs to cool down a bit with his final touch. However, those power bursts forward were the best thing to watch last night in a very boring evening.

Again something I've been saying for years...
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Pips » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:37 pm

America USA wrote:He’s missed almost a year with no games and FYI in the so called “busy” summer, Germany were eliminated quite early from the World Cup.

Neuer should play as many games as he can before the UCL knockout stage starts to get back to his very best physical shape as well as match sharpness. Bayern can start the rotations once we have a little breathing space in the BL and have qualified from our Champions league group!

1. His leg will fall of if he is gonna play in every game.
2. Player so important and with injury like that must be saved for end of season, no need to play him vs freaking Augsburg.
3. I hope that all will be good and he will regain his old "beast" form until spring, but this is IMHO beyond stupid.
Pips
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby aterford » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:59 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:As I said in the half time, whenever Thiago and James are both missing we will struggle against any high pressing team like Augsburg. Things get worse if Goretzka plays on the left back position. One positive is that he will most likely not play ther ever again. He looked like an amateur

Props to Kovac for realising his mistake soon enough and replacing him with Alaba in the HT. We became a much better team from the very first minute of the second half.

However his next two moves were catastrophical and we can safely conclude that losing two points was 90% due to Kovac's decisions in the second period.

Firstly, by subbing Gnabry off after a more than decent performance you are kind of telling the boy that regardless of how shit Robbery and Mueller play, he will be the sacrified one

And then to make things worse he replaced Wagner, who was not having a good game at all, with Thiago. This substitution really made no sense at all and everyone became clueless right after it. Thiago was playing the false 9 role at times or even being target of crosses.

I agree that Wagner was not playing well, but our tactics demand a #9 to be present. I call this the most idiotic decision on the match and the one that costed us the 2 points

On the bright side this was just little bit more than a friendly, so It's not bad to see Kovac experimenting.

Have to agree with most of this.

-For me it's not just high pressing teams. 9 times out of 10 we look lost if we don't play one of Thiago or James. Renato was certainly making a lot of chances (mostly for himself) but certainly not dictating and shaping play like those two do. We almost always look very flat when they're both out.

-If we are going to rest our fullbacks with no real backups, why not play a back three? Especially seeing as we seemed to not be caring about this match too much - might as well give it a shot. If you're already viewing it as a 'rotation' match and want to rest your fullback(s), no better time IMO

-Don't understand the Gnabry sub either. To his credit, I actually thought Ribery was pretty decent in his role last night, and I think going forward if he's going to play it should be in such 30 minute sub appearances, nothing more. IMO, if Kovac feels Ribery HAS to come on, then for me he should have went on for Müller, which brings me to....

-Müller looks borderline useless without Lewandowski. You all know I rate Müller and perhaps it's just due to the fact that Wagner was terrible but that combination did not work AT ALL.

-Thiago move I can see two ways. First off, with a few minutes left in the game, seemed kind of unnecessary, seeing as he's in insane form but always injury-prone, so no need to tempt the injury gods like that ;)
On the other hand: IF Kovac had taken out Müller for Ribery and left in Gnabry I think this could make more sense. Move Serge up to play as a CF and take out Wagner/Müller. Maybe that'd work. And maybe it was just Kovac trying to put the game to bed. But IMO - call me an idealist or romantic or something - but this is not Frankfurt anymore and Bayern are not a team who should be looking to ride out a 1-0 vs Augsburg, regardless of if we're rotated heavily or not.
#BigFlickEnergy
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Bavarian_Kielbasa » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:11 am

Bavarian_Kielbasa wrote:Heading to Los Angeles Fox Sports studio for an Oktoberfest telecast special. Will post pictures!
So we arrived to the Fox lot as instructed. We were the first ones. They shuttled us from the parking to the studio and inside rather quickly. But from there we had to wait outside the filming studio for almost 2 hours while they brought over more fans in groups of 10 or so. Ultimately it was only 35 of us.

Once inside it was great as we all had seats available. I think they even needed some interns to fill seats plus the two mascots. They made sure everyone had scars so gave out all the Bayern ones and then a few from other Bundesliga clubs haha. Clearly Schalke is their #2 market team based on the mascot and raffle items included a-lot of Schalke gear.

It was a great experience into how Hollywood production works. The teleprompter and production crew etc. But ultimately it was interesting to see how Ian, Alexi and Kate interact with each other and do they actually watch the match or matches occurring? Ian definitely watched the Bayern match, Alexi watched most of it but they did both interact with fans and took the time to get into long conversations about Bayern, Bundesliga and Germany. Ian even asked about our weekly routine as supporters of the Club. Kate on the other hand....yah she's a Diva. During the 1st Half she was just talking to her assistant the whole time. I don't think she spoke to any of the fans. I'm not gonna say she is mean but definitely not the friendly easy going person she projects on telecast. Gorgeous as expected though, her legs especially. Almost every female working on the set was good looking.

Afterwards they had a BBQ, food and Oktoberfest band playing German classics in English. It was packed with people because I think they invited Fox employees to join in. Overall I was impressed and hope to attend again next year.

Bavarian_Kielbasa
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:17 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:Wrong call...
That was not off side
And we were ducked also thanks to mighty Neuer...

God forbids it was Sven Ulreich

Sorry ramsej84 but it's a case of two weights two measures with you and goalkeepers. You blamed Tolisso for simply making a backpass whilst under pressure to avoid pointing the finger at Ulreich, who had completely missed the easy ball that cost us not reaching the CL final, but then you point towards Neuer who was blocked in a meaningless match... perhaps you believe his teammate who is taking the blame.

Can't see tweet? Click here!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Previous

Return to Bundesliga