You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-10-03] Bayern Munich vs Eintracht Frankfurt

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Eintracht Frankfurt will win
No votes

Total votes : 4

Re: [2021-10-03] Bayern Munich vs Eintracht Frankfurt

Postby Mavs » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:37 pm

#12 wrote:
Mavs wrote:There was little wrong with the performance. Anyone suggesting we played poorly is a clown.

72% possession, 20-5 shots, 10-3 shots on target. Outside of a few individual errors (Upamecano + then Neuer on the 2nd goal), we dominated them. They saw almost no daylight.

The result is what's laughable. We were incredibly unlucky today.
Nope…

You missed the most important stat: feels like we misplaced 400 passes

Passing % was 87%. That's not far off from where we usually are.

We had plenty of chances to win. Just didn't happen for us today. The Lewandowski header was emblematic; absurd how that doesn't go in. Gnabry's miss that hit the post as well. Frankfurt was stupidly lucky today.
Mavs
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Alexander » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:39 pm

"We were infocused and lazy"

And that is what it is like being a human being. Sometimes it happens. Look at PSG and Real.
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:39 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
Alexander wrote:It was just one of those days. It happens and we have to move on. Still top of the league.
B04 will be on equal pts in few hrs.
Plus we play them away in fifteen day's time.
Problem is that we have to suffer another int break so we can't react to this defeat asap
1) It should be B04 shitting themselves about facing us, not the other way round.
2) In the worst possible scenario, B04 will be 3 points ahead of us in mid-October. Big deal!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby bastos80 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:39 pm

Alexander wrote:"We were infocused and lazy"

And that is what it is like being a human being. Sometimes it happens. Look at PSG and Real.

Nobody said it can't. Important thing is you don't talk it down and draw the right consequences.
---------------Lewandowski
------------Sané - Müller - Gnabry
------------Goretzka - Kimmich
Davies - Hernández - Upamecano - Süle
--------------------Neuer
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Lukas » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:41 pm

We weren’t bad but for Bayern not to beat Frankfurt in AA it would need a not very good performance. And that’s what we got. Would we usually win playing like we did today? Probably, but I don’t want to find out
Lukas
2020/21 Prediction Game Winner
2020/21 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
European Union

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:41 pm

Wait? Did fall already start? How to defeat yourself 101, Masterclass by FC Bayern Munchen..

This was a game, which could have come at the right moment, knowing you will face B04, BMG and BVB in the coming weeks after the intl break.

Someone said it in one of the last matches, finally they shoot from outside of the box, but today they overdid it big time. Many misplaced passes, Kimmich and Gore are nowhere near their top level, because guess what, they think they need to play every game 90 minutes.

A lot of players stood in the way of promising attacks by either sticking their foot out, or trying to dribble instead of taking the pass.

Many wasted chances and some weird subs today, why take out Sane and sule? Who actually did most danger on offense? Muller or Kimmich would have be a candidate in my book to get subbed of.

Also dont get all the crosses into the box all the time if you know you wont win the duels anyway.

1-2 is deffo on Neuer, pretty bad reaction, that ball is never to be allowed in.

Props to Trapp who had the game of his life, especially that Lewa header save..

We laugh about BVB sucking without Haaland, but they won vs Augsburg and we couldnt even beat a winless Frankfurt who actually played on thursday away in the EL with our best line up..

On another note, how is it possible for a club like us, to have such a SHITTY field as soon as its getting a bit more wet and cold outside.
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Alexander » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:49 pm

bastos80 wrote:

Nobody said it can't. Important thing is you don't talk it down and draw the right consequences.

With that I agree but these matches will happen again. Unavoidable.
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby #12 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:50 pm

bastos80 wrote:

Exactly…

But at least here it looks the other way around… Also, players burned out today…
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:52 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:You guys are overreacting so badly.

Final save count was 10-1. Hardly any saves by Neuer and several miracle saves by Trapp. Even with a below average performance like today’s this could very easily have turned out to be another 4+ goal win.
Hence my post about that remark I got...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:55 pm

Alexander wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
Alexander wrote:It was just one of those days. It happens and we have to move on. Still top of the league.
B04 will be on equal pts in few hrs.
Plus we play them away in fifteen day's time.
Problem is that we have to suffer another int break so we can't react to this defeat asap

They have to play their match first?
0-2 after 25 mins
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Alexander » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:59 pm

"0-2 after 25 mins"

They probably win but the match is not over.
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:00 pm

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ed. » Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:12 pm

For an elite team, having a bad day in front of goal for the entire team is bound to happen once in a while.
For an elite team, the opposing goalkeeper playing the game of his life is bound to happen once in a while.
For an elite team, misplaced passes, players not completely in sync, post a mid week game, is bound to happen once in a while.

Switching off in defence and conceding 2 goals, however, does not happen even once in a while to an elite team. Maybe they lose 0-1 not 1-2.
A lot seem to be brushing away this performance but it has raised several concerns for me.

- Boateng should have not been let go. He would have been an invaluable back up (and though it was not needed today, there is no one across the back 4 who can currently play a difficult ball forward to open the play)
- Upamecano has never really convinced me since he's joined. I've not watched Leipzig except when the played us and in the CL and I've not seen what the fuss is about. I missed the last game where everyone seems to say he was the best player but everytime I see him he does not look like he is a rock that is always going to win a 1v1 duel. BVB, BMG, Bayer are going to look at how we setup today and how the goals came about and are going to try and isolate and target him. If Brazzo thinks and says the Bayern defence is going to be built around him for the next 5 yrs, that's really worrying.

- It's time to start planning a decent Neuer understudy like yesterday. These mistakes and f*ck ups are gradually increasing in frequency every season now.

The most worrying aspect for me, was watching the Liverpool vs City game as well and how big the gulf is in general play between the way we play and they do. City and Liverpool have perfected the art of controlling large phases of games and also bouncing back from conceding whereas Nagelsmann is yet to do this when he comes head to head against opposition that are as good as his teams (mainly referring to his time at Leipzig). He still strikes me as someone who performs better when his team is the underdog.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby sherpthederp » Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:18 pm

Pretty sure Boatengs ship sailed when it was apparent that he was gonna be found guilty of domestic violence, so I don’t think keeping him was really an option.
sherpthederp
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby zozon » Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:28 pm

Ed. wrote:The most worrying aspect for me, was watching the Liverpool vs City game as well and how big the gulf is in general play between the way we play and they do.

Then again - we have the quality to bash both teams. Big time and in both home/away.
City lost to PSG just this week, who lost today to fucking Stade Rennes.
So whats your point exactly?

Also, regarding Boateng - please stop it.
Guys at Bayern wont lose sleep because your "worrying about Upamecano". He suffers from a lack of proper RB next to him, just like Lucas would suffer if Davies was not Davies.

Regarding Neuer - he stopped a clear 1v1 situation today. The goal today was avoidable, but he is constantly up the level this whole season.
"These mistakes and f*ck ups are gradually increasing in frequency every season now" - I want facts.
Where, how and when?
Then I'll give you opposite facts, where he bailed us out lately.
Last edited by zozon on Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:34 pm, edited 6 times in total.
zozon
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga