You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-10-03] Bayern Munich vs Eintracht Frankfurt

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Eintracht Frankfurt will win
No votes

Total votes : 4

Re: [2021-10-03] Bayern Munich vs Eintracht Frankfurt

Postby Alexander » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:37 pm

”2/3 are”

But earlier you said arguments could be made Leipzig had a squad as good as ours? Now they are shit?

”Dortmund are ok but they understimated us”

They understimated the team that has won nine titles in a row and are the favourites again? Why?

” We’ll see about Leverkusen”

If we win they are shit, if we lose we are even worse and you will come here bashing our team and follow it up with mockery smilies.
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:07 pm

Alexander wrote:”2/3 are”

But earlier you said arguments could be made Leipzig had a squad as good as ours? Now they are shit?

”Dortmund are ok but they understimated us”

They understimated the team that has won nine titles in a row and are the favourites again? Why?

” We’ll see about Leverkusen”

If we win they are shit, if we lose we are even worse and you will come here bashing our team and follow it up with mockery smilies.
And you want to tell me they had a good start to the season? They even lost to Mainz…

No if we win at Neverkusen yesterday was nothing but a fluke… You can hopd me to that… If we don’t however, we are in for another shitty October…
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Alexander » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:55 pm

"And you want to tell me they had a good start to the season?"

So now it is about how the season started and not how they have a squad equal to ours. I guess that means Juve are shit although they have a player once valued at 120 million who rode the bench. Freiburg will be a real test?

What do you say about Real losing twice last week? PSG? City with four wins out of seven in the league? Just wondering if you see us having a chance against them.
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Ed. » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:10 pm

MUTU wrote:Comparing goalkeepers by shot saving percentage makes the assumption that the difficulty of the saves they need to do on average is uniform.

But it really isn't.

For example, a team that defends deeply (parking the bus) will likely concede a greater percentage of shots from outside the box.

Bayern have long played with a high defence line and when the defenders mess up the opponents found themselves with a big chance of scoring. Half the chances we concede are big chances of scoring. On the other end, only a small percentage of chances we get are big chances of scoring. Keeping goal for Bayern is no mean feat. You go several minutes without a shot, and your concentration goes down a bit, and the next thing you know they're trying to tap the ball in from close range.

Yup, aware of that and that's why I included Ederson, Allison & Mendy in that list. CIty for one, take the high line to further extremes than Bayern.
Liverpool and Chelsea in general play like that too, but Klopp in general and Tuchel last season don't mandate it for all games and adjust to the opposition.

Anyway, to round this off, clean sheets are far more likely to get you through knockout games, and obviously a tight defence and goalkeeper at the top of his game give you clean sheets. With no away goal rules in the CL this time, I think we'll see less goals (and more clean sheets) in cagey first legs of knockout ties this time.

We've not fixed some of that sloppy defending from last season and Neuer is making the odd error.
Nagelsmann hasn't addressed this issue as yet.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:11 pm

Alexander wrote:"And you want to tell me they had a good start to the season?"

So now it is about how the season started and not how they have a squad equal to ours. I guess that means Juve are shit although they have a player once valued at 120 million who rode the bench. Freiburg will be a real test?

What do you say about Real losing twice last week? PSG? City with four wins out of seven in the league? Just wondering if you see us having a chance against them.
No it’s about bringing quality to the field! And they have barely done that or do you think they have a worse squad than Wolfsburg, Mainz and Brügge?

Juve ARE shit and the rest you mentioned play in a better league… We stand a chance, but not playing like we did recently and especially yesterday…

No idea what you don’t get about the necessity to bounce back in order to actually be considered good…
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Alexander » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:23 pm

"Juve ARE shit"

Ok. I guess that means their bench is worse than ours. Until we face them in the spring and you tell us that we will probably lose.

"the rest you mentioned play in a better league"

Is Ligue 1 really better than Bundesliga?

Real Madrid are noot good since they lost two matches in a row. They didn`t bounce back. Is that correct?
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby #12 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:28 pm

Alexander wrote:"Juve ARE shit"

Ok. I guess that means their bench is worse than ours. Until we face them in the spring and you tell us that we will probably lose.

Real Madrid are noot good since they lost two matches in a row. They didn`t bounce back. Is that correct?
Or until we lose and you will find 400 excuses why…

No Ligue1 isn’t, but PSG only dropped points once… With our clubs losing to the likes of Brügge, at home and after a lead, I am also not that sure…

And RM play in a better league and we‘re talking about two competitions… I am specifically talking about Leverkusen, which is the same competition as last night‘s game… Simple, really
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Alexander » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:02 pm

"With our clubs losing to the likes of Brugge, at home and after a lead, I am also not that sure"

But PSG failed to score against Rennes? Draw against Brugge? City lost to Tottenham? Liverpool 3-3 with Brentford? Chelsea losing to shitty Juve? Is there any team that you find good? Hard to see if you measure the same way you do with us. Once we lose we are bad and when we win it is almost always against a weak opposition. Dortmund with Haaland? They underestimated us. Leipzig? Look at how they started. Barca? Useless.

"Or until we lose and you fins 400 excuses why"

I have no problem admitting defeat to a better team, I have done that many times. Yesterday will happen again as that is how football works. On the other hand I have never seen you expressing that we played really well, not even after chrushing Barca 8-2 and sweeping Chelsea.
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby aterford » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:19 pm

I can't be too upset about it. We didn't play great but I don't think we played particularly poorly. If we played that exact same match 100 times I'd bet we still end up winning it 90 times out of 100 at worst.

I've seen a handful of different xG tallies. FWIW:

Bayern 2.05, Frankfurt 0.59
Bayern 2.84, Frankfurt 0.55
Bayern 2.18, Frankfurt 0.39
Bayern 2.54, Frankfurt 0.35
Bayern 2.2, Frankfurt 0.5 OR Bayern 3.8, Frankfurt 0.5 (shot-based vs non-shot xG)

So it is what it is, it happens. Like I said, that's a match we usually win, but sometimes things don't go your way.

Kind of random odd thing. I don't know if it's an Oktoberfest hangover or what, but lately that end of September/start of October period has been rough for us. In fact, in the last 10 years, for whatever reason Pep is the only manager who's had a good experience with that time period.

21/22 - Nagelsmann - 1:2 loss to Frankfurt on 3. October
20/21 - Flick - 1:4 loss to Hoffenheim on 27. September
19/20 - Kovac - 1:2 loss to Hoffenheim on 5. October
18/19 - Kovac - 1:1 draw to Augsburg on 25. September, 0:2 loss to Hertha on 28. September, 1:1 draw to Ajax on 2. October, and 0:3 loss to Gladbach on 6. October
17/18 - Ancelotti - 0:3 loss to PSG on 27. September; Sagnol - 2:2 draw to Hertha on 1. October
16/17 - Ancelotti - 0:1 loss to Atletico on 28. September, 1:1 draw to Koln on 1. October
15/16 - Guardiola - 5:0 win vs Zagreb on 29. September, 5:1 win vs Dortmund on 4. October
14/15 - Guardiola - 1:0 win vs Moscow on 30. September, 4:0 win vs Hannover on 4. October
13/14 - Guardiola - 1:0 win vs Wolfsburg on 28. September, 3:1 win vs Man City on 2. October
12/13 - Heynckes - 1:3 loss vs BATE Borisov on 2. October
God Bless Thomas Müller
aterford
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ottomeister87 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:34 pm

Guys dont forget in that 8-2 vs Barca.. Barca could have easily scored a very fast 3 or even 4 -1 in their favor.. The begin of that match from us was pretty bad tbh..

And 12 is right.. We faced the only strong opposition in BVB in the supercup.. Barca is a team thats even worse compared to last season, Leipzig lost 2 really important players and their coach. Besides that it havent been the big caliber opponents, hence why i said this one could come at the right time.. Lots of time to think and improve, even after most of them get back they have 4 or 5 days to prepare since its played on sunday 15.30..

And now there are some important games incoming with bo4, BMG and BVB..

But Naglesmann made the mistake by subbing out Sule and Sane, two of the best men on the field yesterday imo. And its indeed the way we lost, i can live with a loss better, if we are really awful, but this are 2 points thrown in the trashcan by being sloppy and way to comfortable in thinking it will go on its own. I noticed way to many backheel plays also yesterday, i dont like that shit if its just not needed or if it brings anything at all..

In games before, they looked for the better positioned man. Vs Furth and yesterday, Lewa was hardly involved by anyone in the game, he wasnt doing his usual self dropping into midfield to get balls..

If Sane passes the ball over right before the 1-1, its 2-0 by Gnabry. Gnabry right before half time, should have just held his foot against the ball instead of going full power. Gore felt like shooting atleast 10 times from outside of the box.. And Muller and Nagelsmann already warned about sloppyness after the Bochum game, in defense. And now they couldnt outscore their mistakes.

But i am confident, in the games vs B04, BMG and also BVB, the focus will be 100%. But they cant let that focus down, just because its Frankfurt. Now nothing happened since its only matchday 7..

And Neuer responsible for the 1-1? Come on man, Hinteregger could head that ball in with full force unmarked, how many keepers actually save that..
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:09 pm

#12 wrote:2/3 are… Dortmund are ok, but they underestimated us…
We‘ll see about Leverkusen…

Neverkusen? I don't expect to live long enough to see Leverkusen finishing a season ahead of us.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:12 pm

#12 wrote:
Alexander wrote:"And you want to tell me they had a good start to the season?"

No it’s about bringing quality to the field! And they have barely done that or do you think they have a worse squad than Wolfsburg, Mainz and Brügge?

Juve ARE shit and the rest you mentioned play in a better league… We stand a chance, but not playing like we did recently and especially yesterday…

No idea what you don’t get about the necessity to bounce back in order to actually be considered good…

Juve are shit lol. I wonder which clubs you even consider mediocre given you consider Juventus to be inferior to that?
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:13 pm

#12 wrote:
Alexander wrote:"Juve ARE shit"

Or until we lose and you will find 400 excuses why…

No Ligue1 isn’t, but PSG only dropped points once… With our clubs losing to the likes of Brügge, at home and after a lead, I am also not that sure…

And RM play in a better league and we‘re talking about two competitions… I am specifically talking about Leverkusen, which is the same competition as last night‘s game… Simple, really

Better league? Is that the one where their biggest competitor is the one we hit for 7 or 8 whenever we meet them?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:00 pm

Alexander wrote:"With our clubs losing to the likes of Brugge, at home and after a lead, I am also not that sure"

But PSG failed to score against Rennes? Draw against Brugge? City lost to Tottenham? Liverpool 3-3 with Brentford? Chelsea losing to shitty Juve? Is there any team that you find good? Hard to see if you measure the same way you do with us. Once we lose we are bad and when we win it is almost always against a weak opposition. Dortmund with Haaland? They underestimated us. Leipzig? Look at how they started. Barca? Useless.

"Or until we lose and you fins 400 excuses why"

I have no problem admitting defeat to a better team, I have done that many times. Yesterday will happen again as that is how football works. On the other hand I have never seen you expressing that we played really well, not even after chrushing Barca 8-2 and sweeping Chelsea.
You need to sort your thoughts man…

Leipzig lost to Brügge, hence my remark that maybe Ligue1 ISN‘T worse…

You always say "it happens", no, it DOESN‘T happen… You lose 0-1, THAT happens, this defensive shitshow DOESN‘T just "happen", there’s a reason, and it’s the same reason we lost to PSG and Kiel last year and it‘s the same reason we aren’t remotely close to that 4 time winning RM team because it‘ll happen again…

But that’s not even the point, because - while incredibly frustrating - I already basically said we can live with the result but NOW we have to win at Leverkusen which otherwise would‘ve been an ok draw… Now it’s not, where‘s your problem with that?

And I don’t care about other teams, I do think however, that the three PL sides and Shetty are definitely not worse…
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:04 pm

MUTU wrote:
#12 wrote:2/3 are… Dortmund are ok, but they underestimated us…
We‘ll see about Leverkusen…

Neverkusen? I don't expect to live long enough to see Leverkusen finishing a season ahead of us.
They have, you just forgot…
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga