You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-10-03] Bayern Munich vs Eintracht Frankfurt

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Eintracht Frankfurt will win
No votes

Total votes : 4

Re: [2021-10-03] Bayern Munich vs Eintracht Frankfurt

Postby sherpthederp » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:18 am

Saying save % is the only useful stat for you doesn't make it the only useful stat lol. Look at Neuers pass completion and touches stats and tell me that a keeper with on the ball attributes isn’t absolutely critical for how Bayern play. His passes and touches are roughly 20% higher than any other keeper in Europe, with a long ball completion 8% higher than the next closest keeper.

Neuers incredible shot stopping is just an added bonus, not his most important attribute.
sherpthederp
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby aaaaaa » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:33 am

sherpthederp wrote:Saying save % is the only useful stat for you doesn't make it the only useful stat lol. Look at Neuers pass completion and touches stats and tell me that a keeper with on the ball attributes isn’t absolutely critical for how Bayern play. His passes and touches are roughly 20% higher than any other keeper in Europe, with a long ball completion 8% higher than the next closest keeper.

Neuers incredible shot stopping is just an added bonus, not his most important attribute.

this, his hand pass over half the field to Leroy today was quite incredible, no other GK in the world can do that
aaaaaa
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:06 am

Am I too late for the Alaba jokes? :P :lol: :D

I can't believe that #12 is back at it again. And it seems that we've gone from "Better than in 19/20" to "We suck" in a matter of days :shock:

We lost and it sucks. There are things that need to be changed. Butoverall I'm more than satisfied with the way we played and the score could have easily been 5-1

No other team in Europe plays at the speed that we do. I watched PSG yesterday and they were atrocious. Not to mention Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus or ManU.

We're having a fantastic season so far and I don't see any red flag.

Regading Upamecano, I was completely expecting this and I was sure that at some point people would call him fraud, flop and things like that.

YlonenXabi wrote: And if someone is expecting Upamecano to play flawlessly every game then good luck with that, but he will have brainfarts here and there just like Alaba and Boateng.

I'm happy with him as he's an ideal CB for our tactics, but he is prone to errors like this and needs to cut them out a little bit. Even vs Fürth he messed up badly once or twice.
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby longeleven » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:01 am

I'm happy with him as he's an ideal CB for our tactics, but he is prone to errors like this and needs to cut them out a little bit. Even vs Fürth he messed up badly once or twice.

C'mon, Upa is still U23 player, let him play and make mistakes. He'll learn from those mistakes for sure he won't reproduce them again after.
I'd prefer him cost our bundesliga game than a champions league match.
longeleven
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:11 am

longeleven wrote:

C'mon, Upa is still U23 player, let him play and make mistakes. He'll learn from those mistakes for sure he won't reproduce them again after.
I'd prefer him cost our bundesliga game than a champions league match.
Yeah, the YlonenXabi is shooting at a strawman he himself invented. No one expects Upa to be perfect. He is still a huge improvement over *Boateng* tho. Our Spanish pal seems to forget that Alaba was keeping *Lucas* out of central defense, last year, not Upamecano.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:29 am

I don't know what are you talking about since I've always been in favour of both Upamecano and Lucas. I absolutely love both and I wouldn't trade them for any other CB right now.

* (Well, I actually didn't like Upamecano in his first season at Leipzig but then I admitted I was wrong)

My point is that Upamecano takes risks and therefore he's prone to errors. He will make the same errors than Alaba or Boateng were making last year. And I predicted that the ususal suspects will call him names and say he sucks and he is a flop sooner than later.

Lucas Hernandez OTOH is rock solid. A true defender. And I'd say they complement each other very well.
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Ed. » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:39 am

sherpthederp wrote:Saying save % is the only useful stat for you doesn't make it the only useful stat lol. Look at Neuers pass completion and touches stats and tell me that a keeper with on the ball attributes isn’t absolutely critical for how Bayern play. His passes and touches are roughly 20% higher than any other keeper in Europe, with a long ball completion 8% higher than the next closest keeper.

Wow, another one of the keyboard FIFA, PES warriors who've probably never kicked a ball in their lives and respond to posts with "LOL".
You've literally said a for a goalkeeper, stopping goals is not their most important skill. Good time to insert a you know what here, but I'm going to decline.

What's next, passing is not the most important skill for a midfielder, operating is not the most important skill for a surgeon, coding is not the most important skill for a programmer...

What is more hilarious is 2 people have actually thanked this post.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:41 am

Comparing goalkeepers by shot saving percentage makes the assumption that the difficulty of the saves they need to do on average is uniform.

But it really isn't.

For example, a team that defends deeply (parking the bus) will likely concede a greater percentage of shots from outside the box.

Bayern have long played with a high defence line and when the defenders mess up the opponents found themselves with a big chance of scoring. Half the chances we concede are big chances of scoring. On the other end, only a small percentage of chances we get are big chances of scoring. Keeping goal for Bayern is no mean feat. You go several minutes without a shot, and your concentration goes down a bit, and the next thing you know they're trying to tap the ball in from close range.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:45 am

Also, Neuer was disappointing yesterday. Not only should he saved the second goal but also the first in my opinion which passed very close to his body. He tried to raise his arms up to save it but didn't have the time to do so, but had he jumped up instead he could have saved it with a header. It was doable.

Between the first and second goals he conceded, though, he made a top top top save with his leg. So yes, he was disappointing but wasn't too bad either.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby zozon » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:00 am

Ed. wrote:

Wow, another one of the keyboard FIFA, PES warriors who've probably never kicked a ball in their lives and respond to posts with "LOL".
You've literally said a for a goalkeeper, stopping goals is not their most important skill. Good time to insert a you know what here, but I'm going to decline.

What's next, passing is not the most important skill for a midfielder, operating is not the most important skill for a surgeon, coding is not the most important skill for a programmer...

What is more hilarious is 2 people have actually thanked this post.

Ah yes, we are all the keyboard warriors and you are what, Kahn made an account on this forum?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

He literally said:
zozon
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:14 am

YlonenXabi wrote:Am I too late for the Alaba jokes? :P :lol: :D

I can't believe that #12 is back at it again. And it seems that we've gone from "Better than in 19/20" to "We suck" in a matter of days :shock:

We lost and it sucks. There are things that need to be changed. Butoverall I'm more than satisfied with the way we played and the score could have easily been 5-1

No other team in Europe plays at the speed that we do. I watched PSG yesterday and they were atrocious. Not to mention Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus or ManU.

We're having a fantastic season so far and I don't see any red flag.

Regading Upamecano, I was completely expecting this and I was sure that at some point people would call him fraud, flop and things like that.

YlonenXabi wrote: And if someone is expecting Upamecano to play flawlessly every game then good luck with that, but he will have brainfarts here and there just like Alaba and Boateng.

Back at what exactly? Not being overly euphoric? Down to earth?
I never said better than in 19/20 btw…

So far we trashed a few shitty teams and made fun of Dortmund (for losing to better teams than we dud yesterday and better teams than we played so far…), "Neverkusen" and RM…
And people went nuts… Yes, I see this as a red light! Of course, we could go to Leverkusen in two weeks an win it, in which case I probably would‘ve worried too much, but our last two games already weren’t really good despite the results and it seems the honeymoon phase with Nagelsmann is over…

Again, I might be wrong, but how exactly is this any different from the laughable entitlement some people display after beating fucking Bochum…?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Alexander » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:18 am

”So far we have trashed a few shitty teams”

Leipzig has a squad almost as good as ours, right? We beat them 4-1. Also 3-1 against Dortmund. And beating Barca 3-0 at Camp Nou is not exactly easy. Are all of those shit?
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby Fénix » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:44 am

Alexander wrote:And beating Barca 3-0 at Camp Nou is not exactly easy. Are all of those shit?

For Bayern it is when it's not weak or with thin squad. :)
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Alexander » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:33 am

Fénix wrote:
Alexander wrote:And beating Barca 3-0 at Camp Nou is not exactly easy. Are all of those shit?

For Bayern it is when it's not weak or with thin squad. :)

Barca are weaker than for many years but I believe few teams are able to do what we did. I don’t understand what #12 expects from Bayern. Is it winning every match? PSG lost to Rennes and Real got zero points after facing Tiraspol and Espanyol. City has won four out of seven in the league. Still he is always bashing us. I really don’t get it…
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:40 pm

2/3 are… Dortmund are ok, but they underestimated us…
We‘ll see about Leverkusen…
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga