You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-10-03] Bayern Munich vs Eintracht Frankfurt

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Eintracht Frankfurt will win
No votes

Total votes : 4

Re: [2021-10-03] Bayern Munich vs Eintracht Frankfurt

Postby IsiahRashad » Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:29 pm

Ah, I feel like we played a good game, in a bad way, if I can say it like this. I think there were 3 things that cost us the game:

1-The great game from Trapp. I've got flashbacks of Navas in Real against us when he was saving everything against him. The Lewandowski header was super hard to stop, the last shot from Sane was an insane save. He deserves the congratulations after the game, I don't have a problem with acknowledging that.
2-We still had control over the game, created a lot of positions, but it left me with the feeling that not everything happened the way that Julian wanted it. The synchronization between the players was not that great today, especially in the final third.
3-In the last 20 minutes, Eintracht played great in defense, while taking advantage of the little chances that they've got in the game - Dayot was looking a little tired at the end of the game, and Neuer looked surprised when Kostic decided to shoot. It looked like we started lacking ideas when Sane and Sule(!) were subbed off, so we started the cross and pray tactics in the last minutes.

The strong defense, with the great game from Kevin Trapp and our good, but not excellent play decided the game from my point of view. Everything was clicking for us in the last like, 10 games, even when we didn't need to play superbly to win a game. Today was the first game when we needed that type of game, but it wasn't our day. I'm not reading too much into that, we're still in a great position and things will go better during the season.
Salihamidžić: “Correct. Dayot Upamecano will play for FC Bayern for the next five years."
IsiahRashad
Moderator & 2019/20 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby OnlyInsider » Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:31 pm

What a shit game. The finishing was absolutely non existent and Upamecano with a stinker, shame as he was really good since the Gladbach game.
OnlyInsider
Hey, I'm new here!

National Flag:
Denmark

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:37 pm

Lukas wrote:
MUTU wrote:
Lukas wrote:How can you bet on something like that? It's a matter of opinion. One of which is right, the other a load of elitist crap

He's not wrong though. We play 20 times like today against Frankfurt we'd win all 20. No way Trapp replicates this performance.

It's the idea that the league is a "training session" for the CL that I disagree with. Thank goodness rhe players don't have that attitude or we wouldn't be going for 10 in a row this year
That was a bit of a bait tbh but also largely true
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ed. » Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:48 pm

zozon wrote:City lost to PSG, who lost today to fucking Stade Rennes.
So whats your point exactly?

So by your logic Frankfurt are the best team in Germany now :roll:
If you didn't get the point, I'll spell it out more plainly.

We are not on the level of City, Liverpool and even Chelsea, atleast at the moment.
We may have the same calibre of players upfront but what they have been doing so far this season is make it very very difficult for teams to score against them. They have to be sensational goals (all 4 goals in the City-Liverpool 2-2 were), not cheap giveaways like the ones we conceded today and more that have been conceded. The 2 lazy goals against Koln come to mind with Upa jogging back for the second.

All the big teams in the CL have tightened ever more at the back, whereas we have already conceded 7 without yet playing any of the challengers yet, in the BL.

zozon wrote:Also, regarding Boateng - please stop it.

If you mean, with the relevance of the domestic violence incident, I did not know that, and yes, in that case, his situation became untenable.
If not, then, nice way to debate with a "stop it" :roll: .

Sule shoudln't be making the playing XI for Bayern and if we have an injury to the first choice pairing of Upa and Lucas then God help up us with a CB who can't win a header and really doesn't know how to judge the flight of a cross and time his jump which is staggering at this level.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Alexander » Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:59 pm

Ed. wrote:
zozon wrote:City lost to PSG, who lost today to fucking Stade Rennes.
So whats your point exactly?

So by your logic Frankfurt are the best team in Germany now :roll:
If you didn't get the point, I'll spell it out more plainly.

We are not on the level of City, Liverpool and even Chelsea, atleast at the moment.
We may have the same calibre of players upfront but what they have been doing so far this season is make it very very difficult for teams to score against them. They have to be sensational goals (all 4 goals in the City-Liverpool 2-2 were), not cheap giveaways like the ones we conceded today and more that have been conceded. The 2 lazy goals against Koln come to mind with Upa jogging back for the second.

All the big teams in the CL have tightened ever more at the back, whereas we have already conceded 7 without yet playing any of the challengers yet, in the BL.

zozon wrote:Also, regarding Boateng - please stop it.

If you mean, with the relevance of the domestic violence incident, I did not know that, and yes, in that case, his situation became untenable.
If not, then, nice way to debate with a "stop it" :roll: .

Sule shoudln't be making the playing XI for Bayern and if we have an injury to the first choice pairing of Upa and Lucas then God help up us with a CB who can't win a header and really doesn't know how to judge the flight of a cross and time his jump which is staggering at this level.

"We are not on the level of City, Liverpool and even Chelsea"

For what it is worth the betting companies disagree. We are favourites together with PSG and City. I think that is fair.
Alexander
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby zozon » Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:00 pm

Ed. wrote:We are not on the level of City, Liverpool and even Chelsea, atleast at the moment.

Thats just your opinion.
A false one, though.

Ed. wrote:So by your logic Frankfurt are the best team in Germany now :roll:

Where did I said this?
I just pointed out your WRONG basis on how you rate teams. You put Liverpool and City so high up, you forget that the same City lost to PSG, who lost to Stade Rennes just today.
Going by your logic - Stade Rennes should be first place in the Premier League.

Today's loss is a lesson and a fluke, not a trend, nor will it start a trend.
Your panicky posts after one loss sound way, WAY more sore than the situation really is.
Funny thing is that your posts wouldnt even exist if Gnabry didnt hammered the post today or if Trapp didnt decide to pull a WC game.
zozon
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:21 pm

Ed. wrote:For an elite team, having a bad day in front of goal for the entire team is bound to happen once in a while.
For an elite team, the opposing goalkeeper playing the game of his life is bound to happen once in a while.
For an elite team, misplaced passes, players not completely in sync, post a mid week game, is bound to happen once in a while.

Switching off in defence and conceding 2 goals, however, does not happen even once in a while to an elite team. Maybe they lose 0-1 not 1-2.
A lot seem to be brushing away this performance but it has raised several concerns for me.

- Boateng should have not been let go. He would have been an invaluable back up (and though it was not needed today, there is no one across the back 4 who can currently play a difficult ball forward to open the play)
- Upamecano has never really convinced me since he's joined. I've not watched Leipzig except when the played us and in the CL and I've not seen what the fuss is about. I missed the last game where everyone seems to say he was the best player but everytime I see him he does not look like he is a rock that is always going to win a 1v1 duel. BVB, BMG, Bayer are going to look at how we setup today and how the goals came about and are going to try and isolate and target him. If Brazzo thinks and says the Bayern defence is going to be built around him for the next 5 yrs, that's really worrying.

- It's time to start planning a decent Neuer understudy like yesterday. These mistakes and f*ck ups are gradually increasing in frequency every season now.

The most worrying aspect for me, was watching the Liverpool vs City game as well and how big the gulf is in general play between the way we play and they do. City and Liverpool have perfected the art of controlling large phases of games and also bouncing back from conceding whereas Nagelsmann is yet to do this when he comes head to head against opposition that are as good as his teams (mainly referring to his time at Leipzig). He still strikes me as someone who performs better when his team is the underdog.
Lololololol
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ed. » Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:31 pm

zozon wrote:Thats just your opinion.
A false one, though.

Well you put your foot in it again.
If it's an opinion, then it's not a statement of fact and can't be proved false or true can it.

Sorry for being terse and combative (not), but of if you're going to start a discussion with an impolite, unqualified "Stop it", then I don't have the patience these days, on a internet forum of all places to extended to everyone the courtesy of respectful verbal engagement as I would normally do in face to face conversation.

zozon wrote:I just pointed out your WRONG basis on how you rate teams. You put Liverpool and City so high up, you forget that the same City lost to PSG, who lost to Stade Rennes just today.
Going by your logic - Stade Rennes should be first place in the Premier League.

And where did I say that??
Did you even read my previous post or gloss over?
I was comparing the quality specifically in the City vs Liverpool game and commenting that it was at a very high level and I'm not convinced Nagelsmann can get this team to play at that level when it comes to it.

zozon wrote:Today's loss is a lesson and a fluke, not a trend, nor will it start a trend.
Your panicky posts after one loss sound way, WAY more sore than the situation really is.

Well, we agree on one thing finally. Yes, it was a fluke and played 100 times, Bayern would win 99 times.

Clearly don't agree on assessment of the situation though.
I think we have a poorly stocked defence and have a goal keeper who is gradually but surely losing his world class abilities (look at https://fbref.com/) and you can compare his stats over the last 2-3 years vs Allison, DeGea, Ederson etc. Save % is the only one that's relevant (at least IMO) and Neuer's has been going down every season for the last 3.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby zozon » Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:34 pm

Hilarious how you didnt bother to quote this from my whole post:

Funny thing is that your posts wouldnt even exist if Gnabry didnt hammered the post today or if Trapp didnt decide to pull a WC game.

Regarding this:

Ed. wrote: I was comparing the quality specifically in the City vs Liverpool game and commenting that it was at a very high level and I'm not convinced Nagelsmann can get this team to play at that level when it comes to it.

As I already said - I really dont care what you watched and how it went.
Current, today's game Bayern lineup has the quality to hammer both City and Liverpool, so why do you keep saying how Bayern is shit and City/Liverpool are, oh so world class?
Thing is - Bayern is ALREADY on that level you are speaking of. Its your fault that you are not seeing it, not Bayern's.
Last edited by zozon on Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zozon
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ed. » Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:41 pm

zozon wrote:Hilarious how you didnt bother to quote this from my whole post:

Ehh....Doooh, that's because you edited it and added it later didn't it?
Should I give you an hour to complete your train of thought and check in later?

But fair, enough, I'll concede, I may have not typed everything I wrote if we won, but I was going to post in a similar vein after we conceded the 1-1.

Conceding cheap goals and an over reliance on the no 9). It's been a good start to the season, but those are the problems for an unbiased supporter without rose tinted glasses to see and I don't see Nagelsmann having the choices in the squad to fix these issues for bigger tests.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:15 pm

PSG has been awfully shit this season tbh and they beat the oh so world class Man City team... Wooptiedoe.. Not saying Bayern is the massive CL favourite, since none actually is until the KO phase starts. But i am the least worried about those English fluke teams. You actually seen the de Gea blunders over the last 1,5 years? Yes Neuer made a big mistake with the 1-2.. But wasnt he the one in the goal in the first 45 min, it would have been 1-2 already by Traore.. de Gea would have never saved that one.
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:28 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:PSG has been awfully shit this season tbh and they beat the oh so world class Man City team... Wooptiedoe.. Not saying Bayern is the massive CL favourite, since none actually is until the KO phase starts. But i am the least worried about those English fluke teams. You actually seen the de Gea blunders over the last 1,5 years? Yes Neuer made a big mistake with the 1-2.. But wasnt he the one in the goal in the first 45 min, it would have been 1-2 already by Traore.. de Gea would have never saved that one.
Was pretty central tbh…

What‘s worrying is not losing… It’s losing to THIS Frankfurt side, AT HOME, after taking the lead…
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:43 pm

No shit..
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Fénix » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:17 pm

I missed the match, but from what I see here and the match statistics, we outplayed them, Trapp played his best ever and failed to score 4-5 goals.

One of those afternoons when you do everything well and you finish the match empty-handed with 0 points.

We'll be back very quickly to our old habits. Luckily, others won't be able to use this as an advantage. :)
Fénix

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby Ed. » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:24 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:PSG has been awfully shit this season tbh and they beat the oh so world class Man City team... Wooptiedoe.. Not saying Bayern is the massive CL favourite, since none actually is until the KO phase starts. But i am the least worried about those English fluke teams. You actually seen the de Gea blunders over the last 1,5 years? Yes Neuer made a big mistake with the 1-2.. But wasnt he the one in the goal in the first 45 min, it would have been 1-2 already by Traore.. de Gea would have never saved that one.

First of, thank you for engaging in a discussion with an engaging first response to me rather than pontifying and extrapolating my comments.
After supporting only this club for 35+ yrs, apparently I'm calling them "sh%t" now. I tell you, the modern age has provided increased methods for communication but that has paradoxically been at the detriment of comprehension and written communication that is clearly evident from other members in this forum.

Not worried about PSG. They're not going anywhere with Pochetinno, who has a knack of beating Guardiola btw but can't string performances together.
I've been very dismissive of the hyped up EPL teams as well. Here in Aus, the EPL is the more popular league and the English propaganda and bias is always nauseating, but this season, given the movement of players and the collapse of the spanish giants, it's hard to contest the prediction that the EPL will dominate the CL for the next 2-3 seasons.

We have a great XI but even in that XI, we are not as solid in defence as the other contenders.

Anyway, I don't want to derail this thread with a CL discussion. My point is we haven't played a quality side in the CL or BL yet, with all due respect to Barca and their pedigree, they are a shambles of a team now. We will get that calibre of an opponent in dare I say it Leverkusen, in a couple of weeks.

My main concern is we are conceding too many sloppy goals. Today, Ausburg, Koln (ones I can remember).
I would have been happy with a 0-0 or 1-1 today because that would really be indicative of the bad luck and out of the world performance from the opposing keeper but the 1-2 to me is due to lack of defensive steel which is in my opinion , a trend so far after 7 games.

As for DeGea, he had a dip I think when he probably didn't want to be at Manu but his performances this season have been world class, but I don't think he is in the category of Ederson, Neuer, Allison and Navas anyway.

Neuer had an ok season last season, but is not in the top 3, when you compare him with his peers : https://fbref.com/tiny/mPKcG (For me save % is the only useful stat for a GK).
In fact, think in 2018-19 was his worst season statistically for Bayern (no doubt related to his injury), when many including me thought his time had come to an end due to injury. He was back to his best in 19/20 and it's no coincidence we won the treble.

We've conceded 7 in 7 in the BL without having played any of the contenders yet. That's far too many in my opinion.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga