You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2009-04-11] Bayern Munich Vs Eintracht Frankfurt

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

who will be the winner of Bayern Munich Vs Eintracht Frankfurt?

Poll ended at Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:16 pm

Bayern Munich
63%
Eintracht Frankfurt
25%
A draw
13%

Total votes : 16

Re: [2009-04-11] Bayern Munich Vs Eintracht Frankfurt

Postby AvatarX » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:20 pm

I don't think that Klinsmann is the one to blame...

Last year, with Hitzfeld (a great couch with a lot of experience) we lost with 4-0 from Zenit - and we all can agree that Zenit is great, but they are not Barca :)

Sure, we had the best defence, but we also had another big difference, named Kahn ... actually one of the things that I blame Klinsmann is that he insisted of using Rensing despite the worst goalkeeper statistics in the Bundesliga (almost 40% of goal attempts were in :( )

Let's hope that at this year transfers we will get a decent keeper + RB + extra DM (at least) - and that we get a place in CL :D .
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby superstar » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:39 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:But that's exactly our problem. Our first XI are good, but the subs and reserves are horrible.

Indeed they are. And it's not all about $$$ either when buying players. Manchester United had an injury/suspension and bought on the 17 year old Italian Federico Macheda. He makes his debut, has only played 2 matches for them, and scores goals in both! They bought him a year ago for 35,000 pounds and only pay him 1,000 pounds a week [obviously that will go up massively now when he renegotiates]. Bayern's scouting system has to improve and they have to get over their preference for German speaking players too. It doesn't matter what language the players speak - Bayern can just hire language coaches like other clubs.

Have to disagree with the poster above regarding the recent performance of Man U, Liverpool, Porto, Chelsea etc. Looking at the totality of their recent performances and flashes of brilliance even in games where they are not playing their best, they almost always have at least part of the game where they are very impressive and are all light years ahead of Bayern IMO. Even the losers of the Manu/Porto and Liverpool/Chelsea matches will be light years ahead of Bayern.

This is a wakeup call for Bayern's management to shake up their entire strategy. They should not be aiming to be the best club in Germany - but one of the best clubs in the world.

I am now wavering as to who to watch - Chelsea vs Liverpool [sure to be one of the matches of the year] vs Barcelona against Bayern Munich where we all know Barcelona will win probably 3-1. Will probably watch the Bayern live though although it won't be pleasant.

Question is will Barcelona try to humiliate Bayern at home or put their feet off the pedal after 2 goals. Because if they feel like it, they could make it 4-0 even at the Allianz Arena. What do you guys think?
superstar
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby kist160 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:02 pm

players' grades in the game with Eintracht
[url]http://www.voteplayers.com/Matches/Bayern-München-vs-Eintracht-Frankfurt-04112009-623.aspx[/url]
kist160
Getting the hang of it

Postby shileno » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:51 pm

superstar wrote:Indeed they are. And it's not all about $$$ either when buying players.

Have to disagree with the poster above regarding the recent performance of Man U, Liverpool, Porto, Chelsea etc. Looking at the totality of their recent performances and flashes of brilliance even in games where they are not playing their best, they almost always have at least part of the game where they are very impressive and are all light years ahead of Bayern IMO. Even the losers of the Manu/Porto and Liverpool/Chelsea matches will be light years ahead of Bayern.

Sadly, it is. Macheda it's just a lucky boy (Just like the whole team). He can be a great player but, if you have Rooney, Berbatov and Tevez, it's already lucky to even play lol. It's very rare to see good players with a low price.

We're not a bad team, losing against Barca doesn't make us a bad team. Even all the Bundesliga games, the only match I remember that made us to look like an average team was the one with Bremen (5-2?) and Wolfburg (5-1), about the others, I can say it was bad luck (A lot of mistakes and chances wasted). Ok, maybe Frankfurt it's not a great team, but we showed than the things are working.

I'm pretty sure that, with full squad and the right formation, we can beat anything, I have my doubts with Barca but it's possible (Yes, even if you don't believe it, they had a couple of awful games).
shileno
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Chile

Postby Tomas » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:11 pm

shileno wrote:
superstar wrote:I fear the worst for the second Champions league leg against Barcelona. The way Bayern are playing right now they are just not in the same league as the likes of Manchester United, Liverpool, Barcelona, Chelsea or Porto. The truth is, the way they are playing right now they don't deserve to progress any further in the Champions League. It's a shame. Klose and Lamm not playing is devastating the team - but the top 4 English teams have big players injured - Torres was out for quite a while - and still manage to get results so that's no excuse - there should be depth in the squad and there just isn't in Bayern's squad.

I disagree with that. Barcelona is the only team that it's a bit superior to all the others. ManU is playing horrible, they have won the last games only because of luck, Chelsea is much better now, but how come a team like Bolton make 3 goals in like 8 minutes?. Liverpool it's the more regular team here but, we all saw them on the CL. Am I the only person that thinks that Porto could reach the final? :D

Oh and the injuries, most of that teams have a good bench, we don't

I completely agree. And like FCBayernMuenchen said, our subs for our starting XI are not up to par. Chelsea are hot and cold... not consistent. Their midfield is slow and their strikers arent much faster... kind of like Toni, but Chelsea has some good subs that can fill important spots very well. Our starting XI against Chelsea's... we would win. Same against Liverpool, we would win. ManU... would be a good match. Against Barca... this year I would have to say that it would be a good match but they would be a heavy favorite to win at Camp Nou and a neutral site. Barca is so fast and the consistent play between Henry, Messi, Eto... almost unstoppable.
But the way Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Porto are playing, we ARE in the same league as they are. Reason, not one of those teams are consistent. Ive see a few Manu matches with them at full strength, and at times they are horrible. Liverpool crushed Manu AT Old Trafford yet Liverpool was beaten by a lower table team recently. The ONLY team that is consistent is Barca. They arguably have their best team in history right now. I really dont see Chelsea/Liverpool or Manu/Porto beating Barca.
Tomas
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby SilentStrike » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:39 pm

guys... u seriously think our starting XI would beat liverpool or chelsea??

our left side is good but thats not going to do it.
What about Toni? Oddo? MvB? We dont have a Torres or Essien on those poitions. Even our CB's im not so sure about. Demi is sucking this season and Van Buyten is averagely good.And have you guys already forgotten that we just dropped our #1 GK?? We dont have a Cech or Reina.

No not even our starting XI is good enough for CL top, and like u guys already stated, our subs are horrible. What are players like Ottl and Lell doing at Bayern? We should get rid of them, who cares if we dont have enough people that are born in Munich in our squad?
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Netherlands
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Tomas » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:00 pm

SilentStrike wrote:guys... u seriously think our starting XI would beat liverpool or chelsea??

What about Toni? Oddo? MvB? We dont have a Torres or Essien on those poitions. Even our CB's im not so sure about. Demi is sucking this season and Van Buyten is averagely good.And have you guys already forgotten that we just dropped our #1 GK?? We dont have a Cech or Reina.

No not even our starting XI is good enough for CL top, and like u guys already stated, our subs are horrible. What are players like Ottl and Lell doing at Bayern? We should get rid of them, who cares if we dont have enough people that are born in Munich in our squad?

Ive watched Bayern, Liverpool, Chelsea and Manu on constant basis this season. They all have 1 thing in common, ALL play inconsistantly, can beat almost any team and can be beaten by almost any team... and have done. Manu barely escaped this weekend from a very lower league club, as have Chelsea, Liverpool and us in the past. And its not just once or twice either. Watching the other clubs play... yes I believe without a doubt that we are very much in the same league as the big 4 in BPL when we are at full strength. But that said, any injuries and no, we arent. Manu, Chelsea and Liverpool have much better subs than we do, much better depth. Barca, they are the better team in CL this year, everyone is second barring any injuries.
Tomas
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby superstar » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:30 pm

SilentStrike wrote:guys... u seriously think our starting XI would beat liverpool or chelsea??
What about Toni? Oddo? MvB? We dont have a Torres or Essien on those positions. Even our CB's im not so sure about. Demi is sucking this season and Van Buyten is averagely good.And have you guys already forgotten that we just dropped our #1 GK?? We dont have a Cech or Reina.

I definitely agree with this post especially the bolded bit. LOL. You'd really have to be a diehard Bayern supporter to believe that even the best 11 in Bayern's team could beat Liverpool or Chelsea at the moment! Do you honestly believe that the Bayern team could beat Ballack, Drogba, Petr Cech, Ivanovic, John Terry, Anelka and Essien?!! or win against Kuyt, Reina, Gerrard and Torres?!!!!!

I'm a Bayern fan too but you also have to be grounded in reality. The current team is not good enough and not playing well. There are serious gaps in quality in key positions - e.g. in goal. I like Bayern but I also like good football and watch a few top premiership matches. When Bayern are playing lately I'm not seeing good football. I've started posting here because I'm appalled [as is Frank Beckenbauer according to reports] at the depths to which Bayern is sinking. There is a good chance they will win no trophies at all this year and could even lose their Champions League place next year and be slumming it in the UEFA cup. Things are looking very bad for what is supposed to be Germany's best team. Since Bayern Munich is the core of the German national team [which I am also a fan of] these are troubling signs for Germany's prospects in the World Cup next year. I think we're all disappointed but I'm surprised at some Bayern fans here who really do seem to have their heads in the clouds and are ignoring the grim reality of the current situation on all fronts and in all competitions.

Watching the other clubs play... yes I believe without a doubt that we are very much in the same league as the big 4 in BPL when we are at full strength

But the Bayern team is not at full strength! - and ManU etc have enough quality subs that they are always at full strength - When one big player is injured they can plug the gaps with top quality players like Federico Macheda! And they've got plenty more [currently unknown] but quality players where he came from! That's what team scouts are paid for - what the hell are the Bayern scouts doing?
superstar
Hey, I'm new here!

Postby Tomas » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:40 pm

Superstar... what do you think I just finished saying? AT FULL STRENGTH WE CAN but NOT AT FULL STRENGTH WE CANT. Ballack has been put into a position he doesnt play well at in Chelsea. Which is why he plays horribly. Cech? He was one of the best GKs last year. This year, hes like a sieve... almost as bad as Rensing. Drogba? Hes as slow as Toni but still a better striker... when he DOESNT have a bad attitude.
Grounded in reality... I question that a bit. I understand what you are trying to say. But I follow the big 4 pretty heavily as well and I just dont see their consistency either. I admit, ours is worse but when it comes down to full strength and we are playing at our best, with who we have, well Im not going to say we can beat someone like Barca at this time but we could beat Chelsea, Liverpool or Manu. To say we cant... I think that is not being grounded.
This year we definitely dont have our best team. We dont have our best coaching staff, we dont even have our best board of directors. We are in a funk and hopefully we can get back to playing how we used to... sooner rather than later I hope.
Tomas
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby shileno » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:55 pm

We need to use more $

GK: Butt and someone else or, someone else and Butt :wink: It would be a dream to see Cech here
RB: We need at least two players for this position, it's very unlikely to get someone as good as Lahm but we need a top class here.
LB: Lahm and someone else
Defense: Lucio, VanBuyten, Micho, Breno (Bad luck with our two best defenders out but it's enough, good defense)
Midfield: MVB, Ze, Ottl, Borowski and getting Tymoschuk and Baumjohann (We should keep only Ze and Tymo and get another good one)
RM: Altintop, Sosa (We need a GOOD player here, Sosa it's good, but we need a better one. Altintop it's not regular (I hate see him playing great with Turkey) and Schweni can't play here)
CM: Ribery (Hope he plays here for the rest of his life :mrgreen:) if he leaves, then all this formation it's useless and we would need to use the same 4-4-2 since it would be difficult to get a replacement, almost impossible.
LM: Schweni (We need someone else, hopefully Marin)
Strikers: Toni, Klose, Olic and Muller (Toni is getting rusty, but Klose + Olic will be great)

But most important, we need a new coach and our respect back.
shileno
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Chile

Previous

Return to Bundesliga