You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[03-11-2007]Bayern Munich -vs- Eintracht Frankfurt

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

The result of the Bayern Munich & Eintract Frankfurt game will be a ...

A) Bayern victory
63%
B) Draw
25%
C) Frankfurt victory
13%

Total votes : 8

[03-11-2007]Bayern Munich -vs- Eintracht Frankfurt

Postby tracylynn » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:05 am

This game is only a few days after the game with Borussia Monchengladbach so I can imagine the players being really tired at this point. Also, five days after this game they play Bolton. Should Bayern take it easy in this game or still come out fighting? What do you think?
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBinNYC » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:28 pm

They'll come out fighting and they'll win. There's been a lot of games recently and that'll continue, but that's no excuse for this team. They can take it. If you want to win it all you've got to be ready to play more than once a week, every week. By the next international break we should have a good idea of where we stand for the rest of the season. (In the Bundesliga anyway.)
Anyway, back to the game. Apparently Ribdogg (as I've started to call him) could be back for this one, so that's a plus. We're finally back at home now too, so I think another straightforward victory is on the cards. 2 or 3-0.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FC Bajern » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:23 pm

Bayern had like a 90% ball possesion, clear cut chances in front of the goalkeeper and could not score, what a shame :evil:
FC Bajern

Postby diegis » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:24 pm

FT: FC Bayern 0-0 Eintracht Frankfurt :?
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:43 pm

I`ve never seen a bad luck like this before in my whole life!!! :|
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:55 pm

ESPN

Bayern created 38 chances according to stats from Premiere TV but strikers Miroslav Klose and Luca Toni had a rare off-day and when they did hit the target they found goalkeeper Oka Nikolov in inspired form.

With 12 games played, unbeaten Bayern lead the standings with 28 points.

Bayern will wonder how they let Frankfurt off the hook in a ludicrously one-sided game at the Allianz Arena.

Oliver Kahn, back from an elbow injury, did not have a shot to save, while his opposite number Nikolov was rarely out of the action.

Luca Toni forced the keeper to tip the ball over with an early header and the Italian continued to miss chances at an incredible rate.

As Toni and Klose struggled, midfielders Ze Roberto, Mark van Bommel and Franck Ribery started coming forward more often but the result was always the same, with shots either going a fraction wide or bringing fine saves from Nikolov.

It was a second successive goalless draw for Bayern, who had led by six points before last weekend's matches.

'It's always the way when you don't take your first chance - the opposition get more confident,' Bayern coach Ottmar Hitzfeld told reporters.

'We played very well but we just could not take advantage.'
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:39 pm

India eNews

With one point from the game, Bayern stayed on top of the league table with 28 points, but the gap was narrowed down to two by Hamburg.

In front of 69,000 fans, Bayern controlled the match for the full 90 minutes and created several clear-cut opportunities.

However, Ottmar Hitzfeld's team couldn't turn their dominance into goals. Frankfurt was eager to achieve a first away win, but they were satisfied with the draw.

Bayern had Oliver Kahn and Franck Ribery back but Eintracht coach Friedhelm Funkel had to make do without six players, including keeper Markus Proll and defender Sotirios Kyrgiakos.

Fortunately for Frunkfurt, Proll's replacement Oka Nikolov turned out to be the hero to save the guest team.

Nikolov had to be on his toes after just twelve seconds when he kept out Italian international Luca Toni's shot from seven metres.

Nikolov denied the Bundesliga top scorer again four minutes before half-time when he pushed the Italian's header against the cross-bar, and Patrick Ochs made a goal-line clearance against Lucio from the resulting corner.

Galindo came to Frankfurt's rescue four minutes into the second half when Miroslav Klose's lob had already beaten Nikolov, and Ribery's shot from 25 meters flashed wide soon after.

Bayern continued to press for a winner, but it just wouldn't come as Toni and Klose missed more opportunities.
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:47 pm

Online Football News

FC Bayern Munich were held to its second consecutive 0-0 draw in the German Bundesliga. Last week, German Bundesliga club Borussia Dortmund held the visiting Bayern Munich to a 0-0 draw. Just recently, it was Eintracht Frankfurt who kept Bayern Munich level at 0-0 in the Allianz Arena, FC Bayern’s home pitch.

Bayern Munich had several chances on goal, around 40 in fact, but then none of the attempts on goal could get past Eintracht Frankfurt’s goalkeeper Ola Nikolov. Bayern Munich;s scoring tandem of Luca Toni and Miroslav Klose, who are the top scorers of the German Bundesliga with 8 goals each, had several attempts on the Frankfurt goal, but without much success. At least, it gives a clean sheat to Bayern Munich goalkeeper and team captain Oliver Kahn.

Eventually, the match ended in a 0-0 draw, sharing 1 point each for Bayern Munich and Eintracht Frankfurt. Bayern Munich improve their record by one point for a total of 28 points to lead the German Bundesliga. However, a 2-1 win by Hamburg SV over Hertha BSC has improved Hamburg’s Bundesliga standings to 26 points, just 2 shy of Bayern Munich.

Bayern Munich coach Ottmar Hitzfeld will have tomake some adjustments to his side, especially with a UEFA Cup group stage match coming up against English Premier League club Bolton Wanderers on November 8. Bayern Munich might have the home pitch advantage of the Allianz Arena gainst Bolton Wanderers, but Bayern must have their attempts find the back of the net if they are hoping to win their UEFA Cup match.

Bayern Munich’s next German Bundesliga match will be against current German Bundesliga champions VfB Stuttgart at the home pitch of Stuttgart on November 10. The last 3 results of Bayern Munich in the German Bundesliga include a 2-1 defeat against VfL Bochum last October 20, and goalless draws with Borussia Dortmund on October 28 and most recently with Eintracht Frankfurt. Bayern really have to bring back their winning form if they hope to keep on top of the German Bundesliga. A loss to Stuttgart could see Bayern Munich lose the lead.
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Miss Dangerous » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:11 pm

Wilson's Almanac

Bayern Munich
Time of Possesion: 63.56%
Total Shots: 38
Fouls: 7
Offsides: 4
Corner Kicks: 16

Eintracht Frankfurt
Time of Possesion: 36.44%
Total Shots: 5
Fouls: 20
Offsides: 1
Corner Kicks: 2
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Return to Bundesliga