You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2022-01-07] Bayern Munich vs Borussia M'gladbach

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Borussia Mönchengladbach will win
No votes

Total votes : 2

Re: [2022-01-07] Bayern Munich vs Borussia M'gladbach

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:43 am

Mavs wrote:now we can all stop demonizing Kimmich for getting the Rona while unvaccinated, right?

Since *obviously*...vaccinated people still get it too and have to then miss games. Right?

That's not how the vaccine works

It doesn't stop you from catching the virus. It effectively decreases your chances of getting ill and also reduces the risk of spreading it

And what we're seeing now is the Omicron variant which is almost like a new virus on its own. That's why we have so many cases again.
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:05 am

:shock:

Aren't most countries decreasing the quarantine time to 7 days?
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MUTU » Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:47 am

Just wondering why such a decision was taken by the German authorities. As in, given that the data is clearly showing us that Omicron is less dangerous than Alpha or Delta, how come they require a longer quarantine? Is it because an Omicron-infected person is contagious for a longer period of time?
MUTU
Site Admin & Euro 2016, 2017/18, World Cup 2018 and Euro 2020 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & Euro 2016, 2017/18, World Cup 2018 and Euro 2020 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:50 am

YlonenXabi wrote:
Mavs wrote:now we can all stop demonizing Kimmich for getting the Rona while unvaccinated, right?

Since *obviously*...vaccinated people still get it too and have to then miss games. Right?

That's not how the vaccine works

It doesn't stop you from catching the virus. It effectively decreases your chances of getting ill and also reduces the risk of spreading it

And what we're seeing now is the Omicron variant which is almost like a new virus on its own. That's why we have so many cases again.

The vaccine also reduces your chances of getting infected though.

More importantly though, Kimmich got infected before we had Omicron, when the virus was being controlled much more. Furthermore, he didn't just get infected but he also had his lungs damaged because it affected him badly.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:22 pm

MUTU wrote:

Just wondering why such a decision was taken by the German authorities. As in, given that the data is clearly showing us that Omicron is less dangerous than Alpha or Delta, how come they require a longer quarantine? Is it because an Omicron-infected person is contagious for a longer period of time?
Actually from what I read this morning studies are suggesting that people with omicron also make quicker recoveries and have symptoms for less time, so presumably also less contagious. Possibly it’s because they are still taking the most cautious approach until we learn more.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:50 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!

In the meantime Neuer is serving his quarantine in the Maldives...

Very wise to travel in such a time...
Very irresponsible...
Where are the Bild elves to run after those who went for vacations abroad as if they were going to get mad if they skipped one vacation abroad ?
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:53 pm

Because there are already enough idiots going on vacation in these times and you can bet your ass they will go by private jet and not with all those people on normal travel planes ;) And probably hotels no normal people can afford anyway. But yeah, its pretty stupid to even risk it in these times.
Ottomeister87
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:19 am

Who are we going to play in midfield? Goretzka has hip problems, Kimmich is probably not ready to start and/or play 90 minutes, Tolisso has COVID-19, Cuisance is close to being sold, Sabitzer hasn't played in ages...

Roca and Musiala?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:22 am

MUTU wrote:Who are we going to play in midfield? Goretzka has hip problems, Kimmich is probably not ready to start and/or play 90 minutes, Tolisso has COVID-19, Cuisance is close to being sold, Sabitzer hasn't played in ages...

Roca and Musiala?
Nianzou?
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ottomeister87 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:12 am

Stop with Nianzou as CDM.. He isnt even fit to play on his actual position as CB as starter.. If they all are not ready it should be Roca and Musi again.
Ottomeister87
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby bastos80 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:45 pm

I don't understand the question. Roca and Musiala have done well recently.
---------------Lewandowski
------------Sané - Müller - Gnabry
------------Goretzka - Kimmich
Davies - Hernández - Upamecano - Süle
--------------------Neuer
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:14 pm

bastos80 wrote:I don't understand the question. Roca and Musiala have done well recently.

Roca and Musiala played like a couple of matches as a desperate stopgap solution and are definitely not the ideal partnership if everyone was fit. The question is asking who we think will start. I'm OK with Roca and Musiala.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:40 pm

I assume you didn’t ditch math?

It’s evident as daylight that vaccinated get infected less often… And let’s not even get started on getting sick…
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:43 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
MUTU wrote:

Actually from what I read this morning studies are suggesting that people with omicron also make quicker recoveries and have symptoms for less time, so presumably also less contagious. Possibly it’s because they are still taking the most cautious approach until we learn more.
LESS contagious?

I thought it was four times more contagious than delta?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

[2022-01-07] Bayern Munich vs Borussia M'gladbach

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:31 pm

My bad, I meant to say contagious for less time. That part is my assumption on the basis that people have symptoms for less time and recover quicker, according to various studies.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga