You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2022-01-07] Bayern Munich vs Borussia M'gladbach

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Borussia Mönchengladbach will win
No votes

Total votes : 2

Re: [2022-01-07] Bayern Munich vs Borussia M'gladbach

Postby MUTU » Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:28 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:
#12 wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:We've been breaking all sort of records in BL, CL and football in general yet he will never be happy :coffee:
The record is three consecutive CLs

73/74: Lost in Pokal vs Frankfurt
74/75: Finished TENTH out of 18 teams in the league and beaten by Duisburg in Pokal
75/76: 3rd in BL and beaten by Hamburg in Pokal

Can you imagine all the sh!t that you woud have given us during those seasons ??????????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So yeah, 3 CL trophies are great and that's what most people will remember. But they don't tell you the full story. No sextuples and no trebles in those 3 years

Whichs means that we were one game away from mediocrity on each one of those years.

He was talking about Real Madrid, but rest assured that had we been around in the 70s for that (with the forum and all), #12 would still have been shitting on Hoeness and Rummenigge :lol:
MUTU
Site Admin & Euro 2016, 2017/18, World Cup 2018 and Euro 2020 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & Euro 2016, 2017/18, World Cup 2018 and Euro 2020 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:19 pm

But the same applies to Real Madrid

3 CLs in a row, but they were far from perfect. They just had the best player in the history of the competition and luck was on their side as well

But in those 3 years they only won La Liga once and they failed to win the Spanish cup after being kicked out by Cadiz (default), Celta de Vigo and Leganes... on two legged ties :!:
- Hansi Legend Flick -
YlonenXabi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Alexander » Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:09 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:But the same applies to Real Madrid

3 CLs in a row, but they were far from perfect. They just had the best player in the history of the competition and luck was on their side as well

But in those 3 years they only won La Liga once and they failed to win the Spanish cup after being kicked out by Cadiz (default), Celta de Vigo and Leganes... on two legged ties :!:

I guess that even if we win the CL it won’t be enough for a good season since we lost 5-0 in the cup. No matter what we do we will still be worse than for example Real. ”With friends like these you need no enemies”.
Alexander
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:15 pm

I think the only way #12 won't complain about a season is if we win every single match, scoring a minimum of 10 goals and conceding a total of 0 goals in all competitions. Also, we'd need to have the toughest possible draws in the cups, and whenever we meet our opponents they'd need to have every player fit and also be in top form. Furthermore, the referees cannot do any errors, not even in favour of Bayern. The opponents are also not allowed to hit the woodwork. Even then, he'd probably complain about us not winning the CL the previous season so we didn't get to compete in the UEFA Super Cup and the Club World Cup in order to win a sextuple in a season, something no other team has ever done.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ottomeister87 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:43 pm

MUTU wrote:I think the only way #12 won't complain about a season is if we win every single match, scoring a minimum of 10 goals and conceding a total of 0 goals in all competitions. Also, we'd need to have the toughest possible draws in the cups, and whenever we meet our opponents they'd need to have every player fit and also be in top form. Furthermore, the referees cannot do any errors, not even in favour of Bayern. The opponents are also not allowed to hit the woodwork. Even then, he'd probably complain about us not winning the CL the previous season so we didn't get to compete in the UEFA Super Cup and the Club World Cup in order to win a sextuple in a season, something no other team has ever done.

Barca won the sextuple in 2009
Ottomeister87
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:49 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:luck was on their side

'luck' ;)
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:49 pm

Ottomeister87 wrote:
MUTU wrote:I think the only way #12 won't complain about a season is if we win every single match, scoring a minimum of 10 goals and conceding a total of 0 goals in all competitions. Also, we'd need to have the toughest possible draws in the cups, and whenever we meet our opponents they'd need to have every player fit and also be in top form. Furthermore, the referees cannot do any errors, not even in favour of Bayern. The opponents are also not allowed to hit the woodwork. Even then, he'd probably complain about us not winning the CL the previous season so we didn't get to compete in the UEFA Super Cup and the Club World Cup in order to win a sextuple in a season, something no other team has ever done.

Barca won the sextuple in 2009

2009 is not a season but a calendar year. No team won the sextuple in a season. We had a chance to do that last season but we first got eliminated in the Pokal by Kiel and then by PSG in the CL.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:52 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Think he meant RM in the CL era, but yeah, they weren’t winning other trophies either if I remember well.
Also I was obviously winking there- the winking emoji might give a clue… Not like I don’t want to, but I‘m aware it’s tough…
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:58 pm

Alexander wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:But the same applies to Real Madrid

I guess that even if we win the CL it won’t be enough for a good season since we lost 5-0 in the cup. No matter what we do we will still be worse than for example Real. ”With friends like these you need no enemies”.
I guess that you’re an idiot… Your whole argument is what ifs…
We won’t win the CL in this setup because injuries WILL come… I stand by that claim… But if we were to win, it would of course be a good season… But interestingly, losing to a shitty second tier team is no problem, because "we are still the best team" even after not making the semis… See where I‘m going?

Gladbach is not the sole defining point of a season… But it’s not a great season for being ahead of frigging Freiburg
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:00 pm

MUTU wrote:

'luck' ;)
Funny, coming from the guy that sent out the post you did right before…
Chief Critic

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Alexander » Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:49 am

So the CL is already lost, we were knocked out of the cup and the league was over after Frankfurt defeated us. Nobody can claim we are the best team in Germany. Another bad season. Hopefully one day we can reach the heights of for example Liverpool. They played 2-2 away to Tottenham and there is no chance we can get a result like that.
Alexander
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:35 am

#12 wrote:
MUTU wrote:

'luck' ;)
Funny, coming from the guy that sent out the post you did right before…

How so? Officiating mistakes were undoubtedly heavy in their favour. It could be luck but it could be 'luck'.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:51 am

I know we have a thread for this , but I felt posting it hereI had a dream in which I was actually playing for Bayern v these bastards... I even assisted for Robben for the 6th goal... We both ran towards goal without opponents in front of us apart Sommer... I was running with the ball and when I saw Sommer rushing towords me I squared the ball for Robben and bum
When they were going to kick off they were taunting us with the Pokal... I replied that they can happily sit on it and fuck it
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:03 am

ramsej84 wrote:I know we have a thread for this , but I felt posting it hereI had a dream in which I was actually playing for Bayern v these bastards... I even assisted for Robben for the 6th goal... We both ran towards goal without opponents in front of us apart Sommer... I was running with the ball and when I saw Sommer rushing towords me I squared the ball for Robben and bum
When they were going to kick off they were taunting us with the Pokal... I replied that they can happily sit on it and fuck it

So Robben was jogging?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:20 am

MUTU wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:I know we have a thread for this , but I felt posting it hereI had a dream in which I was actually playing for Bayern v these bastards... I even assisted for Robben for the 6th goal... We both ran towards goal without opponents in front of us apart Sommer... I was running with the ball and when I saw Sommer rushing towords me I squared the ball for Robben and bum

So Robben was jogging?
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga