You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2021-05-08] Bayern Munich vs Borussia M'gladbach

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat May 08, 2021 5:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Borussia Mönchengladbach will win
No votes

Total votes : 4

[2021-05-08] Bayern Munich vs Borussia M'gladbach

Postby MatchBot » Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:15 pm

Bayern Munich vs Borussia Mönchengladbach
Bayern Munich vs Borussia Mönchengladbach
Competition: 1. Bundesliga
Venue: Allianz Arena, Munich

Previous encounters:
  • [2021-01-08] Borussia Mönchengladbach 3 - 2 Bayern Munich (1. Bundesliga)
  • [2020-06-13] Bayern Munich 2 - 1 Borussia Mönchengladbach (1. Bundesliga)
  • [2019-12-07] Borussia Mönchengladbach 2 - 1 Bayern Munich (1. Bundesliga)
  • [2019-03-02] Borussia Mönchengladbach 1 - 5 Bayern Munich (1. Bundesliga)
  • [2019-01-13] Bayern Munich 0 - 0 AET (4 - 2 pen.) Borussia Mönchengladbach (Telekom Cup) — neutral venue
  • [2018-10-06] Bayern Munich 0 - 3 Borussia Mönchengladbach (1. Bundesliga)
  • [2018-04-14] Bayern Munich 5 - 1 Borussia Mönchengladbach (1. Bundesliga)
  • [2017-11-25] Borussia Mönchengladbach 2 - 1 Bayern Munich (1. Bundesliga)
  • [2017-03-19] Borussia Mönchengladbach 0 - 1 Bayern Munich (1. Bundesliga)
  • [2016-10-22] Bayern Munich 2 - 0 Borussia Mönchengladbach (1. Bundesliga)
  • [2016-04-30] Bayern Munich 1 - 1 Borussia Mönchengladbach (1. Bundesliga)
  • [2015-12-05] Borussia Mönchengladbach 3 - 1 Bayern Munich (1. Bundesliga)
  • [2015-07-12] Borussia Mönchengladbach 0 - 0 AET (4 - 3 pen.) Bayern Munich (Telekom Cup)
  • [2015-03-22] Bayern Munich 0 - 2 Borussia Mönchengladbach (1. Bundesliga)
  • [2014-10-26] Borussia Mönchengladbach 0 - 0 Bayern Munich (1. Bundesliga)
  • [2014-07-26] Bayern Munich 2 - 2 AET (5 - 4 pen.) Borussia Mönchengladbach (Telekom Cup) — neutral venue
  • [2014-01-24] Borussia Mönchengladbach 0 - 2 Bayern Munich (1. Bundesliga)
  • [2013-08-09] Bayern Munich 3 - 1 Borussia Mönchengladbach (1. Bundesliga)
  • [2013-07-21] Borussia Mönchengladbach 1 - 5 Bayern Munich (Telekom Cup)
  • [2013-05-18] Borussia Mönchengladbach 3 - 4 Bayern Munich (1. Bundesliga)
  • [2012-12-14] Bayern Munich 1 - 1 Borussia Mönchengladbach (1. Bundesliga)
  • [2012-03-21] Borussia Mönchengladbach 0 - 0 AET (2 - 4 pen.) Bayern Munich (DFB-Pokal (German Cup))
  • [2012-01-20] Borussia Mönchengladbach 3 - 1 Bayern Munich (1. Bundesliga)
  • [2011-08-07] Bayern Munich 0 - 1 Borussia Mönchengladbach (1. Bundesliga)

MatchBot
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: [2021-05-08] Bayern Munich vs Borussia M'gladbach

Postby #12 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:43 pm

If we don’t at least draw this, I‘m getting nervous again
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:50 pm

A well rested Bayern at the Allianz should be able to win. Sané and Coman have been ridiculously out of form and I think Musiala deserves to start. Also Alaba and Boateng are heading into the sunset of their Bayern careers so no reason not to give Bayern's defensive future gametime to assimilate together.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:19 pm

I just have to lol about these predicted line ups, nothing personal man. But he is gonna start the same 11 as he did vs Mainz. Even Herhandez will start from the bench if Davies wont be injured. Alaba goes back to CB, Gore next to Kimmich. Sane and Coman on the flanks. Gnabry bench also. Its what he does, he aint gonna change that for the last 3 games, especially not after 2 weeks rest.
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:41 pm

Lol all you want because my post wasn't about an official Bayern matchday lineup but about the starting 11 that I would personally like to see come matchday.

I don't care about what Flick will or will not do I'm simply stating what I would like to see and why.

Also "it's what he does he ain't gonna change that.."
^ That is exactly Flick's problem and that is what I was addressing in the previous post. I don't think Alaba and Boateng should start for Bayern now and now with Gnabry available again Coman/Sané need to be dropped for their very poor displays. If Flick continues to" do what he does" then that's a problem that needs calling out.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby Ottomeister87 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:14 pm

I know it was your personal one, since Bayern would not post it 2 weeks up front :P Its the last 3 matches of his Bayern coaching career. Boateng will start, Alaba will start at CB, he is gonna give them their greastest possible goodbye without fans. Davies at LB if he aint injured. Musiala will get maybe 20 or 15 minutes vs BMG. Nianzou probably wont play at all. Same as Gnabry who will come of the bench.

So yeah we can wish and predict all we want, but it just aint gonna happen. They cant fuck up again like they did in Mainz. And BMG has been a pain in the ass a lot of times in the last couple of years, and we need to avenge that dumb loss from the first half of the season.
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:48 am

Ottomeister87 wrote:we can wish and predict all we want, but it just aint gonna happen.

So as per this logic almost every discussion on this website is bullshit since it's simply the opinions and perspectives of random strangers about what's good for Bayern Munich. As per your line of thought, The Transfer wishlist thread ought to be locked since most of it is filled with wishes that will probably never happen thanks to our miserly Board.

Ottomeister87 wrote: They cant fuck up again like they did in Mainz.

And you're ok with that? In case you didn't know but Bayern still haven't OFFICIALLY won the 2020/21 BL title yet and could still theoretically lose out to Leipzig. Personally I don't want Bayern to leave it to the final matchday to secure the title and would like to see Bayern win #9 on their own terms rather than having to rely on someone else like Dortmund to do us any favors.

Also I want Bayern to win every single competitive game they play and if Flick's biased selections get in the way of Bayern and wins, I think all Bayern fans should criticize him notwithstanding the fact that our voices will mostly stay on the internet and won't actually reach Hans-Dieter Flick's ears.

Ottomeister87 wrote: Musiala will get maybe 20 or 15 minutes vs BMG. Nianzou probably wont play at all. Same as Gnabry who will come of the bench.

BTW on what basis do Coman and Sané deserve to be nailed on starters ahead of Musiala (who's shown incredible promise whenever he's played)? Gnabry is our most lethal winger and now that he's recovered from Coronavirus why shouldn't he be starting ahead of Sané or Coman who have both been woeful if not downright terrible in the last few weeks?

Also Nianzou and Lucas have shown brilliance in defense during their brief gametime so why not give them an opportunity to work together in Central defense with an eye on the future? Why do inconsistent defenders like Boateng and Alaba get to be 100% guaranteed starters?

And if your reply to all this is "bUt fLiCk wiLL dO aS hE wIsHes" then I'm sorry but you're missing the fact that the entire point of this website is to have reasonable discussion/debate and sometimes speculation is needed if not required.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby Ottomeister87 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:34 pm

So as per this logic almost every discussion on this website is bullshit since it's simply the opinions and perspectives of random strangers about what's good for Bayern Munich. As per your line of thought, The Transfer wishlist thread ought to be locked since most of it is filled with wishes that will probably never happen thanks to our miserly Board.

Because most of it actually WONT happen, just look at Bayern transfer history. The fanboy wishes dont matter to them. They only take who they seem fit for the team, not just random hype in the media about every single 18 year old who might have talent.

And you're ok with that? In case you didn't know but Bayern still haven't OFFICIALLY won the 2020/21 BL title yet and could still theoretically lose out to Leipzig. Personally I don't want Bayern to leave it to the final matchday to secure the title and would like to see Bayern win #9 on their own terms rather than having to rely on someone else like Dortmund to do us any favors.

Also I want Bayern to win every single competitive game they play and if Flick's biased selections get in the way of Bayern and wins, I think all Bayern fans should criticize him notwithstanding the fact that our voices will mostly stay on the internet and won't actually reach Hans-Dieter Flick's ears.

Uhm no, my response to the Mainz game was pretty clear, is was very pissed about that lackluster performance.

BTW on what basis do Coman and Sané deserve to be nailed on starters ahead of Musiala (who's shown incredible promise whenever he's played)? Gnabry is our most lethal winger and now that he's recovered from Coronavirus why shouldn't he be starting ahead of Sané or Coman who have both been woeful if not downright terrible in the last few weeks?

Also Nianzou and Lucas have shown brilliance in defense during their brief gametime so why not give them an opportunity to work together in Central defense with an eye on the future? Why do inconsistent defenders like Boateng and Alaba get to be 100% guaranteed starters?

And if your reply to all this is "bUt fLiCk wiLL dO aS hE wIsHes" then I'm sorry but you're missing the fact that the entire point of this website is to have reasonable discussion/debate and sometimes speculation is needed if not required

On the basis that he has fielded them all the time, even when they didnt perform pretty well. Musiala has done some nice things yes, but he just turned 18 more or less. Coaches tend to take pressure of them by keeping them benched from time to time. Gnabry this year has been utter shit aswell if you compare it to last year. We blame Sane a lot, but he should also be blamed for not going with his full potential this season.
And no, Flick is not only gonna be Do aS He WiShEs, he is giving Boa and Alaba the goodbye they deserve in his eyes. He doesnt care what the board thinks about Boateng or Alaba. He has 3 games left, he doesnt care about the future of Bayern anymore. So yes, he IS gonna field the same line up from the Mainz game, vs the BMG game, if none injures till then. Why? Because he has done many many many times this season and now they have 2 weeks of before the next game.
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:08 pm

The question now remains if Flick does what's best for Bayern's future or stick with his favorites.
America USA
I'm a post king!

Postby Ottomeister87 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:11 pm

Yeah.. those 3 games will have a big impact on the rest of Bayerns future for Nianzou, Hernandez, Musiala etc. Like i said, he is going to stick to his favourites. As far as Boa and Alaba are not injured, he will start them all 3 games for 90 minutes to give them the farewell they deserve. Benching them now after all he said about them all year would make him just a big liar then.
Ottomeister87
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:34 pm

We also don‘t KNOW, we‘re just speculating... How many times did he put out a squad that puzzled us and then destroyed the opposition? He watches them train every day and if what he did way so bad, we‘ll se without him, Alaba and Boateng next season, right?
Summer 2020: Hasan, show us your weakness!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Evan van Essen » Sat May 08, 2021 10:45 am

Hopefully lucas starts at cb but i dont expect it whatsoever.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A5010 met Tapatalk
Evan van Essen
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby ramsej84 » Sat May 08, 2021 12:44 pm

Evan van Essen wrote:Hopefully lucas starts at cb but i dont expect it whatsoever.

According to the prob line ups I have seen , Alaba plus Boateng it is...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sat May 08, 2021 4:41 pm

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Evan van Essen » Sat May 08, 2021 5:10 pm

Neuer - pavard, boateng, lucas, davies - kimmich, alaba - coman, muller, musiala - lewandowski

Why is alaba starting in midfield over goretzka??? Cant stand this.

Evan van Essen
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Next

Return to Bundesliga