You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2018-10-06] Bayern Munich vs Borussia M'gladbach

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
100%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Borussia Mönchengladbach will win
No votes

Total votes : 2

Re: [2018-10-06] Bayern Munich vs Borussia M'gladbach

Postby #12 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:54 pm

aterford wrote:
RedQueen wrote:I don't think he was hired as a scapegoat, they just couldn't find anyone better who fit the profile (German speaking, young, at least a hint of a Bayern pedigree) and didn't want to admit it by hiring someone who obviously doesn't fit it.

Maybe they wanted to prove those right who claim that even the greenkeeper could win the league with the Bayern squad. Although with the Ancelotti experience at the beginning of 2017/18, they should have known better.

Why they gave him a 3 year contract, though, is a mystery. Tuchel's only got a 2 year contract at PSG.

Yep, I think that's a good way of looking at it. Feels to me like they hired Kovac because if Kovac succeeds then they can say that the "system" works. If there's success under Kovac, it's vindication for not spending big in the transfer market. It's vindication for extending Robbery. For not hiring a big name coach. For not doing all the "modern" football things. It shows that the squad is good enough - that the club is well-ran enough - that just doing 'Bayern things' is enough.

There was this strange sense of 'moral superiority' I got when Uli and Co. talked about Kovac vs Tuchel. At the time, it seemed like we were trying to put ourselves on some moral high ground for hiring Kovac instead of Tuchel (nevermind Tuchel's rejection) and for not buying big players, etc... and that's still kind of the sense i get - that if we do well with Kovac, we can say "See! We're not like those OTHER clubs!"

The other clubs winning 3 CLs with previously no name coaches? Or three in a row with an inexperienced coach?

Not gonna work...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:55 pm

RedQueen wrote:
aterford wrote:Yep, I think that's a good way of looking at it. Feels to me like they hired Kovac because if Kovac succeeds then they can say that the "system" works. If there's success under Kovac, it's vindication for not spending big in the transfer market. It's vindication for extending Robbery. For not hiring a big name coach. For not doing all the "modern" football things. It shows that the squad is good enough - that the club is well-ran enough - that just doing 'Bayern things' is enough.

There was this strange sense of 'moral superiority' I got when Uli and Co. talked about Kovac vs Tuchel. At the time, it seemed like we were trying to put ourselves on some moral high ground for hiring Kovac instead of Tuchel (nevermind Tuchel's rejection) and for not buying big players, etc... and that's still kind of the sense i get - that if we do well with Kovac, we can say "See! We're not like those OTHER clubs!"

I'd so love to have been "fly on the wall" during all these deliberations. Most of all I'd love to know exactly what Tuchel said during that alleged conversation in fall 2017, that led to him being put on the back-burner.

Probably "I have a mind of my own"
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:39 am

RedQueen wrote:
aterford wrote:Yep, I think that's a good way of looking at it. Feels to me like they hired Kovac because if Kovac succeeds then they can say that the "system" works. If there's success under Kovac, it's vindication for not spending big in the transfer market. It's vindication for extending Robbery. For not hiring a big name coach. For not doing all the "modern" football things. It shows that the squad is good enough - that the club is well-ran enough - that just doing 'Bayern things' is enough.

I'd so love to have been "fly on the wall" during all these deliberations. Most of all I'd love to know exactly what Tuchel said during that alleged conversation in fall 2017, that led to him being put on the back-burner.

Don't remember the source - so don't know if it was anything credible or not - but the rumor was that he'd told them if he was to be manager he didn't want Robben and Ribery (and perhaps others, I don't remember that far) back this year...
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Previous

Return to Bundesliga