You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2019-11-09] Bayern Munich vs Borussia Dortmund

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:30 pm

Bayern Munich will win
70%
It will end in a draw
10%
Borussia Dortmund will win
20%

Total votes : 10

Re: [2019-11-09] Bayern Munich vs Borussia Dortmund

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:59 am

We played quite a few long balls from the defense directly to the attack. It seems to work every time against Dortmund.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Borusse » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:11 pm

That's because you need very sophisticated tactics to beat Dortmund, not this basic "patient buliding from the back" shit.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Borusse » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:19 pm

Have only watched the first half as I'm in Prague for the weekend. Bayern played amazingly well when without the ball, great compact pressing. With the ball you played a normal game but it was more than enough for BVB. We looked like we didn't have a plan for this game at all, our previous three games gave some hope for a better performance but unfortunately we went back to being clueless again. Our results on AA in recent years are shameful, we're becoming your HSV. :D
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:28 pm

Borusse wrote:Have only watched the first half as I'm in Prague for the weekend. Bayern played amazingly well when without the ball, great compact pressing. With the ball you played a normal game but it was more than enough for BVB. We looked like we didn't have a plan for this game at all, our previous three games gave some hope for a better performance but unfortunately we went back to being clueless again. Our results on AA in recent years are shameful, we're becoming your HSV. :D

And you're saying without watching the infinitely better second half. :mrgreen:
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bmguy » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:30 pm

At least Bayern stops bleeding on the defense on the last 2 matches.
I hope Hansi Flick could become a great successful coach for us, he looks smart and composure unlike the arrogant looking Kovac 8).

Alaba in CB is actually can help us to easily switch to 3 defense system when Davies cares less on defense.
bmguy
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Vietnam

Postby Achilles » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:18 pm

I'm impressed from the performance, the discipline for the second time and the excellent pressing. Clean sheet with Neuer not getting a shower, two straight games we shut it down the opponent with not a "normal" back four but with a collective tactical defending and discipline. I have to say it felt REALLY great even if we won both Olympiakos & BVB with 1-0 it would feel great because for once I felt relaxed.

Props to Flick, I truly enjoyed last night's game because it was dominant in every aspect it would be the same scoreboard if Olympiakos GK wasn't so solid against us but who cares? I still want one of ten Hag or Tuchel in our driver's seat with Hansi Flick as assistant however if he manages to get a win over Gladbach or at least we're top of the league by the winter-break by performing equally good football as in the last two games there is absolutely no need to search for an interim until summer and MAYBE if he manages to keep up this level of football combined with CL semis and Bundesliga title who knows... he definitely will be a serious candidate for the head coach job. Whatever let's not rush, step by step
Mia san mia
Achilles
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:39 pm

Guys... Changing coaches is known to produce a big short term boost in performance. Let's not blow this two results put of proportion.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:40 pm

Hakara wrote:Think the only game I've enjoyed more this season was the Tottenham game, but that's mostly cause I was watching that in a bar with a bunch of tottenham fans. This was more composed defensively.

Incidentally also a match during which Thiago was benched.

Thiago's a great player, but we seem to play faster and more direct football without him.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016, 2017/18 and World Cup 2018 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Fénix » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:42 pm

MUTU wrote:
Hakara wrote:Think the only game I've enjoyed more this season was the Tottenham game, but that's mostly cause I was watching that in a bar with a bunch of tottenham fans. This was more composed defensively.

Thiago's a great player, but we seem to play faster and more direct football without him.

Wohoooo!!! Stop it right here, please! You may once again move us back in the past. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
Fénix

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Croatia

Postby bastos80 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:44 pm

MUTU wrote:

Ironically, we only really turned up and scored 5 goals when Thiago was subbed in after half-time, which included a genius 50 meter pass to Gnabry for his third goal.
---------- Lewandowski
Coutinho - Havertz - Sané
---------- Alaba - Thiago
Davies - Lucas - Pavard - Kimmich
--------------- Neuer
bastos80

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:47 pm

bastos80 wrote:
MUTU wrote:

Ironically, we only really turned up and scored 5 goals when Thiago was subbed in after half-time, which included a genius 50 meter pass to Gnabry for his third goal.

Oh, right. Fair point. I take it back, but I still think that for all that he brings to the pitch (which is a lot, I still think he's our best midfielder), he does slow down our play a bit. Perhaps it's a matter of a coach giving him tactical instructions though, I don't think he's "slow in the head".

I'm more worried about Goretzka. I think both Thiago and Tolisso should be ahead of him in the pecking order.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bastos80 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:53 pm

MUTU wrote:
bastos80 wrote:
MUTU wrote:

Oh, right. Fair point. I take it back, but I still think that for all that he brings to the pitch (which is a lot, I still think he's our best midfielder), he does slow down our play a bit. Perhaps it's a matter of a coach giving him tactical instructions though, I don't think he's "slow in the head".

Thiago is a player that is good at dictating the tempo. You can't have 3 players in midfield that only know "Vollgas" either. Sometimes you just don't have a choice.I trust the next coach to get Thiago back to 18/19 form.
---------- Lewandowski
Coutinho - Havertz - Sané
---------- Alaba - Thiago
Davies - Lucas - Pavard - Kimmich
--------------- Neuer
bastos80

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:14 pm

MUTU wrote:
bastos80 wrote:
MUTU wrote:[quote="Hakara"]Think the only game I've enjoyed more this season was the Tottenham game, but that's mostly cause I was watching that in a bar with a bunch of tottenham fans. This was more composed defensively.

I'm more worried about Goretzka. I think both Thiago and Tolisso should be ahead of him in the pecking order.[/quote]

Are you seriously talking about Goretzka, "the most talented central midfielder in the world"?
Guess you’re not only bad at judging coaches
FC **** LOSERS München!!
Chief Critic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:36 pm

MUTU wrote:

It doesn't need to be that way though. Thiago had spells (I believe under Ancelotti) in which he played the deep lying playmaker in the Xabi/Pirlo style very well. That's what I want to see from Thiago, and less horizontal passing.

PunkCapitalist

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:38 pm

MUTU wrote:
bastos80 wrote:
MUTU wrote:[quote="Hakara"]Think the only game I've enjoyed more this season was the Tottenham game, but that's mostly cause I was watching that in a bar with a bunch of tottenham fans. This was more composed defensively.

I'm more worried about Goretzka. I think both Thiago and Tolisso should be ahead of him in the pecking order.[/quote]This right here. We need a proper coach who implements proper tactics and can communicate their role to each player. That's what we have been missing since Pep left. Ancelotti was too hands off, Kovac was incompetent. Consequently players kept going by decaying inertia in terms of tactics and their roles.

PunkCapitalist

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga