You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2009-02-08] Bayern Munich Vs Borussia Dortmund

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

Who will be the winner of Bayern Munich Vs Borussia Dortmund?

Poll ended at Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:29 am

Bayern Munich
100%
Borussia Dortmund
No votes
A Draw
No votes

Total votes : 10

Re: [2009-02-08] Bayern Munich Vs Borussia Dortmund

Postby shwas55 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:07 pm

MrLinky wrote:A win is what we need to get closer to the top-spot , lets hope last week was just an exception.I'm hoping for an early goal by Toni which would make things a lot easier for the rest of the match. =D>

well i guess an early goal against will make things a lot tougher now
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby shwas55 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:32 pm

Klose got stepped on and kneed in the head to get that ball to ribery great spirit =D>
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:51 pm

We just need way too many chances to score , in the first half only it should have been at least 3-4 goals. :roll:
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby shwas55 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:52 pm

Weidenfeller is having a great game for BVB he saved 4 certain goals. He is kepping them in the game
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby walter » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:55 pm

Good game so far. Dormund's keeper has made, IMO, the greatest save of the season when denying Klose's header. MVB is playing REALLY well, a commanding presence in midfield so far; great passing and great tackling so far.
Last edited by walter on Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MrLinky » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:55 pm

Yea Weidenfeller is having a good game and our players are just too casual in finishing , that has to change in the second half.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby shwas55 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:57 pm

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, what a great way to finish the match.
I thought we were great today, we deserved the 3 points.
I have to say Lell is playing some very good matches, if he keeps up it he will keep Oddo on the bench beyond the three games suspension.

One small concern i have though, it seems that we are having some troubles dealing with counter attacks, everytime BVB went on a counter attack they looked very dangerous.
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby walter » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:58 pm

YES!!! back to second place. Good goals from Klose.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby FCBinNYC » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:09 pm

shwas55 wrote:I have to say Lell is playing some very good matches, if he keeps up it he will keep Oddo on the bench beyond the three games suspension.

Really? I thought Lell was garbage today. Every chance for Dortmund seemed to come about from Lell being way out of position, except for their goal of course. (I would've felt really bad for Micho had we lost 1-0!) Oddo can't get back soon enough for me. Or how about Breno?

At the other end of the pitch, two words: TARGET PRACTICE. Toni and Altintop in particular had some horrendous shots. Fortunately Klose can always get the job done, it's good to see the flip again! Overall I thought our attacking play was good, but pretty much everyone's touch seemed a little off. The first half was among Ribery's worst minutes in a Bayern shirt, I thought. But whatever, he did what he had to do when it counted. On to Berlin!
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MrLinky » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:38 pm

This game should have been decided in the first half and the chances should have been used a lot earlier but at the end we got the 100% deserved win.The bad run of conceding a goal in every match at home this season continues though.

Another thing I'd like to mention is the big difference in quality between the right flank and the left one , you see that in almost every match but today it was very significant.You cant expect Schweini to play like Ribery and you cant expect Lell to play like Lahm but they have to do some penetrating , bring in some quality crosses and create dangerous situations , they missed that and it makes our game very predictable.On this subject the role of Ze also has to be metioned as he does a lot offensively on the left side , the guys on the right flank dont have someone like that , that comes up from the center , makes runs , helps them out at times and adds creativity , but still our right side has to improve.After securing Tymoshchuk's services , the RB position has to be our priority #1 in the transfer market.

As I said , the next matchday we're back on top! :)
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby reiniksrobis » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:27 pm

GREAT Match!!!! Bad shot % :(

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:37 pm

Some statistics:
The first foul of the game came after 9 minutes.
Toni did not dive that much today. :P
Toni missed a couple of chances.
Van Bommel did not get a yellow card (or a red card for that matter)

Bayern deserved to win. Created a lot of chances but wasted too many. Although BVB were always dangerous when they attacked, mostly due a big gap between the defense and the midfield. Plus the defenders need to close down quickly opponents and don't give them the time and space to think and shoot.

I feel for Donovan. He needs a full game but he WON'T get it UNLESS Toni or Klose get injured. So I think back he goes to USA. And i feel for Borowski too. He did not touch the ball.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby reiniksrobis » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:28 pm

And when was last time when Lahm fouled someone? Today he fouled Frei. And I don`t remember Lahm fouling someone this season. VERY clean player :)

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby slyk » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:47 am

Good results but troubling nonetheless. A win is always appreciated but i can't help but think of the implications for CL. I notice Bayern were very vulnerable to counter attacks, over dependent on the left side, low chemistry and apparently had target problems. If these problems continue its hard to see Bayern progressing after sporting lb.
slyk
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby shwas55 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:16 am

mackoy wrote:Some statistics:
Although BVB were always dangerous when they attacked, mostly due a big gap between the defense and the midfield.

I noticed that too, the gap between our defense and Midfield is growing ... not sure if its tactical or poor communication between DMs and defenders, lets hope Tymo's arrival will fix that, cuz we are really starting to look vulnerable to counter attacks.
shwas55
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to Bundesliga