You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-04-13] Bayern Munich vs Borussia Dortmund

Discussions on the German Bundesliga matches.

[2008-04-13] Bayern Munich vs Borussia Dortmund

Postby MaCk0y » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:01 pm

Ribery and Jansen are rated doubtful for this match while Van Bommel is suspended. Bayern have the opportunity to open up a 10 point lead over second placed Bremen who won on Saturday against third placed Shalke.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby medin69 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:15 pm

i hope they will win
medin69
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Hawkeye » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:40 am

This is from Goal.com, I hope it provides a good insight into this game for you all :)

Fresh from their breathtaking Uefa Cup comeback against Getafe, Bayern take on Borussia Dortmund at the Allianz Arena in what is a dress rehearsal for next weekends German Cup final.

Bayern March On

The trilogy of Bundesliga, German Cup and Uefa Cup is still on for Bayern following their stunning fightback on Thursday against Getafe. At 3-1 down on the night the Bavarians looked dead and buried, but they summoned up the necessary quality to produce a spectacular comeback with two late goals from Luca Toni securing them an aggregate win on the away goals rule.

The jubilation of the result however, shouldn’t hide the fact that Bayern played poorly against a team reduced to ten men for the majority of the game.

Bayern now face two matches against Dortmund in the next week as they look to stay on track in both the league and the Cup. The Bavarians showed plenty of character in midweek and also last Sunday when coming back from a goal and a man down against Bochum to secure a 3-1 win.

The lead at the top of the table is now nine points with just seven matches left to play. Three points against BVB will see Ottmar Hitzfeld’s side take a huge step towards the league title and inflict a psychological blow on their opponents ahead of next Saturday’s Cup final in Berlin.

Ottmar Hitzfeld had previously said that his policy of rotation was over as the Bavarians looked to push towards the Bundesliga title, but he may look to rest a few players after the exertions in Spain.

A win on Saturday and then three more points against Frankfurt on Wednesday will see the Bavarians 99% certain of clinching this season’s Bundesliga title. The ‘treble’ is very much still on.

One Down, Two To Go

Dortmund take on Bayern in the second of their three clashes this season looking to maintain their unbeaten run. The October match in Dortmund finished goalless, which was the start of Bayern’s only real wobble this season. They went on to draw 0-0 with Frankfurt and lose to Stuttgart.

Dortmund however are without an away win against Bayern Munich since October 12th 1991, making it their bogey ground. However, having finally ended losing streaks against both Leverkusen and Schalke in recent weeks, could their poor run in Bavaria be about to come to an end too?

Will trainer Thomas Doll look to hide his cards ahead of the German Cup final or will he play his strongest side as he looks to end BVB’s barren run in Munich? “At this point of the season, there really are no more secrets one club can hide from another” Doll said.

The game on Sunday could have caused Dortmund quite a headache had Bayern not been so many points clear at the top of the table. If Bayern finish in the top three, then the German Cup final losers will qualify for the Uefa Cup. The scenario could well have been that beating Bayern Munich in the Allianz Arena would have damaged Borussia’s own chances of European football next season.

As it is, it seems that the Ruhr club will be taking their place in the Uefa Cup next season. They will however have to improve on the form they have shown this season. Dortmund currently lie 11th, which is unacceptable for a club of Dortmund’s size and stature.

80,000 fans regularly fill the Signal Iduna Park and they will be dissatisfied to be finishing in the bottom half of the table, even if they do go on to win the German Cup next weekend.

FORM GUIDE

Bayern Munich

Match Result Date Championship
Getafe - Bayern Munich 3 - 3 10/04/2008 UEFA CUP
Bayern Munich - VfL Bochum 3 - 1 06/04/2008 BUNDESLIGA
Bayern Munich - Getafe 1 - 1 03/04/2008 UEFA CUP
Nürnberg - Bayern Munich 1 - 1 29/03/2008 BUNDESLIGA
Bayern Munich - Bayer Leverkusen 2 - 1 22/03/2008 BUNDESLIGA
Bayern Munich - VfL Wolfsburg 2 - 0 19/03/2008 DFB-POKAL

Borussia Dortmund

Match Result Date Championship
Borussia - Bayer Leverkusen 2 - 1 06/04/2008 BUNDESLIGA
VfL Bochum - Borussia 3 - 3 29/03/2008 BUNDESLIGA
Borussia - Karlsruher SC 1 - 1 22/03/2008 BUNDESLIGA
Borussia - Carl Zeiss Jena 3 - 0 18/03/2008 DFB-POKAL
Hamburg - Borussia 1 - 0 15/03/2008 BUNDESLIGA
Borussia - Hertha BSC 1 - 1 07/03/2008 BUNDESLIGA

Head to head record in Munich:

11/08/06 Bayern 2 Dortmund 0

13/05/06 Bayern 3 Dortmund 3

19/02/05 Bayern 5 Dortmund 0

09/11/03 Bayern 4 Dortmund 1

09/11/02 Bayern 2 Dortmund 1

09/02/02 Bayern 1 Dortmund 1

TEAM NEWS

Bayern Munich

Mark van Bommel is out suspended following his red card against Bochum, while Hamit Altintop remains sidelined for the rest of the season with a broken foot.

Following the midweek Uefa Cup tie in Spain, Ottmar Hitzfeld has injury concerns over Franck Ribéry and Marcel Jansen. Ribéry sustained a blow to his right foot in the 3-3 draw with Getafe, while Jansen has a knee problem.

Ottmar Hitzfeld has also offered keeper Oliver Kahn the chance to have a rest following the strain of Thursday’s Getafe thriller. There could well be a few more rotations ahead of next week’s Cup final.

Probable starting XI: Rensing, Lell, Lahm, Lucio, Demichelis, Ottl, Zé Roberto, Schweinsteiger, Sosa, Podolski, Klose

Borussia Dortmund

Trainer Thomas Doll has the rare luxury of a near full squad to choose from as he takes his side to face Bayern. The only two doubts are Alexander Frei and Antonio Rukavina, but both look to be winning their races to achieve full fitness. Frei has a slight calf problem, while Rukavina has sore toe.

The big question surrounds the goalkeeping position with Roman Weidenfeller finally available following his shoulder injury. Marc Ziegler has deputised admirably and will be hoping that Doll keeps faith in him.

Philip Degen is fit again after five months out but may have to settle for a place on the bench. Christian Wörns will return from suspension to partner Bayern Munich loanee Mats Hummels in the centre of defence.

Probable starting XI: Weidenfeller, Rukavina, Hummels, Wörns, Dede, Kehl, Kringe. Tinga, Federico, Frei, Petric

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Bayern Munich- Lukas Podolski

Podolski looks set to be given another Bundesliga start and he will want to impress. His chances have been severely limited this season, so it is up to him to show what he can do when given the chance. He scored the equaliser a few weeks back against Nürnberg coming on as a substitute, but then rather disappointed against Getafe in the first leg and again last weekend against Bochum. He needs to impress on Saturday.

Borussia Dortmund- Alexander Frei

The Swiss striker has looked lively in recent games. He came on to great effect last weekend against Bayer Leverkusen scoring the equaliser five minutes from time before Dede then snatched a late, late winner. If Dortmund are to take advantage of any tiredness in the Bayern ranks, the Frei could be the one they look to.

PREDICTION

Thursday’s Uefa Cup quarter final thriller against Getafe will have taken a lot out of the Bayern players both physically after extra time and mentally. The loss of Ribéry is a blow as Bayer never quite as potent an attacking force without him. I feel a draw is on the cards, leaving both sides looking forward to next Saturday’s Cup final.

Bayern Munich 1-1 Borussia Dortmund

Mathew Burt
Hawkeye
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:47 pm

Click here for Channels broadcasting the match live.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby fcelber87 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:45 pm

42nd minute, Bayern 4 - Dortmund 0. My god, Podolski golaso. This team is rockin it.
fcelber87
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBinNYC » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:56 pm

WOW I guess they wanted to put on a show after Getafe, and it's only halftime! That was awesome. Was Podolski's goal Bayern's Goal of the Season so far?! I'd have to watch them all again but I think so! Lookin forward to the 2nd here...
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby medin69 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:57 pm

nice match
medin69
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby fcelber87 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:37 pm

5-0 Ottl. I hope the pokal finale is like this.
fcelber87
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby chori123 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:46 pm

What a football!! What a game, amazing combinations..

Hope the DFB Pokal Final is like this..
chori123
Getting the hang of it

Postby medin69 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:11 pm

DFB POKAL will be like this trust me..crushing victory:)
medin69
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:12 pm

A superb match by Bayern! I didn't get to see Podolski's goal. :(
Bayern played just wonderful. They played 1 touch and 2 touch football. What's got into Roberto? He seemed very energized today more than any of the other matches he played all season! That's a good thing! :D
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby FCBinNYC » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:19 pm

True, Ze was fantastic today. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Ze has more goals this season alone than he managed to get in his 4 previous years with Bayern! Who says an old dogg can't learn new tricks? :D
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:02 pm

MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Return to Bundesliga